Top Ten

I feel like making another top ten, not like anyone cares, but still, here we go:

1. Elektrochemie - Don't Go - Get Physical

Probably one of the best tracks released this year, I love how it creeps up from below and and takes you away. Hypnotic, pumping and just plain cool. Even better than Pleasure Seeker, methinks. The combination of Elektrochemie and Get Physical is like a match made in heaven, everything he has released on that label is absolute Gold!

2. Minilogue - Leopard/Seconds - Traum

Minilogue at its best, I dont know which track I prefer, but if there is such a thing as a "velvet audion cushion", Leopard would be it. Like a synaestetic sound picture symphony, or something like that.

3. Robert Babicz - Cloud Painter - Out of Orbit

Robert Babicz aka Rob Acid has been releasing some phenomal stuff lately, especially the unique analogueish thick grooves add a distinct flavour to his tracks, this one goes a little bit trancier than the rest. Like everything on Out of Orbit, amazing!! the other tracks on the EP kick-ass as well, especially Little Moon.

4. Wighnomy Brothers - Moppal Kiff - Freude am Tanzen

Typical Wighnomy grooves, dry yet pumping, cool use of drums and drumrolls to create general weirdness, and a scorching siren sound to top it all off. The B-side Dukktus is awesome as well, if not better.

5. Lo Soul - Cut So Sweet - Playhouse

At first it bored me to death, but then after listening to it "while doing stuff", it really got to me. So inncent and simple, but somehow beautiful and touching. Afterhour music deluxe!

6. Freq - Avatar - Labyrinth Comp.

My fav. Freq track, its only in the Labyrinth compilation (mixed unfortunately). 100% Freq, enough said. Prog. Psy done to utmost perfection.

7. Oxia - Domino - Speicher

Even though this track is acomplete Rip-Off from "Chardronnet-Eve by Day", i like it better than the "original". I love the weird skipping beat, it sounds so wiggly and weird, its very hard to describe it. The euphoric key changes do the rest.

8. Sasse - Soul Sounds (Dirt Crew Mix)

This is old, I dont even know the label, but Fluffy has it on Vynil and I downloaded it. I guess most people recognize this track, it was a real big hit here in Germany, with the laser-like orchestra hits etc... Great track.

9. Dettmann & Klock - Dawning - Ostgut Tonträger

Another very subtle one that grew on me, imagine aliens landing in a quiet forest with elves dancing around the UFO. I actually heard it being played out at parties, and there it somehow develops amazing energy in the crowds. One of these tracks that if dropped at just right time, will blow everything apart.

10. Johannes Heil - Aquarius - Klang

Under water music, literally. Listen to it on headphones, and you'll feel like you are diving in a deep dark ocean. Not really music to dance to, but muscle relaxers and valium come to mind. As usual Mr. Heils sound production is top notch unbeatably amazing.

As a Bonus, GSH's favorite Album right now:

SCSI 9 - The Line of Nine - Kompakt

The perfect Home Listening Album, slow yet groovy, somewhat trancey in a way, works on the couch as well as on the floor methinks. I listen to it a lot when I read or go to sleep, always makes me happy.

If you want you can post your own top ten, or maybe not.

Over and Out.

For me at the moment, here's mine:

10. Talpa - First Ray Of Light

Wow... Probably one of the best downtempo tunes I've heard from a predominantly psytrance artist. Can't wait for his second album either. :)

9. Shulman - OMG

One of (if not, the) best tune from Random Thoughts. A little disappointed with the album as a whole, but this and Vitties make up for it.

8. Shpongle - Crystal Skulls (Western Rebel Alliance Remix)

Lovely uptempo chill tune here. Can't stop listening to it! :)

7. Violet Vision - Heaven Underground

One of my most played tunes. Starting to listen a little less now, but it's still worthy of the top ten.

6. Celtic Cross - Louden

Just a beautiful, emotive guitar solo - I love this track, and at 3 minutes I wish it could be longer...

5. Younger Brother - Crumblenaut

I really dig this tune. Strong, powerful, deep... lovely.

4. Hallucinogen - Gamma Goblins (Ott's It's Turtles All The Way Down Mix)

Love the drum work here. Can't wait for another Ott album. :D

3. Entheogenic - Pagan Dream Machine

I love this tune. So rich, enveloping... Beautiful piece!

2. Phutureprimitive - Dissolve

Again, I wish this could be longer. Pity it only clocks in at 3 minutes. Ah well...

