Entheogenic - Golden Cap (CD)

Shaft

Found it really boring really... I mean whats up with the computer voices... ubiquitious flute.... and that song that sounds like a turkish pop song...

About as bad as that Disolving clouds comp... and hardly psychedelic....

I put Solar fields in my cd player and thought-YES this is more like it.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

I think I agree with u on this one!!! I accually already had a few listens on Disolving Clouds, and it seemed quite good! :)

550606[/snapback]

I think that makes three of us, Dissolving Clouds was one of my favourite albums of the last year. Must say I haven't heard anything of this album yet...

Wtf...the song Kashmir Day Trip on this Entheogenic album seems to rip off parts of a song called Whisper by Fatali on the "Life is Dimentions" comp.

Whether that was intentional or not, the album seems very similar in the sense there are some good, more catchy ones and the usual slower, less energetic (and boring) songs. Overall, it's time for them to reinvent themselves or take some risks in my honest opinion.

Track 3, Golden Cap is pretty good. I like the kick...the beat and melodies. I like the songs with more of a beat, more energy like track 3 for starters.

Track 6 is good, one of the best ones on the album, easily.

There are a few innovative exceptions here (The Solution Machine) but other times it seems as if they're repeating and rehashing their own formula. It may work for some fans and newscomers but...

Golden Cap is not a great album IMO...but it's definitely one of the better downtempo/chill albums of 2006...a very weak year so far.

I must say, I was first really sceptic about this release when I heard the samples... but I have loved all his albums before this so I thought I could buy it and try.

And I don't regret it... maybe not the best out there but I still really like it. Really really like it ^_^

3.5/5 very good!!

We (unikos, prio, majoony and myself) listened to the new Ganja Beats album and I thought that was much better. Its very nice with loads of reggae influences. great smoking music :)

558636[/snapback]

you re talking about Paradise & Tranquility??

Wtf...the song Kashmir Day Trip on this Entheogenic album seems to rip off parts of a song called Whisper by Fatali on the "Life is Dimentions" comp.

555432[/snapback]

Well it's in the same key, if that's what you mean. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Thats what I call a great review

--------------------------

How make an easy psy-trance or chill review?

Choose a cd & prefer an album, for example the new Enthéogenic 'Golden Cap'.

Insert the cd in your player, sit down & listen, you can do something else while listening if you want.

Now let's check if the release fits with the 3 next points:

-It's possible to experience a non-stop complete listen of the cd without any stop or skipping passage.

-When the cd is finished, your time perception is alterated : your major desire is to launch again the cd as you think it's just imposible you've just spent around 70 minutes so quickly.

-More you listen to the tunes & more you find out elements that were hidden to your initial awareness's state.

Verdict, Enthéogenic - Golden Cap matches with the 3 previous statements.

What else could be added about this album?

Some general remarks & one anecdote.

Let's begin with the anecdote, unfortunately only french or people who can receive french tv channnels & could verify this. Midnight Eyes could appear to your ears as familiar sounding, why? Because the core of the track comes from a jingle from a midday game 'La Cible' on France2, which i suspect to be produced by our dear loved Helmut & Piers. Actually it's the same short melodic layer developped, agremented , embellished by a whole structure that leads it to become a full tune.

For the musical content, a main idea focuses my attention about Golden Cap.

Entheogenic has decided to operate a risky musical turning in their chill-out productions, they wander off the Psychill like the early Shpongle for driving us toward more electic & original soundscapes but still melodic & making you feel out of your home.

Let's mention that Golden Cap has the most indian sounding. Zero Plus propulses you through a weightlessness's control perdition way in a cosmic configuration. Kashmir Day Trip coulb be, contrarily to what suggests the title, a fresh floating trip through the oriental night ponctuated with muffled percussions. The Solution Machine covers more the hypnotic ambient area. Absphinx takes his bass from the Jazz & borrows his rythmic to the Broken Beat the whole thing dredged with an indian flute melody. Secret Tongues is crossing Drum n' Bass & Funkadelik. Ju closes the album on a climatic downtempo vibe while Sideways is more Dubby & Midnight Eyes appears to be the closest to the former Enthéogenic's sound.

If Enthéogenic productions have today very few in common with their first compositions nevertheless i don't hesitate a single moment for claiming that this album is as essential as the previous ones & even surely more.

Recommended

:P