03. Audiopathik - Corrosive Material [150]

04. Fearkiller - Nonexistence [152]

05. Kiriyama - Feuerschutz [152]

06. Phazy M'ulator - Panikula [150]

07. Danse Macabre - Glombakkadoffdish [158]

08. Polyphonia - Freakadell [151]

09. Jelly Vs Mind Distortion - Dr Givazoo [154]

10. Total - Mr Fingers [160]

The second installment from the Devil’s Mind labs has been unleashed for the delight of all those who enjoy hearing music in a genre where everyone else simply gets noises. Overwrought, night-time, manic immersions drawing a digital-gothic divide.

( 1 ) Alex Ladyzanskay is no stranger to the night-scene with numerous releases in the last couple of years. The clarity of his deep, deep kicks and hesitant edge of coherent tonality, denying to part from what makes sense – in the loose sense of the word- is pushed a bit further in Incoming Trancemision. A departure from the usual Claw ensemble which is for the most part a sure bet. It flies well for a first chapter, confusing the listener in the right direction if you know what sound to expect. *

( 2 ) Melorix is a Belgian newcomer part of Devils mind family from the extended network. In case you were wondering, gabba and other influences ending in “core” play their part here. Following the doctrine of squelchy, liquid distortion as the main line inconspicuously appears in a crunchy riff. Nice build up in a really noisy style. I think the samples detract a bit from the overall thing, but that’s just me.

( 3 ) Audipathik is composed of Alex (Acidize) and Gilbert (Wilo) showing there’s still mero, mero’s from Mexico. Corrosive Material is by all means corroded and overdosed to the top with sonic conjurings in a blazing thunderstorm of erratica. Great ideas but, the corroded first part goes down like a cat clawing his way out of the speakers. The last half brings some of the juiciest, atmospheric lines I have heard of in a while though.

( 4 ) Kirill, the one Russian figure in Durdom, has already probed territory in Vertigo and Déjà vu in the past with mild success. I have haven't been overly impressed by the couple of works encountered so far in my journeys but they always seem to range in styles completely, starting with “Samba Roumba” in Vertigo. Nonexistence departs a bit from the dizzyingly mechanical, alienated, nearly emotionless surroundings. They do their job as hypnotic, brainless, material though.*

( 5 ) Alex Kiriyima, one half of Peacespect along with Peter (Vegetal) that just released his debut – an introspective look at psy-punk-politics- not too long ago. This one attempts a different approach from the raucous overload that has passed us so far In Feuerschutz. In the same vein as the Swedes, the approach to beats is mostly rock-drumming style with relentless squelching and Gregorian-type passages that I could swear I’ve heard before in some Japanimation. Interesting…

( 6 ) Tamas from Hungary delivers Panikula, a fair slice of coordinated discordia squeezing a rhyme from those wind-like melodics. The problem is all the action lasts 6 minutes and the last three are transition material, so it makes for a sweet discharge of energy alas a bit short to actually tell a story.

( 7 ) Dense Macabre has been probing electronic music for nearly thirteen years now and this is his side project into the dark-psyde of things. Glomba-something-or-someother is completely feral and grotesque. On top of it all, it seems to ride on a tribal beat strapped to a couple of interplanetary rockets heading straight up… *

( 8 ) Romolo from Polyphonia is always a pretty difficult proposal to digest and Freakadell is right on top of them of all. This… thing… that sounds like a roar with pixilated tail, squeaking endlessly in cacophony for nearly the whole thing. Some strange lines come in later and, well… there you have it. Most of the times I can attempt grasping his message, but the communication lines need to be highly attuned here. Otherwise the jumble of screams and distortion race from the left ear to the right, in one harried motion without leaving anything behind for the memory recall.

