Quasar - One Day [Mistress of Evil]

RAH

It's so funny the way people describe music.

My one friend uses words like "soundy" and "uppy" when describing trance.

Like i'd play him a killer tune and he'd say "no way it's too uppy"

at least he doesn't say too "whiiiiii" ...

Ok I'll probably have to listen the actual album and not just samples...

That really sterile, monotonous, sound-effect based trance isn't any more creative than the standard melodic catchy stuff though - both styles sound really generic...

It's so funny the way people describe music.

My one friend uses words like "soundy" and "uppy" when describing trance.

Like i'd play him a killer tune and he'd say "no way it's too uppy"

at least he doesn't say too "whiiiiii" ...

626008[/snapback]

with whiiiiiii i mean literally that they use the pitched whiiiiiiiiiiiii sound before every climax :P

Ok I'll probably have to listen the actual album and not just samples...

That really sterile, monotonous, sound-effect based trance isn't any more creative than the standard melodic catchy stuff though - both styles sound really generic...

626075[/snapback]

If its the Quasar album you are referring too then I really disagree, I think you defintitly should get a listen to the real thing, IMO its so very far from a generic sound! ;) And BTW the samples at saikosound are long but they lack quality :(

I might have to do that - the first time I heard both Hux Flux - "Cryptic Crunch" and X-Dream - "Radio" I thought those albums were rather bad - just sound effects and whatnot... Now they're just about my two favorites... Stuff like Infected Mushroom though grabbed me right away...

Is there melody in this Quasar album?

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

^^^ I first heard Quasar, with Dylalien playing a Fractal COwboys set, while tripping harder than Ive ever tripped on acid! And knew right then and there that those guys know how to make some PSY-CHE-DELIC stuff!

I was literally pinned to the ground in my tent, unable to move due to the sheer magnitude of insanity they were pumping out! And I lucked out, my tent was right in line with the stage monitors!

Great release, need to give it another listen sometime real soon! Take more... :D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...