any PSY better than Talpa ?

psychonaut

Lepton, have you heard the new Highko album yet??

554467[/snapback]

yes I have ...

it's good the first time you listen to it... But since all tracks are in the same style and there are 2 outstanding tracks all the ohters become useless

best track : highko vs kindzadza !!!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes I have ... 

it's good the first time you listen to it... But since all tracks are in the same style and there are 2 outstanding tracks all the ohters become useless

best track : highko vs kindzadza !!!

554515[/snapback]

No ways dude.

Highko vs Alien Mental - Not a Puppet.

That tune is outstanding.

a public service announcement for our friends who failed to get into talpa's music

Posted Image

talpania and kalashari were magnificient but I don't like melodic music just for the sake of being melodic that's what I dislike about his album ....

overdose :

I'll check out the track names when I get home , all I rembember was 2 outstanding that made all the others useless one of them was by or with kindzadza ...

overdose :

I'll check out the track names when I get home , all I rembember was 2 outstanding that made all the others useless  one of them was by or with kindzadza ...

554536[/snapback]

Yeah. Its the very last track. Its my fav on the album for sure.

I like the artists you mentioned.

Have you tried theese:

1. Electric Universe - 1. Silence in Action - 2. Cosmic Experience

2. Fractal Glider - Parasite

3. Psydrop - Fantasy Seeds

Also: Crop Circles, MFG, UX, Slide, Hallucinogen, Transwave, Cosmosis, Tandu, Sandman?

Victory Not Vengeance ;)

551945[/snapback]

both new electric universe albums are fullon, the newest mfg album is also fullonish but it is quite good because it has a lot of mfg elements, nothing to new kind of world and "the prophecy" ofcourse but still better than the other fullon crap.

Then let me third it  :P  Never figured out what is so great about Talpa. Just traded it. :)

554524[/snapback]

me too, i can´t understand what´s that great of talpa, penta is fullon how i know, i listened to a few samples and iddn´t like them at all, man get some good stuff like younger brother and so on, or if you want discover other old artists try blue planet corp, try mfg, ofcourse hallucinogen and all his relations with other artists also.

Talpa's good in small doses

Agreed. I thought his tracks "Kalashari" and "Mandragor" on Vibraspirit 23 were awesome; on his album he seemed to be trying too hard to put as many ideas into each song as possible, and none of the ideas were that good. I liked "the moon" though.

me too, i can´t understand what´s that great of talpa, penta is fullon how i know, i listened to a few samples and iddn´t like them at all, man get some good stuff like younger brother and so on, or if you want discover other old artists try blue planet corp, try mfg, ofcourse hallucinogen and all his relations with other artists also.

554615[/snapback]

Penta full on?? :blink: It's not nice to lie is it...? Please try to be more informed or at least listen some before speaking... cus it aint near full on dude, (and its just one guy!)

;)

Penta full on?? :blink: It's not nice to lie is it...? Please try to be more informed or at least listen some before speaking... cus it aint near full on dude, (and its just one guy!)

;)

554641[/snapback]

Yeah, penta is dark/forest psy. Its defintely not full-on.

Penta falls under the umbrella of full-on, which is simply a description used since day 1 to denote dance floor ripping potential... it's not the fluffy modern stuff, that's all.

554756[/snapback]

Well then most is full-on, now thats not what we call it it nowadays... Its just very missleading to call it full-on when other categories fit better... but after all its just us people who like to put everything into fitting categories, a bit silly really ;)

If I should put him in a category it would be the same as OD:

dark/forest psy!

:)

Well then most is full-on, now thats not what we call it it nowadays... Its just very missleading to call it full-on when other categories fit better... but after all its just us people who like to put everything into fitting categories, a bit silly really ;)

554786[/snapback]

I've probably thought about it a bit more than some of you... there's no real need to pin something down to one style or another. The words we use to describe music are simply that - descriptions. Full-on has a very well-defined nature: energetic music to dance to. In 1996 it was Etnica, in 2002 it was GMS, and from about 2004 onwards it became a catch-all for shit music in some people's minds. Er, mostly people that post on forums far more than they go to parties :) now think about Penta's music... which of the following is true: it is full-on, it is dark, it is psychedelic, it has a "horror" sound, it is Russian/American... well, I would say "all of the above!" Do we then say that Penta's music is Russian/American dark psychedelic full-on with a "horror" sound?

