1. The Nam Shub of Enki - Cat's Black, Night's Silver Hallide

2. Antediluvian Rocking Horse - Critical Twig pt.9

3. James Reipas & Polyphonic Stellar Juice - Rebekka

4. Scozbor - Bearded Bravery

5. Psilodump - Sell Your Brains

6. Trio Tetris - Malluainen

7. James Reipas & Polyphonic Stellar Juice - Zakopane

8. Scozbor - Denial Sausage

Here we have a new label hailing from The Ukraine with a fresh looking compilation, which features artists, who, no matter what your musical preferences are, cannot be accused of repeating the same formula endlessly. The styles are diverse, everything from downtempo material to furious drum and bass -esque songs.

1. The Nam Shub of Enki - Cat's Black, Night's Silver Hallide

Ambientish, more caustic than his previous outings, driven by slow pitch shifted breakbeats, almost Autechre -like at times. On further listening almost like the Enki of old, especially when compared to the more "straight up" MONSTER ZOKU ONSOMB songs.

2. Antediluvian Rocking Horse - Critical Twig pt.9

More Oz goodness, these veterans give us a chilled downtempo number, in the spirit of "Fast forward into the furniture". A plucked bass, silver flute and guitar loop over indie hip-hop drumwork. Like Dj Shadow decides to kick it, electro style on a sunny day. This is the kind of stuff that I`d enjoy hearing in "chill-out" areas at parties, instead of the fake ethnic crap or electronic dub.

3. James Reipas & Polyphonic Stellar Juice - Rebekka

Suomisaundi bassline and twirling synths over samba-flavored, righteous miami vice percussion and jazzy keyboards, makes me wanna dance. This one gives off a indescribable "Something wonderful is just around the corner" -feeling. As Reipas songs go, this one represents a fusion between styles portrayed on their two albums.

4. Scozbor - Bearded Bravery

Midtempo breakbeats, Chemical Brothers meets Photek in his "Modus Operandi" prime. Flangered wraiths wail deep in the background. Clever complementary /commentary melodies play off each other in an almost jamming way. Rock and roll.

5. Psilodump - Sell Your Brains

Starts off with a sped up ragga sample. Stomping, this is almost jungle. Electro-tinged melodies and lazer keyboard stabs keep things interesting, one for the dancefloor, the cunning bassline pastes an evil grin on my face and it won`t come off, music for sharpening knives in the dark.

6. Trio Tetris - Malluainen

I love my India! :D Wailing melodies give way to fierce rhythms, this is progressive rock in a late 60`s - early 70`s style, in the spirit of Jukka Tolonen, Sukellusvene, etc.. only here manifesting in elecktrick form. My personal fave from this compilation. I haven`t heard much Trio Tetris before, but I definitely hunt down more.

7. James Reipas & Polyphonic Stellar Juice - Zakopane

Melancholy lead, reminds me of "Popcorn" , strong c64 and synthpop influences, very good. A morning one, this. Dew on the grass, you know the score.

8. Scozbor - Denial Sausage

Starts off like an evil hip-hop track, a xylophone takes the lead backed up by glitchy drums. Kinda like early Aphex Twin. halfway through we are treated to easier vibes, an Alberto balsam moment, pastiche even?

Very good, guaranteeded to keep your brain entertained

8+/10

• 3 weeks later...

so where the hell can i buy this!?!

562123[/snapback]

I really don`t know, I bought it off one of the James Reipas guys, and he only had a few to sell himself.

You could try asking him, you have an accout on elixiria.com? atleast I`ve seen some reece post there :) so pm Öljysika about this record he might know more.