1. Shulman - Instability

What a way to finish off the second album. I love the album as a whole but this tune is just... wow... :D

feels like spamming to respond with my own current top ten tracks...

but here goes...

dominator - hypertrash technology :love the groove... uplifting darkpsy...

kashyyyk - technosexual (unreleased) :perfect name for the track!

osom - compos mentis :pleasantly chaotic

dejan - no sound : beautiful progressionbs

pizz dozz - jumper inside :psychedelic bouncy!

slug - break out :catchy, and I will end up hating it.... but liking it now...

shift - cipher jabbawokkee :mind melting

cybernetika - dust talk :goa meets darkpsy artist... this track is fun to listen to...

megalopsy - juggling sphere :makes my brain feel like there are thousands of superballs bouncing around in it...

quasar - give peace a trance:tossed it on the other day, and keep playing this super fun song over and over!!! can't wait for the new CD to come out!

I feel like making another top ten, not like anyone cares, but still, here we go:

1. Elektrochemie - Don't Go - Get Physical

Probably one of the best tracks released this year, I love how it creeps up from below and and takes you away. Hypnotic, pumping and just plain cool. Even better than Pleasure Seeker, methinks. The combination of Elektrochemie and Get Physical is like a match made in heaven, everything he has released on that label is absolute Gold!

2. Minilogue - Leopard/Seconds - Traum

Minilogue at its best, I dont know which track I prefer, but if there is such a thing as a  "velvet audion cushion", Leopard would be it. Like a synaestetic sound picture symphony, or something like that.

3. Robert Babicz - Cloud Painter - Out of Orbit

Robert Babicz aka Rob Acid has been releasing some phenomal stuff lately, especially the unique analogueish thick grooves add a distinct flavour to his tracks, this one goes a little bit trancier than the rest. Like everything on Out of Orbit, amazing!! the other tracks on the EP kick-ass as well, especially Little Moon.

Typical Wighnomy grooves, dry yet pumping, cool use of drums and drumrolls to create general weirdness, and a scorching siren sound to top it all off. The B-side Dukktus is awesome as well, if not better.

5. Lo Soul - Cut So Sweet - Playhouse

At first it bored me to death, but then after listening to it "while doing stuff", it really got to me. So inncent and simple, but somehow beautiful and touching. Afterhour music deluxe!

6. Freq - Avatar - Labyrinth Comp.

My fav. Freq track, its only in the Labyrinth compilation (mixed unfortunately). 100% Freq, enough said. Prog. Psy done to utmost perfection.

7. Oxia - Domino - Speicher

Even though this track is acomplete Rip-Off from "Chardronnet-Eve by Day", i like it better than the "original". I love the weird skipping beat, it sounds so wiggly and weird, its very hard to describe it. The euphoric key changes do the rest.

This is old, I dont even know the label, but Fluffy has it on Vynil and I downloaded it. I guess most people recognize this track, it was a real big hit here in Germany, with the laser-like orchestra hits etc... Great track.

9. Dettmann & Klock - Dawning - Ostgut Tonträger

Another very subtle one that grew on me, imagine aliens landing in a quiet forest with elves dancing around the UFO. I actually heard it being played out at parties, and there it somehow develops amazing energy in the crowds. One of these tracks that if dropped at just right time, will blow everything apart.

10. Johannes Heil - Aquarius - Klang

Under water music, literally. Listen to it on headphones, and you'll feel like you are diving in a deep dark ocean. Not really music to dance to, but muscle relaxers and valium come to mind. As usual Mr. Heils sound production is top notch unbeatably amazing.

As a Bonus, GSH's favorite Album right now:

SCSI 9 - The Line of Nine - Kompakt

The perfect Home Listening Album, slow yet groovy, somewhat trancey in a way, works on the couch as well as on the floor methinks. I listen to it a lot when I read or go to sleep, always makes me happy.

If you want you can post your own top ten, or maybe not.

Over and Out.

543478[/snapback]

I should check all of those out :)

Hey Alex, what are you doing this weekend? :P

(I promise no bitchy doormen in Leipzig ;) )

Man, what is it about this track? I absolutely love it, but I have no fucking idea why. It's sultry & kind of eery, and there's really not that much more to it. But something about it....

BTW, it's released a little more than a year ago on Moodmusic. See here:

http://www.discogs.com/release/420498

I love Top Tens :)

Here are my top 10 tracks at the moment

1. The Infinity Project - The Answer Magical, ultra trippy voyage.

2. OTT - Billy The Kid Strikes Back Very Melodius, powerful electro dub

3. Tripswitch - Shamanic Tea Hypnotic Ethnic influenced chill

4. Tripswitch - Deer Park One of the best produced tracks I've ever heard the build up and climax are amazing

5. Purple Om - Armageddon Dub Very melodius relaxed dub

6. Western Rebel Alliance - Slewake Cool celtic influenced, very relaxing tune.

7. Puff Dragon - Qi Gong Hypnotic ethnic Chill

8. Mo-Shic - The Kid, The Piano, The War Amazing track with piano and long drawn out vocals

9. Infected Mushroom - Dancing with Kadafi Beautiful in a really wierd way

10. Enigma - The Child In Us Cool, dark mysterious track

My favourites change all the time though. At the moment I'm listening mostly to chilled stuff.