Phutureprimitive?

Mindphilux

Sorry if this isn't the best place for this topic but I wasn't sure where I should post it. Basically this is my favorite ambient/dub release ever and I was wondering if you guys (who seem to have great taste in electronic music) could recommend me something similar that i'd probably enjoy? Whether its trance or ambient,,,

thanks in advance

I've never heard of Phutureprimitive but going on people's comments here I'll have to check them out.

546106[/snapback]

Traveller/Metatron thinks it's boring :rolleyes:

It's infact nice, dubby chill with great atmosphere. Dissolve has to be one of the most lush tracks I've heard. :)

thanks for all the recommendations! i'll check them out.

As for those who haven't heard Phutureprimitive yet... wow you're really missing out in my opinion.. Sub Conscious is such a great CD.

trance fans have something to look forward to because he now has a project called Shapeshifter thats basically a faster, more dance driven Phutureprimitive. You can find the samples of some tracks at phutureprimitive.com in the unreleased section... can't wait for the Shapeshifter album

trance fans have something to look forward to because he now has a project called Shapeshifter thats basically a faster, more dance driven Phutureprimitive. You can find the samples of some tracks at phutureprimitive.com in the unreleased section... can't wait for the Shapeshifter album

546616[/snapback]

There has to be over a dozen projects called Shapeshifter :huh:

And you actually have Shapeshifter - Reticulum Flux album cover as your avatar, which is a great record btw. B)

Yes... this will be the 2nd Shapeshifter act I am a fan of... although I know there are lots of artists who use that handle. I'm surprised you knew of the avatar i have.. i picked it because it looked cool, but the album is great too

I can certainly see why phutureprimitive attracts so many people. Catchy sounds and india influences.. but behind all that lies very generic chill. Sounds very dated IMO.

547224[/snapback]

says the shpongle lover :lol:

I can certainly see why phutureprimitive attracts so many people. Catchy sounds and india influences.. but behind all that lies very generic chill. Sounds very dated IMO.

547224[/snapback]

Oh yeah? How about some Latin American or tribal influences? .....or warm and deep analog sounding synths? ...or odd time signatures? .....vocals that are not used for singing but rather sound layering (there is no spoken word I recall I could understand, just voice)? or .....combining both acoustic and electronic elements?

I know tastes are different and you are fully entitled to dislike Sub Consciouss album, but I would not call this "very generic chill" or "dated". It easily beats 2nd and 3rd Shpongle albums in my book.. It's an absolute masterpiece. As I said before, it is way up there with "Are you shpongled" as two albums I admire the most in the genre although comparing Sub Consciouss and Are you Shpongled does no justice to either one of them since they are quite different despite the "weird dub" similarities. Are you shpongled is a psychedelic monster while Sub Consciouss aims to hypnotize the listener with it's deep groove and appeals on the emotional level rather than psychedelic.

Perhaps if Shpongle and Juno Reactor ever collaborated they could sound like this.

Phutureprimitive has definitelly impressed me the most of all American downtempo producers. Both Bluetech and Androcell have their moments when they shine, but Phutureprimitive is a class above these guys...both idea and execution wise...at least judging by this album.

If Sub Consiouss was released on Twisted instead of Waveform which is virtually unknown label in the Psy scene, especially in Europe, I bet there would be more people raving about it and call it a future classic.

Well, it definitely is a future classic that will not be forgotten and burried in my collection.

yes its a nice album...

its been a while since I listened to it though.. it might be that it grows old fast, but I think its more because im in one of those phases where I just listen to upbeat music, and probably after this summer I will go back to chill or smt :)

• 3 weeks later...