post the oldest modern "dark/forest/twisted"

reger

Guest Astro Cortex

:lol:

I've been tuning in to that station a couple of times today.

If this is what you call dark/forest psy or whatever... it is really beyond me what you see in this music. There's like... nothing of interest going on.

It's exactly like I decribed: kick+very low monotonous bassline+all sorts of FX/noises and it just goes on and on.

I think I know what to call this: DEAD trance.. music completely void of emotions or any melody or atmosphere of interest.

555828[/snapback]

Man, that's exactly what I think too. Sure it still might be different at an actual forest party etc etc, but I'm quite sure I couldn't stand that monotonous beat for more than like half an hour or so.

Read my review of Hacking the Reality Myth:

http://www.ektoplazm.com/reviews/hacking-the-reality-myth/

555888[/snapback]

Yep, that's what I'd call the real thing. Twisted psytrance as it should be, creative and original.

Guest Astro Cortex

from NZ very foresty place ;)

To all bad-talking forest music ----> U dont know what u r missing ;) and sure if u cant appreciate complexity I can understand u  :P

555911[/snapback]

Well I love forests too, no doubt about it. But I know loads of music that I'd enjoy better in a forest than that so-called forest psy ;)

Guest Astro Cortex

Ozric Tentacles is excellent forest music. Then there's a lot of good ambient, like Steve Roach on his more earthy/tribal side. And of course some tribal trance like PWOG/Exquisite Corpse would fit perfectly too.

:)

yeah, and if you want a 4x4 beat to dance to you might as well spin Tiesto because it's not like dark psy has more artistic value or anything

sorry I'm in a very irritating mood today  :lol:

555944[/snapback]

artistic value? wait all of a sudden we talking about artistic value ? :D

you don't like 4/4 beats we get it, that's cool... don't close your options though and above all don't generalize, those enrage the pygmy communities of south east asia, and trust me, you don't want to piss them off.

http://ip23.dyn181.pacific.net.hk/play/m3u/07d/e1.m3u

yeah, and if you want a 4x4 beat to dance to you might as well spin Tiesto because it's not like dark psy has more artistic value or anything

sorry I'm in a very irritating mood today  :lol:

555944[/snapback]

very sad :P very sad u can't hear the differens.... I mean for u :lol:

;)

hehe RAH I was just listning to that track before on my bike on my way home! I ya face music ehhh?!!

Well I love forests too, no doubt about it. But I know loads of music that I'd enjoy better in a forest than that so-called forest psy ;)

555935[/snapback]

Heehe yeah I there is a lot of different music I would like to hear in a dark forest and lucky for me among them are forest psy ;)

:lol:

I've been tuning in to that station a couple of times today.

If this is what you call dark/forest psy or whatever... it is really beyond me what you see in this music. There's like... nothing of interest going on.

It's exactly like I decribed: kick+very low monotonous bassline+all sorts of FX/noises and it just goes on and on.

I think I know what to call this: DEAD trance.. music completely void of emotions or any melody or atmosphere of interest.

555828[/snapback]

Right

It's pretty clear that one either feels the forest thing or one doesn't. But again, I think a lot of that has to do with having experienced the Scandinavian forests, and likely the culture itself. Music is based on culture. It's language in a way, as well as images. If New Zealanders were to make their own brand of forest music, it would sound different, but it would also probably have some subtle similarities.

I don't think people should get offended or defended if they don't hear it or feel it. But I would recommend taking a trip into a Scandinavian forest someday. There's a unique magic there. And if you feel it, you'll hear it in the music, and you'll probably like the idea of the two combined.

cold norwegian black metal is still the best 'forest' music... check out the first Ulver album for example... (bergtatt) :)

Posted Image

and nattens madrigal

Posted Image

They also contain real forest sounds (the sound of running on branches / breaking branches.. etc)

Ozric Tentacles is excellent forest music. Then there's a lot of good ambient, like Steve Roach on his more earthy/tribal side. And of course some tribal trance like PWOG/Exquisite Corpse would fit perfectly too.

:)

555942[/snapback]

Ozric Tentacles? No way, man! That's cheese space rock! :lol:

I've heard some stuff, not so much from Roach, but from Robert Rich and Vidna Obmana that might apply. Never thought of it that way, though.

Guest Astro Cortex

Ozric Tentacles? No way, man! That's cheese space rock!  :lol:

STFU cheeseball! :P

I've heard some stuff, not so much from Roach, but from Robert Rich and Vidna Obmana that might apply. Never thought of it that way, though.

556144[/snapback]

Some of that stuff sounds clearly connected to earth/nature somehow, so why not try it out in a forest? B)

yeah so Ozric Tentacles is cheese, and this isn't  :lol:

I'm not taking anything back, the music I hear on that radio station is horrible.

556372[/snapback]

what tracks are their playing? :rolleyes:

If you would like to judge download a few albums such as Derango - Tumult or Schlabbaduerst 5 and try to listen as neutral as possible..

Ah yes, Norwegian black metal ... our second biggest export after oil.

556281[/snapback]

hehe, i was talking about the old stuff... not the bombastic new dimmu burger crap, that has nothing to do with forests...