( 9 ) Baba Jelly that loves to work with upcoming producers, pairs this time with Mind Distortion System. Karim’s futuristic alien-styled psytrance imposes the pace in this sonata for the darker sides of Mars, where Dr.Givazoo is more than happy to receive sporadic visits. *

( 10 ) Patrik Andersson, another forest gnome from the Swedish confines ends this shindig with the discombobulated Mr. Fingers as “I think he likes tunes too… what’s wrong Mr. Fingers?” Who knows, the malignant aura just sits on top of this odd character, as he tells his story without having to rely on the typical synth line distortions and squelchy stuff, it is more like gnarly, shrilling sound, showing some interesting moments of musical lucidity on the way.*

Durdom is by no means your typical walk in the park and Dennis has presented some fresh faces and great digs. A valuable tool to fend off the beasts when it’s that time of the night, where nothing makes sense and some relief can be found in perplexity. Not a bad way to your spend your pocket money kids.

Where to Buy

Saiko Sounds >

http://www.saikosounds.com/english/display...ase.asp?id=5483

• Like 1

(  10  ) Patrik Andersson, another forest gnome from the Swedish confines ends this shindig with the discombobulated Mr. Fingers as “I think he likes tunes too… what’s wrong Mr. Fingers?” Who knows, the malignant aura just sits on top of this odd character, as he tells his story without having to rely on the typical synth line distortions and squelchy stuff, it is more like gnarly, shrilling sound, showing some interesting moments of musical lucidity on the way.*

Durdom is by no means your typical walk in the park and Dennis has presented some fresh faces and great digs. A valuable tool to fend off the beasts when it’s that time of the night, where nothing makes sense and some relief can be found in perplexity. Not a bad way to your spend your pocket money kids.

551285[/snapback]

You in fact got the sample wrong here. It is taken from the popular internet cartoon, Salad Fingers, Episode 6: The Picnic. The sample goes "I think he likes spoons too.....Whats wrong Mr Fingers, do you not like my mouth-words?"

I love this album... strangely for an album with an average bpm of 152, I don't think it's so much an album to dance to as one to listen to while lying down in the dark with one's head between the speakers. Top stuff, there isn't a single weak track.

You in fact got the sample wrong here. It is taken from the popular internet cartoon, Salad Fingers, Episode 6: The Picnic.  The sample goes "I think he likes spoons too.....Whats wrong Mr Fingers, do you not like my mouth-words?"

551443[/snapback]

right-o i stand corrected :)

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe the sickest compilation around...

All tracks are great except Fearkiller which is kind of typical dark. Kiriyama, Phazy M'ulator and Danse Macabre are sick!!! Total is an awesome forest anthem, Polyphonia great as always (with hillarious Harry Klynn samples-greek guys know) and of course Audiopathik!

Awesome! :o

• 5 weeks later...

apocalyptic death trance!

A lot of this kind of trance is coming from Sweden these days!

And I love it!

You can have your opinions, and I'll have mine thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

apocalyptic death trance! 

A lot of this kind of trance is coming from Sweden these days!

And I love it!

You can have your opinions, and I'll have mine thank you!

585137[/snapback]

Yes,

It's realy near to black/death metal sounds & feelings !!! in a way I see no difference at all...nasty and evil stuff!!! loads of Dark energy!!!

I really love it... that way, go on guys I'm on your side for the third one!!! :D

seeing no connection between metal & darkpsy???

death to false psytrance!!!

:lol:

• 2 weeks later...

I love this album... strangely for an album with an average bpm of 152, I don't think it's so much an album to dance to as one to listen to while lying down in the dark with one's head between the speakers.  Top stuff, there isn't a single weak track.

551569[/snapback]

I must disagree on the dancing part...

There was a dancefloor loving MR FINGERS quite intensly just this sunday past !

I wasn't dancing, but that one got me going :D

(unfortunately I cannot get ahold of this CD, I only have the one track...

so I can't really say for the rest of it too much...)

um dj's usually pitch the tempo down to suit the rest of their set.

so it was probably slower.

600869[/snapback]

erm, it was played at a moderate 156 bpm that particular night. also i've heard it played before at the full 160, and danced like crazy.

erm, it was played at a moderate 156 bpm that particular night. also i've heard it played before at the full 160, and danced like crazy.

600906[/snapback]

Thanks for having played it!

did you keep a set list from the night?

amazing set!

Thanks for having played it!

did you keep a set list from the night?

amazing set!

601098[/snapback]

thanks, it was a blast playing there! i don't have a set list as i was just going with the flow, but i can try to remember some of the tracks later.