DEPECHE MODE

seraph

Whoooooa !!!!! I've just got back from Sofia where I went with bunch of my friends with organised bus and tickets... I say that these guys still rule, despite their latest 2 lousy efforts ( EXCITER and PLAYING THE ANGEL ) and this was promotion of their new album. To tell you the truth I hate their new album ! Depressive, monotonous, slow and boring completely but live it sounds slightly better. But, that wasn't the essence of the event. The essence were many popular hits from before that they even played longer versions, more progressed in their arrangements and with such heart and spirit performed : PERSONAL JESUS, ENJOY THE SILENCE, BEHIND THE WHEEL, IN YOUR ROOM, STRIPPED, WALKING IN MY SHOES, I FEEL YOU, A QUESTION OF TIME, NEVER LET ME DOWN AGAIN.... Whooooo ! AMAZING ! They had 9 video beams on stage, incredible, stunning split screens effects, beautiful images, whole stage looked so good and professional and no wonder since it is DEPECHE MODE ! Stageing, effects, design and atmosphere was TOP NOTCH ! Plus there was 30 000 people ! It was really good experience that lasted almost 2 hours ! I so much missed one of my favourite tracks BARREL OF A GUN, IT'S NO GOOD, WHEN I LOSE MYSELF, STRANGELOVE but it didn't matter cause whole thing was one huge spectacle...and it was my first time I was hearing them live... I am truly thrilled ! :):D

Cool that they still rock live!

Although their new stuff is really not my cup of tea anymore, music wise ... just depressive and not good anymore <_<

I love the old Depeche Mode though ... and as I see in that list of songs they still do play old songs, so it's probably not that bad going to see them live :)

Cool that they still rock live!

Although their new stuff is really not my cup of tea anymore, music wise ... just depressive and not good anymore <_<

I love the old Depeche Mode though ... and as I see in that list of songs they still do play old songs, so it's probably not that bad going to see them live :)

553744[/snapback]

No, not @ all, I was shocked when they broke the chain of their best tracks with some boring new stuff, like they didn't have the course duing the concert, I hate breaking the euphoria with some ballads, but I get it is their thing, that's what they think that it moves other people and I respect it but I don't respect the idea of making 2 depressive no electro, just pop albums in this MODERN, progressed age. :unsure:

So you made it to see them live! :) I also saw them this January and their concert was really just great. Guess we allready talked about it then, I remembering making a thread about it. The concert I've been to was smaller and because of that more familiar, about 10000 people or something. The atmosphere was just great and the people were even appreciating their new songs. People were singing along to nearly all songs, no matter if old or new but of course the cheers were louder by the old classics. I personally like the new album way better than the last two. I especially like Precious but the rest is ok. They also didn't play Strangelove at my concert, pretty bad since it's my favourite song. But if I remember they did play When I Lose Myself (but probably my mind is playing tricks on me). Anyway, great fucking concert!!

Sounds like a blast! :) I really wanna see them play too.

I was offered free tickets once, but I was in the army at the time and they wouldn't let me leave 2 hours early on a friday to catch the train back home. Fuckers.