Long Shot for Big Music

Otto Matta

I went digging through the archieves to find this....specifically a track called Chab- Tunneling that was released on a label called Plastic Fantastic....but the Anthony Pappa mix cd that this is on is one of my old favorites....deep dark progressive trance...

Posted Image

and the tracklisting here -> http://www.discogs.com/release/70420

Its giant, stomping, storming, and raging at 132bpm...

that and Oliver Lieb...

Sasha - Airdrawndagger

543207[/snapback]

this another excellent album...tho, i still can't bring myself to listen to it again, as it reminds me of this really bad case of food poisoning i had the first time i heard it.... :ph34r:

dude, maybe you should check out michael mayer's two "Speicher"  mix cd's?

anything from the Kompakt Extra "speicher" series of 12"es should suit your taste.

543246[/snapback]

Very nice stuff. I couldn't find too many useful samples, but that's getting closer. I especially liked the Superpitcher sound. Might have to look into that one. :)

Need some more big, serious, artful rage though. Anyone heard One Way Ltd by Spirallianz? The Tone Deaf Junkies tracks on Timecode's Broken album? Now bigger! Harder! Deeper!

Nordcore? Too horror.

Sasha? It's pretty. I like what I heard.

Lieb? Too wannabe scary. And I'm not sure where I can hear that Chab track.

Seriously, you guys don't have to respond if you don't want to. I'm probably not even describing what I want very clearly. And I'm probably just probing for something that doesn't exist anyway. But I appreciate your replies. :)

I guess my last recommendation still stands.

543295[/snapback]

Speedy J? I just listened to some samples and that's pretty heavy stuff indeed. I think it was all intros, so I'm not sure if the music is half ambient or not. Good recommendation. :)

Does Wasserman have a full album out somewhere?

I LOVED their track "W.I.R." (especially Sven Vath's version)

no album, but Wasserman is one of the projects of Wolfgang Voigt, aka Mike Ink, Studio 1, Gas, Grungerman, Profan records etc etc etc

so check that stuff out

Speedy J? I just listened to some samples and that's pretty heavy stuff indeed. I think it was all intros, so I'm not sure if the music is half ambient or not. Good recommendation. :)

543312[/snapback]

it's like a little ambience combined with massive industrial broken beats... I have no idea how he makes it sound THAT loud but still listenable (check tracks like Borax, Drill, Actor Nine)

Okay, I often get frustrated by the psy scene because it doesn't get powerful or deep enough. I like the tech thing because it gives me the power I enjoy, but it can also be fairly dry. So I'm probing - it's a long shot - for recommendations for stuff (not psy) that has as many of the following elements as possible:

- electronic

- powerful

- serious!!!

- deep

- dark

- large!!!

- subtle

- interesting

- not highly repetetive

- not trying to be scary/horror, because that's silly

- synthetic

- emotive

- artful

- not too fast, not too slow

- has some variety, twists and turns

Gimme some giant, stomping, storming, raging electronic music that makes me feel.

Thanks.  ;)

542672[/snapback]

Seems hard to fulfill all these requirements.. but so much more challengeing.. try Ballet Mecanique: "An attempt of interruption" (not that electronic.. but eclectic on another level!)

Well, within the genre i'd suggest:

Cosmosis "Howling at the moon"

Abstrakta araberr "Sitt i soffan"

Koxbox "Fuel on" (you probably know this one.. and if not , get the hell out and get it!)

... more to come eventually... :)