Extrawelt

Otto Matta

I know some of you are already familiar with this project because I've seen the name here a few times, but if you're not (and I really haven't acquainted myself until tonight), it's a Midimiliz spin-off - a little less tranced, and more blissed-out and housed (sans frommage). I've purchased their singles on MP3, and I'm officially in love. If you like the tasteful tech sound these guys are so good at, enjoyed Passages and Non Standards, appreciate a nice cross-over sound from pros who know what they're doing, then check out the samples:

Border Community

Kompass Musik

I know some of you are already familiar with this project because I've seen the name here a few times, but if you're not (and I really haven't acquainted myself until tonight), it's a Midimiliz spin-off - a little less tranced, and more blissed-out and housed (sans frommage). I've purchased their singles on MP3, and I'm officially in love. If you like the tasteful tech sound these guys are so good at, enjoyed Passages and Non Standards, appreciate a nice cross-over sound from pros who know what they're doing, then check out the samples:

I didn't know that they were the ones behind that project, but I've been enjoying Soopertrack on Agorias excellent Cute & Cult mix cd.

I didn't know that they were the ones behind that project, but I've been enjoying Soopertrack on Agorias excellent Cute & Cult mix cd.

562161[/snapback]

Yeah, I didn't know it was them either. Just thought it was an odd new name related some how to all the other -welt names, and therefore electro of some sort. Then I put 1 and 1 together a few days ago, found their music last night, and - surprise, surprise - it's good. :D

Despite all the hype surrounding it, I found their debut Border Community release boring/annoying as hell. But everything they have done since then is just fantastic.

Despite all the hype surrounding it, I found their debut Border Community release boring/annoying as hell.  But everything they have done since then is just fantastic.

562360[/snapback]

How are you listening? Just curious...

How are you listening? Just curious...

562747[/snapback]

With my ears. :P

I think I just heard those tracks sooooooooo much when they first came out (and for months afterwards), they never had that initial "wow" factor for me, so they got really old really quickly for me. But they have impressed me with everything they have put out since then, and I still eagerly search out any new releases or remixes from those guys. They make damned tasty tunes.

:superskazikillarghemoticon:

With my ears. :P

I think I just heard those tracks sooooooooo much when they first came out (and for months afterwards), they never had that initial "wow" factor for me, so they got really old really quickly for me.  But they have impressed me with everything they have put out since then, and I still eagerly search out any new releases or remixes from those guys.  They make damned tasty tunes.

Got it.

:superskazikillarghemoticon:

562777[/snapback]

Sweet! Like :angry: x5000

is there any difference between an extrawelt tune and a midimilliz tune,is extrawelt also tech/trance,all this hype is getting me curious.

562864[/snapback]

Extrawelt falls more in the minimal-tech scene than in the psy-tech-trance sound like midimiliz. More mellow, more subtle, deeper, slower, elegant.... They still have that somewhat raw tech sound swimming about their tunes, but it's a lot more restrained and mature.

Ive now been in some recordshops, because I wanted to listen to more stuff from Extra Welt.... i must say, I dont like ANY of it. Its booooooooooooooooooooring! Oh well, I liked the samples from the thread, but the rest is for me not good at all (this is MY taste, so dont you dare bashing it! ;)) Anyways, I think if they keep the quality of the latest one, it might become a hit :D