Made by: DJ pr0fane (Dance N Dust Records) - Denmark

Style: Progressive house/progressive trance

Date: 5th of June, 2006

Total playing time: 111:45 minutes

Format: MP3 (VBR)

Size: 157 MB

URL: http://www.doei.org/misc/pr0fane_-_comfort_module.mp3

About "Comfort Module":

I'm normally a psytrance DJ, but The progressive house/trance scene has been fascinating me for a while now, and "Comfort Module" is a set I've been meaning to do for quite some time - a set where I am concentrating fully on progressive house/trance sounds without psytrance influences.

The result is meant to be an emotional, atmospheric journey made with the summer season and the sofa listener in mind, starting out slow with laidback house-grooves and chillout-inspired soundscapes, before moving through deep, tribal beats and last but not least finishing with some intense and euphoric, trancey tunes.

Hardcore psytrance purists might find it cheesy, but if you're into smooth progressive grooves, I urge you to give it a listen ;)

Tracklist:

01. DJ Remy & Roland Klinkenberg - Ignite (IntroDubtion Mix) // 68 Recordings

02. ADF - Rage // Basic Energy

03. Snake Sedrick - Balanced // Tilth Music

04. Snake Sedrick & Emze Hack - The Beginning // Tilth Music

05. Kosmas Epsilon - Innocent Thoughts (Stel Remix) // Heavy Rotation

06. Johan Vermeulen - Chemical Romance // KYR Records

07. Jay Lumen - Perpetual Drifting // Pangea Recordings UK

08. Seven Senses - Southern Cross (Eelke Kleijn Remix) // Remark Records

09. Storyteller - Polar White (Emersia Remix) // Toes In The Sand Digital

10. TM Project & Mannel - Naturalize (Tone Depth Remix) // Stereo Cool

11. Kenneth Thomas - Orange Room (Nick Warren Remix) // Hope Recordings

12. Fragile - Shugyo (Perry O'Neil Remix) // Electronic Elements

13. Group Therapy - Thumbsucker // Audio Therapy

14. Simon & Shaker - Zero // Electronic Elements

15. 2 Faced - Rock Music (Damien J Carter & Jerome Isma-Ae Remix) // Little Mountain

16. Boom Jinx - Come Play Perfect // AnjunaDeep

About me:

I've been an avid fan of electronic music for as long as I remember - it started at a very young age with acts like Jean Michel Jarre and Kraftwerk, followed up by the early releases from acts like The Prodigy and The Chemical Brothers. 1997 was truly a life changing year for me though, since I had my first encounter with psychedelic trance that year - since then, I’ve been a very loyal follower of psychedelic trance.

I am very dedicated to the craft of DJ’ing, and after some years as a relatively serious bedroom DJ, my career has taken of in the last couple of years, resulting in bookings all over Denmark at various indoor and outdoor locations, for instance "SEMF 2004" and "Middle Earth 2005", some of the biggest festivals in later years. Starting this year, my DJ'ing has also taken me abroad - my first and biggest gig abroad so far has been Soulclipse Festival 2006 in Turkey, where I played 2 sets - one at the progressive/alternative stage, and one in the chillout, and this Summer I'll also be playing at the 2 German annular festivals in-deep-an-dance and Naked.

I have a quite broad taste, which enables me to play very varied sets, depending on the type of party, crowd and time of day - from storming full on psychedelic party music over progressive trance and progressive house, electro and delicious ambient and chillout-sessions. My main focus is on the positive side of music though - mostly with uplifting sound-textures and melodic structures, and with a strong sense of solid and dance friendly grooves, suitable for the magic morning hours or the daytime. Always with focus on selecting the most interesting and enjoyable tunes, maintaining an interesting flow and a high technical level.

Thanks for sharing this mate! :D will be checking out the set for sure :)

btw, the link for downloading this set is (no registration needed, just rightclick and save as !):

Edit: Removed the direct link, Sir pr0fane got himself a fresh link :)

First impression: Sweeet stuff, really laid back which is going to help me doing some studying, thanks !

Hi FrozenRealm, I just found real hosting for my set, so it can be downloaded from this url without interfering with Mixuploads policy: http://www.doei.org/misc/pr0fane_-_comfort_module.mp3

It can still be streamed from Mixupload.com though: http://www.mixupload.com/index.php?act=mli...ysong&s_id=8790

• 2 weeks later...

I will give it more listens, by far not satisfied though. Definitely the whole is not nice - it can never be, just if there are single good tracks is not yet sure..

551000[/snapback]

I'm afraid I don't fully understand your comment (apart from the fact that you're not satisfied with the set). What is it you don't like about the set - flow, technique, trackselection, something else?

Feedback is greatly appreciated :)

Well, I could say my opinion for the track selection - it is rather unsatisfactory - to me. About the flow - here should be good as far as I could assess this. And technically, transitions and special techniques, I can`t judge this.

And about that the whole is not nice .. well I think this cannot be explained further .. lets say it in this way, imo if there are some/several pretty remarkable tracks in one set, then it is fine, but strictly said, still not completely good. All of them cannot be remarkable. Thus is as well your set not overall good. But it seems that I do not find even 1,2 cool tracks(, still).

Ok, thanks for clearing that up. Of course you can't argue with taste, and if you don't like it that's fine - at least I appreciate your honesty, and the fact that you managed to listen through the set even though you didn't really like it :)

Maybe next time ;)

Yes, I`m honest, but no offence is intended. Just keep in mind quality > quantity :)

551246[/snapback]

I ALWAYS put quality over quantity. "Quality" is of course very subjective though, so what you consider low quality, I may consider of very high quality - and I absolutely love all the tracks that I played in this set. Why would I want to play tracks that I don't consider of high quality? :)