best 3 oldschool goa albums

radi6404

Astral sure have produced quite a few really good albums under a few different names (not heard rainbirds though :( ) but I don't think they are the finest in the genre. Early infected was better as were Pleiadians, eat static, x-dream, technossomy, green nuns etc. Some of these didn't produce as much but what they did release was really good.

imFo

I find it great that others have also the same opinion of these guys, man they aktually fucking are the best man, they manage to give you that uplifting feeling like love that no other artists managed as good as they, they are the masters and i can´t say in words how much i like their music, i also agree that Amen isn´t bad at all, it´s more club trance but still psychedelic and has the astral touch, in goa trance there are Astral Projection and Hallucinogen that are on the same level and any other trance artist is below them

548814[/snapback]

yes friend exactly!!! their music is unique, amazing vibe, magic touch!!!as you said radi i cant discraibe my feelings for "Astral Projection"...the guys are GODS man!!!

i believe a big part of goa-psy scene have structured in their music!!!"Astral Projection" in this scene is something different from all the other....

Astral sure have produced quite a few really good albums under a few different names (not heard rainbirds though  :( ) but I don't think they are the finest in the genre. Early infected was better as were Pleiadians, eat static, x-dream, technossomy, green nuns etc. Some of these didn't produce as much but what they did release was really good.

imFo

548830[/snapback]

I don´t know which infected mushroom album is good, can you tell me because there are so much. Green nuns of the Revolution are also very good and acidic with their TB303 Riffs, i also like some old Kox Box but i still find astral better.

I don´t know which infected mushroom album is good, can you tell me because there are so much. Green nuns of the Revolution are also very good and acidic with their TB303 Riffs, i also like some old Kox Box but i still find astral better.

548862[/snapback]

Infected albums that are good imo:

The Gathering 1999

Classical Mushroom 2000

Aye

Classical Mushroom is my favourite, followed by

The Gathering and then far behind is

BP Empire

After that their albums became interesting but most tracks seemed to lack any feeling and in their last album (although it had a couple of good tracks) there was loads of really bad singing. OUCH! :angry:

Aye

Classical Mushroom is my favourite, followed by

The Gathering and then far behind is

BP Empire

After that their albums became interesting but most tracks seemed to lack any feeling and in their last album (although it had a couple of good tracks) there was loads of really bad singing. OUCH!  :angry:

548867[/snapback]

Oh how i hate the tracks were the guys of infected mushroom sing, it´s too awful IMO

Oh how i hate the tracks were the guys of infected mushroom sing, it´s too awful IMO

548884[/snapback]

I reckon a lot of people here would agree with that. The guy can't sing. why does he insist on singing? Singing isn't bad if you're good at it. But dudev my friend...YOU SUCK :P

548884[/snapback]

They don't sing in The Gathering or Classical Mushroom. Not BP Empire either if i remember correctly.

They don't sing in The Gathering or Classical Mushroom. Not BP Empire either if i remember correctly.

548899[/snapback]

I think thats what ruined IM. From the 1st time i heard Duvdevs voice, i wanted to claw my own eyes out, and put cigarettes out on my gums.

Hallucinogen Lone D+Twisted

Shiva Sidpao - The Album

Pleiadians - Family Of Lights

Astral Projection - Trust In Trance

Sorry thats five, but could'nt help my self!!!  -_-

552695[/snapback]

Very good choise!

Guest Cosmogenesis

It's almost impossible to tell only 3. But, if I make a top ten, I will include those releases:

RA - 2 Sirius

Dimension 5 - Second Phaze (it's not a surprise! :P )

MFG - New Kind of World

Shakta - Silicon Trip

Color Box - Train to Chroma City

Hallucinogen - Twisted

Astral Projection - Trust in Trust 3 (even if I get quickly bored with it now)

Chi-a.d. - Earth Crossing

And some others that I surely forgot. But my taste changes through the years and become more and more "selective".

• 7 years later...

I wouldn't limit Best Goa albums to three. The 5 below I'd give a solid A to.

Some of the best Goa is reflected in certain songs on other albums. Just listen to N.D.M.A.'s Vitan track, and there are countless others by different artists. The best groups that influenced Goa include and are not limited to:

Astral Projection, Battle of the Future Buddhas, Chi-A.D. Cosmosis, Dimension 5, Doof, Electric Universe, Green Nuns of the Revolution, Infected Mushroom, Jaia, Juno Reactor (not pure Goa), Khetzal, Man With No Name, MFG, Miranda, RA, Sandman, Tandu, The Infinity Project, Transwave, UX, X-Dream.

- Pleiadians: I.F.O.
- Hallucinogen: Twisted
- Etnica: Live In Athens 1996
- Filteria: Daze Of Our Lives
- Hallucinogen: The Lone Deranger

I would disagree though that Hallucinogen's albums were goa - to me they were the first of the "psytrance" style - I feel the same way about Koxbox "Dragon Tales" too though..

Those Koxbox and Hallucinogen albums are much closer in style to other albums that we usually call psytrance than they are to goa - albums such as Infected Mushroom's early albums, Talpa, Nystagmus, Misted Muppet, Hedonix, Double Dragon, Process, etc..

It's hard to say where goa ends and psytrance begins though..

1. D5 - Transdimensional

2. Pleiadians - IFO

these two were easy. as third one i'd actually like to choose a newschool release (although i'm not exactly sure which one), but since it's all about oldschool, i'll go with...

...i can't decide, either one of those

3a. Hallucinogen - Twisted

3b. MWNN - Teleportation

astral has no chance for a spot in here. imho their best tracks are either only found on compilations or distributed among their various albums instead of collected on a single disc (such as mwnn's teleportation - if that even counts. it's more a "best of" than a real album).

I won't be too original:

KoxBox - Dragon Tales

Pleiadians - I.F.O.

Astral Projection - Dancing Galaxy or (couldn't pick) Hallucinogen - The Lone Deranger

...and if anyone asks ;) my sentimental top 3:

Electric Universe - Stardiver

Transwave - Helium

Total Eclipse - Violent Relaxation