Front 242 - Headhunter 2000

RTP

Thanks for this recommendation!!!

Just listened to this album, and holy shit, its just too good to be true...

There's your energetic industrial RTP :D

545252[/snapback]

It is good, but somehow a little bit less melodic than their previous works...still, it is FLA and I am glad they still haven't lost their touch... :D

545255[/snapback]

"Buried Alive" fucking rocks! Unbelievable! Great chorus... have listened to it a hundred times now hehe, still not tired of it!

545450[/snapback]

Tsk, tsk ... people, this piece isn't even released yet!

It will come on June 20th.

And I doubt you all got the official promo :P

You should at least be a bit more subtle about it ... it's just too obvious ;)

Here we go:

Albums recomended:

Futurepop (VNV Nation and Apoptygma Berzerk coined this new genre):

2000-1: VNV Nation - Standing/Burning Empires (Tracks: Saviour (Vox), Legion (Anachron), Standing (Motion))

2000-2: Apoptygma Berzerk - Welcome to Earth (Tracks: Starsign, Eclipse, Kathy's Song, Paranoia)

Industrial:

2001: Front Line Assembly - Epitaph (Tracks: Dead Planet, Backlash, Epitaph, Everything Must Perish, Insolence, whole album is great)

Harsh EBM/Futurepop:

2002-1: Hocico - Signos De Aberracion (Tracks: Instincts of Perversion, Untold Blasphemies, Forgotten Tears, Twisted Lines)

Futurepop:

2002-2: Assemblage 23 - Failure (Tracks: Naked, I am the Rain, House on Fire, Awake)

Synthpop/Futurepop:

2002-3: Colony 5 - Lifeline (Tracks: Be My Slave, Before I'll Give in, Colony 5, Crackhead, Friends, Stay Young, Trust You)

Harsh EBM/Futurepop:

2002-4: E-Craft - DOS Unit (Tracks: Fahrenheit, Embryonic, Puppet Nation, Kill the Fakes)

Futurepop:

2003: Pride & Fall - Nephesh (Tracks: Inside, Paragon, Omniscient, December) - If you like this one also check out their new album Elements of Silence.

Melodic EBM (quite unique for it's genre Melodic EBM)

2004: 8kHz Mono - Monochromator (Tracks: Heavy Water, 305699V2, Blue, IRQ15, Suspect, Frequency, whole album is great)

Modern Futurepop (an evolution of the Futurepop genre with more proggressive trance influences, fantastic album):

2005-1: Mind.In.A.Box (Austrian band) - Dreamweb (Tracks: Certainty, Lament of Lost Dreams, Machine Run, Sun and Storm, Out of Time, The Dream, Between Worlds, Escape, whole album is great) - I made a review here: http://www.movinghands.net/reviews/detail.asp?id=925

Same genre as above but not that great, still good:

2005-2: Headscan - Pattern Recognition (Tracks: Synchrony, Sentinel, Permafrost, Lolife, Arrache-Moi, Antenna Manifold, Carnal Knowledge

Industrial:

2006: Front Line Assembly - Artificial Soldier (Tracks: Unleashed, Buried Alive, Dopamine, Social Enemy, Future Fail)

Also check out theese tracks with Icon of Coil - "Regret" and "Former self" from their album Serenity is the Devil also their latest album Machines are us is great.

Other fun stuff (single tracks): 047 - Pingpong (C64 influenced band), Das Ich - Destillat (VNV Nation Remix) - Popular remix, Melotron - Folge mir ins Licht (Verdienter Mix des Volkes), Deine Lakaien - Where You Are (VNV Nation Remix), Z Prochek - Sacrifice Myself, Echo Image - Compuphonic (Erasure influenced Futurepop album).

Most of them have webpages or even Myspace accounts with free tracks to download :)

544544[/snapback]

Okay, I checked a few of that stuff now.

But mmmh ... you know, this Future Pop stuff sounds almost like Darkwave in my ears. It reminds me so much of that music they play in "goth clubs". It's Darkwave ... with a bit less depressive and "pseudo-dark" themes maybe, but still.

And point is, I don't quite like this music so much. I don't hate it, you know, it's ok, but "just" ok, you know ... so I better check out more into the industrial music direction, that gives me more kicks!

Still, thank you, for now I know what music I am about to expect when it says Future Pop somewhere :)

Okay, I checked a few of that stuff now.

But mmmh ... you know, this Future Pop stuff sounds almost like Darkwave in my ears. It reminds me so much of that music they play in "goth clubs". It's Darkwave ... with a bit less depressive and "pseudo-dark" themes maybe, but still.

And point is, I don't quite like this music so much. I don't hate it, you know, it's ok, but "just" ok, you know ... so I better check out more into the industrial music direction, that gives me more kicks!

Still, thank you, for now I know what music I am about to expect when it says Future Pop somewhere :)

547472[/snapback]

In some cases the difference between the genres I mentioned and Darkwave is really slim to none. Also depending on where you live this music can be experienced at goth clubs. Futurepop is almost always more progressive trance influenced though. There are even some tranceinfluences in FLAs latest album (Artificial Soldier) and they are (where) labeled as industrial... So one should not care that much of what genre it is but just try the music/artists instead.

Most people I know though, who (like you) also likes the Front 242 - Headhunter 2000 (Front Line Assembly Mix) also likes most of the albums/tracks I recommended :) Maybe you need to give it more time.

Also try FLAs older stuff like the Caustic Grip album (as someone already mentioned). It's more primitive in it's sound then their later stuff maybe a bit more like that Headhunter 2000 mix.

In some cases the difference between the genres I mentioned and Darkwave is really slim to none. Also depending on where you live this music can be experienced at goth clubs. Futurepop is almost always more progressive trance influenced though. There are even some tranceinfluences in FLAs latest album (Artificial Soldier) and they are (where) labeled as industrial... So one should not care that much of what genre it is but just try the music/artists instead.

547552[/snapback]

Oh yes, the borders are not very clear especially in this EBM/Industrial/Futurepop/Darkwave/Trance corner ... it's a bit wishy washy and there can be found elements of various styles of those genres in various songs. But that's not really a bad thing :)

Anyway, when it comes to this I just like it more the harsher, non-trancy-synthy way.