Weird CPU issue with Cubase SX3

Can someone fingerpoint what is going on? I mean, in the taskmanager its telling me im using about 20% of my CPU and in cubase performance monitor its 80%?!

Is that some BUG in Cubase?

Posted Image

i get that sometimes

rebooting helps

is cubase set to use your dualcore or HT or whatever it is?

555804[/snapback]

How do you set that up? Im good at computers, but im totally new to this dualcore thing. Its an AMD 64x2 3800. I have 2 gig of Ram in it now, because the 3rd stick was not dual core and it wassnt 128bit :(

Rebooting didnt do anything actually. However when I set the priority in taskman to Realtime, it went down a LITTLE bit....

I know on a MAC you can chose how much of the CPU you want to use for each application, shame you cant do the same on a PC :(

I know on a MAC you can chose how much of the CPU you want to use for each application, shame you cant do the same on a PC :(

555875[/snapback]

I seem to remember you knocking macs a while back... Changed your stance? ;)

How do you set that up? Im good at computers, but im totally new to this dualcore thing. Its an AMD 64x2 3800. I have 2 gig of Ram in it now, because the 3rd stick was not dual core and it wassnt 128bit :(

Rebooting didnt do anything actually. However when I set the priority in taskman to Realtime, it went down a LITTLE bit....

555875[/snapback]

there should be a checkbox for multiprocessing somewhere where you choose the asio stuff.

also try putting more load in it, so the sx cpu meter goes to 100%. see if you feel anything going wrong.

maybe buffer settings? dunno..

there should be a checkbox for multiprocessing somewhere where you choose the asio stuff.

also try putting more load in it, so the sx cpu meter goes to 100%. see if you feel anything going wrong.

maybe buffer settings? dunno..

555948[/snapback]

Well, the problem is not performance, because it runs fine with no crackles or anything.

My buffersize is fine... Ill check in Cubase later on tonight! :) Thanks a lot for the hints!

Nemo

From the Getting started manual on page 55 (DOH I FEEL STUDID).

The Expert settings.

On the VST Audiobay page you will find a button called “Expert…”.

This opens a dialog with advanced settings for the VST Engine, including

a Multi Processing switch. When this is activated (default setting if

you have a hyper-threading or multiple-CPU system – in a single-CPU

system, this option is greyed out) and there is more than one CPU in

your system, the processing load is distributed evenly to all available

CPUs, allowing Cubase SX/SL to make full use of the combined

power of the multiple processors. See the Online Help for details.

Activating the “Lower Latency” option will basically disable the CPU

overload protection, but allow for lower latencies. See the Online Help

for details.

so that was your problem? :lol:

(55 pages on a getting started manual lol)

556154[/snapback]

LOL Mike! Nah, I made a search in the manual, I didnt actually read all those pages hahahaha :D

555875[/snapback]

On the old OS 9.x you could assign the amount of memory devoted to the application - that is not an option on OS X... If someone knows how to assign CPU on OS X I would REALLY like to know about it :D

-A

in windows you can assign which cpu you want the program to run on

affinity in task manager :)

556399[/snapback]

In Taskmanager ive set it to high prio, and in cubase now to use both processors. WELL, it was already set to that, but for some reason I had to take it OFF, and then restart cubase and then ON, and then restart cubase again. Now its showing me exactly what its showing in taskman.

Where in taskman do you set that option you are talking about? I cant find anything else than which prio hehe :D

EDIT: NEVER F... mind :) I got it ahhaha :D Ive had a beer already :D

• 3 weeks later...