any PSY better than Talpa ?

psychonaut

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you tried the other big Sundance albums? Nystagmus & Planum for example... or dig into Torakka (see my review in the 2004 section) or Uni (a Japanese act with some great stuff on older albums)...

551922[/snapback]

well Planum i will need to check out, the other 3 i dont think are quite on the same level as Talpa.

I like the artists you mentioned.

Have you tried theese:

1. Electric Universe - 1. Silence in Action - 2. Cosmic Experience

2. Fractal Glider - Parasite

3. Psydrop - Fantasy Seeds

Also: Crop Circles, MFG, UX, Slide, Hallucinogen, Transwave, Cosmosis, Tandu, Sandman?

Victory Not Vengeance ;)

my favorite used to be Astral, then it was Pleiadians, then Filteria, now Talpa

what can you recommend ?

551916[/snapback]

After seeing Talpa's live, I want to say, no, there really isn't anything better. not sure what you are really looking for..BUT...try Mr. Peculiar- Elements

Infected Mushroom - The Gathering

Infected Mushroom - Classical Mushroom

if you like talpa maybe you will like one of these albums. :rolleyes:

my personal recommendations would be....

Derango - Tumult

Droidlock - Elephantronika

Steptime - Steptime

Mubali - Cats @ Play

Rastaliens - Xplore The Wild Side

Greg On Earth - Sigilweaver

Dissociactive - Blockout

Wizack Twizack - Behind The Trees

Para Halu - World Of Peace

Artax - Super Position

:)

my favorite used to be Astral, then it was Pleiadians, then Filteria, now Talpa

what can you recommend ?

551916[/snapback]

would you ask my brain ... it would recommend you a special experience with a strong substance ... ellegal but not banal

and then i suggest to listen only to stuff you know but stuff you only think weird about ... honkey old dark happy tunes .. tunes of any genre :blink:

If you like Talla you lyke the real psychedelic trance

Try Ypsilon5 :D

No real psychedelic trance this year :angry:

552125[/snapback]

i was also thinking of ypsilon 5, but rather in connection with astral projection instead of talpa

khetzal is real nice as well

Yeah Talpa is awesome! My two favourite psy producers are Talpa and Derango. And for that reason, I second listening to Derango - Tumult. It's not really like Talpa in terms of style. BUT it is extremely psychedelic, which is one of the aspects I loved most about Talpa! So I think it's definately worth checking out. Maybe if we have similiar tastes you'll love it too :D

I havn't listened to many other Suntrip releases. Nystagmus is just ok. Has nothing on Talpa. I've listened to some samples for Planum. It's pretty good! Alot closer to Talpa and Infected Mushroom than most stuff. So definately check him out.

Another possibility is The Misted Muppet. Their style has a very medieval feel to it, which is similiar to Talpa has on a few tracks (My Kingdom, No Place to Hide etc). Their style is said to be inspired by Infected Mushroom, like Talpa's. It's quite melodic and medieval. I like it! :D

Another psytrance producer I've found which I am beginning to get more and more into is Penta! What I love about Penta's style is it's quite melodic for dark psy, his songs can be really intense! With big climaxes and stuff. It's also very psychedelic and is chock full of awesome sounds! Big recommendations for Penta.

Ka-Sol - Fairytale sounds quite good from the samples. I love forest psytrance ever since I first heard Derango. So psychedelic. I'll probably be getting this album. The fact that it has both morning and night psy, and is kind of goa inspired like Talpa may appeal to you.

I hope I've been some help! It's great to meet another Talpa fan! Talpa is so awesome, I've overplayed his songs to hell and I never tire of them. It's hard to get really good psytrance. If you do find something like Talpa, please post it here, I'm eager to find some more stuff like Talpa too! :D

p.s. last time I checked Talpa's forums he'd completed 7 of the 10 songs on his new album! Hopefully shouldn't be too long now! He's said he's also changed his style quite a bit too. Though I'm sure it will still kick ass.

Another psytrance producer I've found which I am beginning to get more and more into is Penta!

553379[/snapback]

yeah penta is magnificent.. :)

dont know why i forgot to mention him in my post, even though i have associated talpa and penta.

maybe you should check out cosma (RIP) -if for some strange reason you missed his work.

Edited by unikos