Electro House Mix

thebadtrip

thebadtrip - Yes, I party with no panties, Officer

http://www.sendspace.com/file/8voj4r

Hi there people... I recorded my 2nd set this Sunday night and I'd like to get some feedback from you.

Especially from those who perform (DJs/Musicians).

Shoot all the cricitism, but please tell me what went wrong and how to correct it.

I am aware of the sorta bad mixing, some beat mismatches, etc along the set, but I'd like to get comments on the progression of the set, the style played, etc.

So... anything regarding the set is welcome :)

Thanks and here's the link again

My DJ set

Downloading it! ;) do you have a tracklist around btw?

Will try to give some criticism

Edit:

Build-up sounds good in my ears, the mix rocks for the most part, just the way I like it (though I don't really like some electro vocals but thats a matter of taste).

This is the kind of electro/house stuff I would dance on for sure! and the mixing isn't bad at all.. few not supertight mixovers but i've heard people mix a lot worse :) just when a tune isn't really on top of the other, don't keep the two kicks floating together for a long time, fade one of them out a bit faster so that the mix sounds a bit tighter (otherwise people will hear the sloppiness) keep it up!

Downloading it! ;) do you have a tracklist around btw?

Will try to give some criticism

Edit:

Build-up sounds good in my ears, the mix rocks for the most part, just the way I like it (though I don't really like some electro vocals but thats a matter of taste).

This is the kind of electro/house stuff I would dance on for sure! and the mixing isn't bad at all.. few not supertight mixovers but i've heard people mix a lot worse :) just when a tune isn't really on top of the other, don't keep the two kicks floating together for a long time, fade one of them out a bit faster so that the mix sounds a bit tighter (otherwise people will hear the sloppiness) keep it up!

559217[/snapback]

I got the track list somehwere around here..

I know some of them by heart.. just don't know the order I played.. I'd have to listen to the set again

Evermore - It's Too Late (Dirty South Remix) [this one is the first track, I think]

Krafty Kuts - Bass Phenomenon

Santos - Electro

Chris Lake - Release (Luke Dzierzek Remix)

Nick Terranova - Elektro Fuck (Tribal Fuck Remix)

Coburn - Give Me Love (Lutzenkirchen Remix)

Nick Liousians & Luke Dzierzek - Wrongans (Original Mix)

Elio Riso & Raffunk - Ego vs Ego (Original Mix)

Filo & Peri - In Your Face (Original Mix)

Coburn - We Interrupt This Program (Jean Claude Ades Remix)

Slash Dash - White Horse (Instrumental)

Martinez - Shadowboxing (Trentemoller Remix)

Johan Afterglow - Me On (Alex Grani Remix)

PS: Almost of them I bought on Beatport.com

I got the track list somehwere around here..

I know some of them by heart.. just don't know the order I played.. I'd have to listen to the set again

Evermore - It's Too Late (Dirty South Remix) [this one is the first track, I think]

Krafty Kuts - Bass Phenomenon

Santos - Electro

Chris Lake - Release (Luke Dzierzek Remix)

Nick Terranova - Elektro Fuck (Tribal Fuck Remix)

Coburn - Give Me Love (Lutzenkirchen Remix)

Nick Liousians & Luke Dzierzek - Wrongans (Original Mix)

Elio Riso & Raffunk - Ego vs Ego (Original Mix)

Filo & Peri - In Your Face (Original Mix)

Coburn - We Interrupt This Program (Jean Claude Ades Remix)

Johan Afterglow - Me On (Alex Grani Remix)

PS: Almost of them I bought on Beatport.com

559480[/snapback]

Krafty Kuts, I was to his live event. OOOOMG ROXXXXXOR!!! I GOT CRANK WITH DANCING11111

I will see it :wub: As soon as I have hard disc space..

Krafty Kuts, I was to his live event. OOOOMG ROXXXXXOR!!! I GOT CRANK WITH DANCING11111

I will see it  :wub: As soon as I have hard disc space..

560895[/snapback]

It's only 76Mb.

I'm afraid the link will expire soon. But I'll upload it again tonight and repost the link then.

Thanks a lot, Deepdrone ;)

PS: Krafty Kuts own the break beatZ

Bass Phenomenon seems to be @ ~ 59:00 so thus not the second one?

Its good as well as a couplea others, but the whole seems to me the tracks chosen are random and not so satisfactory ..

The end is better in general imo :)

Bass Phenomenon seems to be @ ~ 59:00 so thus not the second one?

Its good as well as a couplea others, but the whole seems to me the tracks chosen are random and not so satisfactory ..

The end is better in general imo :)

560970[/snapback]

As I said.. the track listing above doesn't display the order of the tracks.. those are just the ones played in the set..

And 'yes', the sequence is not so homogeneous... I am still trying to build a more consistent set... This is the second set I have recorded so far and I still lack good music and better mixing skills.. But thank you very much for listening and giving some feedback

>> The end, which you said you preferred, has more minimal electro tracks..

downloading now :)

561119[/snapback]

wOOHOO :) Feed back appreciated, bro!

i'm about 20 minutes into the mix and i hear no big issues yet.  maybe work on making pitch adjustments whilst in the mix less noticable, but that will come with time naturally. nice sounds so far

561448[/snapback]

you have the basic skills mate, maybe work on making the transitions between tunes more subtle. nice tunes :)

you have the basic skills mate, maybe work on making the transitions between tunes more subtle. nice tunes :)

561940[/snapback]

Basic skills indeed! And no maybe to "work on making the transitions more subtle".

I am aware of all the mistakes and am already working on fixing them.

I'm practicing more and I'll bring another set for your reviews when I sense the fun from listening to it will be greater to you.

Again, thanks :)