Personally, I've got his stuff filed under "Psychedelic Trance (Dark)" in my own collection. Now think about this - I wouldn't usually discuss Penta and say his music is "full-on"... but I would totally disagree with anyone who says that Penta is NOT "full-on"... does this make some more sense?

Most dark-psy has a sort of fullon bassline, but that's all.

554790[/snapback]

Hmm, not sure about that... in my mind, "darkpsy" is a musical movement with a shitty name. It actually encompasses a fairly wide range of stuff, from music considered to be "pure psychedelia" to trauma trance, horror sounds, hard stuff, fast-paced approaches, industrial, and - bizarrely - that fucked up undead rave stuff the LPS guys do... point being, there's a lot of darkpsy that isn't dark at all, and plenty that does without any kind of "fullon bassline", if you mean the kind that sounds like wobbly-wobbly-woo.

Note: it's friday afternoon, and I'm being a bit absurd ;)

You are right that there are a kind of "fullon feeling" in his (Penta's) basslines, I dunno if any one have said anything else... but for me there are much more than basslines in music (I know there must be for u too)... so thats why I can't agree on calling his music full-on, that was my initial statement!

I also agree that "darkpsy" is not always very fitting for the "darker" music's nature but its alright as a rough description IMO anyway. At least thats how it works in a practical sense. Thats how I see that the term "full-on" has become, its not just a description of : energetic music to dance to, but a term of music which describes a style of producing music. Thinking of the style we have seen spawn in Israel since late nineties (as the earlier Full-on series from HOM-mega might have hepled promote, I mean the name and maybe later on also style I dunno). What I mean is that when most people today talking about full-on they are talking about that!

But I fully understand what u mean that the term full-on not originally was refering to a more or less specific genre or style but time has made it so.

:) I hope what I have to say make some kind of sense...

Its friday night here and I should'nt be sitting here writing.... aha have to get earlie in the morning and study :unsure:

Most psy is better than talpa...

:D

553811[/snapback]

Yeah that's really helpfull. <_<

How did this thread turn into a debate on psytrance genres? Oh well, I may aswell agree with those classifying Penta as Darkspy. Full-on bassline means nothing. So much psytrance has the full-on bassline without being full-on. Don't agree with the person who says it's forest-psy though.

Anyway, if you hadn't realised (like me), there's a new track from Dark Nebula Vs Talpa on the Psionic Religion Comp!!! Check it out http://www.saikosounds.com/english/display...ase.asp?id=5771

Also checkout the Miraculix track on that comp! It's pretty awesome! In fact Miraculix is from the same label as Talpa, and actually has a similiar kind of style I think from the samples I'm listening to at the moment! I definately recommend you check them out! I know I will :D

Yeah that's really helpfull. <_<

How did this thread turn into a debate on psytrance genres? Oh well, I may aswell agree with those classifying Penta as Darkspy. Full-on bassline means nothing. So much psytrance has the full-on bassline without being full-on. Don't agree with the person who says it's forest-psy though.

Anyway, if you hadn't realised (like me), there's a new track from Dark Nebula Vs Talpa  on the Psionic Religion Comp!!! Check it out http://www.saikosounds.com/english/display...ase.asp?id=5771

Also checkout the Miraculix track on that comp! It's pretty awesome! In fact Miraculix is from the same label as Talpa, and actually has a similiar kind of style I think from the samples I'm listening to at the moment! I definately recommend you check them out! I know I will :D

555739[/snapback]

For me all music with the rolling bassline is fullon, the bassline is so annoyng that even the best oldschool goa would sound awful with such a bassline, just my opinion.

Anyway, if you hadn't realised (like me), there's a new track from Dark Nebula Vs Talpa  on the Psionic Religion Comp!!! Check it out http://www.saikosounds.com/english/display...ase.asp?id=5771

555739[/snapback]

Also check out his two new tracks here:

http://label.psygarden.org/mali_mp3_mid/07...aed_clovers.mp3

http://label.psygarden.org/mali_mp3_abs/04-talpa_-_the.mp3

That should be a hint on what his new sound will be like