Turning people to trance

no-nonsense

Please stop wasting your time.

She will hardly feel it as a real desire anyway.

This cannot be promoted easily, its not a cup for everyone.

Ive pretty given up any if there were attempts to bring it to anyone.

It shall be explored only by the wise ones.

Poser fondness of this music is hardly wished.

546927[/snapback]

Well, my friend is hardly a poser or a trend-hopper. She has studied in a conservatory and plays cello in a doom/death metal band, so she is quite music-literate.

The story is that a month ago I was driving her and another friend to a train station while playing Cosmosis in the car stereo, and I could see they were really amazed by the music. They are not acquainted with electronic music and asked me about the band name and other stuff. I briefly explained what goa trance is and that was all.

Last weekend she was back in town and asked me to compile some trance for her. This surprised me but I was happy to comply, as I love to play music I like for people. I do this kind of things out of my own enthusiasm about the music.

Well, my friend is hardly a poser or a trend-hopper. She has studied in a conservatory and plays cello in a doom/death metal band, so she is quite music-literate.

The story is that a month ago I was driving her and another friend to a train station while playing Cosmosis in the car stereo, and I could see they were really amazed by the music. They are not acquainted with electronic music and asked me about the band name and other stuff. I briefly explained what goa trance is and that was all.

Last weekend she was back in town and asked me to compile some trance for her. This surprised me but I was happy to comply, as I love to play music I like for people. I do this kind of things out of my own enthusiasm about the music.

547101[/snapback]

you do great man...

so, any further interest from her, or she has yet to listen to th cd?

yes, so true !! if you listen too goa, you're much wiser than other people, we are the bright elite  :rolleyes:  :P  :rolleyes:

547104[/snapback]

No. If you listen to Goa, your probably unemployed and a drug addict, living off benefits.

No. If you listen to Goa, your probably unemployed and a drug addict, living off benefits.

547336[/snapback]

lol... :)

Anyway, not long ago a friend of me, that always hated that "madness" music started to love Khetzal - Corolle... I gave her one for her birthday, and she came to me last week to ask if I had more music like that... :)

So what is the outcome of Anoebis` and no-nonsense`s cases ? Did the respective person listen to a track 30 times in a row ? If not, then it has been a blank shot :mellow:

The problem with this thing getting people to trance is the following : the person that is persuaded is often finally going somewhere again aside from the Trance. Very often. It is not a food for everyone. One may say it is worth even to get a single person into. Well if you ask me, a single person not getting into Trance after the attempts is a real offence for me. But what getting, there is not even a single comment out of the attempts. Thats the gist. Period.

I gave to a fellow some songs to listen to but he then didnt remember of listening them. Well I cant be going further. I appreciate him as a friend and know that not all people are assertive in following their wishes and these of the others, but I cannot just go on. What is the point ? D better be listening to superior music than the others and keeping it value by hardly promoting it.

There is a saying "Only the shit needs advertising." .. And other one "Brain cannot be poured into by brute force." ..

There is a saying "Only the shit needs advertising."

548551[/snapback]

I heard the new IM album's release date was pushed back so that they could promote it properly = shit new album :P

some people need a little push in the right direction ... ;)

not everyone is an internet geek with access and connections to...

personally i made some people very happy bringing them in contact with psytrance

and they still listen to it and go to parties :)

ps : electric universe - stardiver is oldskool imo

Some of you are monumentally pessimistic!

I just throw people one of my my mixes any time a person shows an interest in trance. It comes up a lot in conversation with non-trancers, considering how much trance is a part of my life... luckily I've been very successful in getting people out to parties, and getting them into the scene. People like to go out and dance, and a lot of them figure the only options are top 40, rock shows, commercial clubs, etc - showing them around a psytrance party is doing them a favour as far as I'm concerned. Maybe you haters think this is elitist? Well I can think of few other forms of nightlife where women are respected, where people are as genuinely friendly, and where there is a focus on improving the environment with art and visuals to stimulate the senses. No, not everyone is going to like the music or be into the parties, but I think there are good reasons to introduce our counterculture to people from all walks of life. Maybe it's different where you are, but around here, I think trance is one of the most welcoming and accessible form of nightlife.