Full on

svolk

I know that the majority of people here spit when they say/hear "Full-On". I am not a big pro in the trance scene. However I'm getting tired listening to all this downtempo/ambient/chillout, it's just too soft for my ears. On other hand annoying, thoughtless, repetitive fast tracks drive me crazy too. Oh and finally all this over-commercialized stuff like Dali makes me sick :)

I want some danceable though intelligent music, which probably will fall under "Full-On" category. Am I the only one getting this feeling?

It all depends on your own taste and view. Imho there is a lot (or at least some, as I've said it depends on you) full-on or melodic psy around to dance to. Have you checked out Planum's or Nystagmus's albums out for example (both from Sundance Reocrds), also Benza - Retrofuturism. I personally also like Space Cat - Mechanical dream, but maybe it's too israely for you. Also Burn In Noise - Broken MP3 is nice. If you dig deep enough you'll find some nice stuff, if you are a bit open to it of course.

Sorry Tatsu but i disagree, there was nothing intelligent about Space Cat's last album. He lost his magic right after the debut album IMHO.

Intelligent full-on you ask? You can try Scorb, NRS, RAM, Deviant Species, Commercial Hippies, Artifakt (don't like the recent output at all), Rinkadink (not that intelligent but very groovy) and of course Voice of Cod and O.O.O.D

EVP and the Wild Things Records make decent full-on as well. Wouldn't call it intelligent though...

And Electrypnose is ok i guess.

Not everyone here spits when they hear the word full-on. :)

Some good recommendations above already. We are Free by Voice of Cod is great. Existence by Tron is also enjoyable.

I've listened to Planum and Nystagmus. Nystagmus (starting from the third track or so) is closest to what I like. Planum is a bit "not-concrete" but ok too.

Yet they do not "drop the bomb" for me if you know what I mean.

To FP:

I don't know if intelligent is the right word when it comes to Space Cat. Or music in general, I mean people who label their own taste with intelligent psy or whatever are a bit suspicious to me right away... ;)

Anyway, to me this Space Cat album really stands out regarding most other full-on releases. Avi doesn't use the same bassline again and again, there are some 303 effects in it and I love the melodies. I also love the first and the second album, the third one is not really my cup of tea, then I aboslutely love Mechanical Dream. But it's taste in the end, I don't expect others to appreciate the same stuff, so if you don't like it it's your loss... ;) Never the less it wouldn't hurt if the threadstarter checks it out, if he doesn't like it, just dump it.

FP did recommend some very nice stuff, especially Scorb and Aritfakt.

Try Pitch Hikers - Twilight Zone and Shift - Byte Me as well. Oh, and latest Hujaboy album is quite nice too.

540165[/snapback]

Hujaboy is probably the last Israeli full on producer that invokes some interest in me. Not much of a home listening anyway, pure dancefloor material.

I found the Pitch Hikers album very dull to tell the truth.

I've listened to Planum and Nystagmus. Nystagmus (starting from the third track or so) is closest to what I like. Planum is a bit "not-concrete" but ok too.

Yet they do not "drop the bomb" for me if you know what I mean.

540169[/snapback]

Planum is a bit special, I agree to that. The tracks are very varied and it took me some time to get into it. Right now I love it but it is for sure not what you normaly expect with psy.

Have you checked out Talpa, he also has a nice album out.

To PF:

I don't know if intelligent is the right word when it comes to Space Cat. Or music in general, I mean people who label their own taste with intelligent psy or whatever are a bit suspicious to me right away... ;)

Anyway, to me this Space Cat album really stands out regarding most other full-on releases. Avi doesn't use the same bassline again and again, there are some 303 effects in it and I love the melodies. I also love the first and the second album, the third one is not really my cup of tea, then I aboslutely love Mechanical Dream. But it's taste in the end, I don't expect others to appreciate the same stuff, so if you don't like it it's your loss... ;) Never the less it wouldn't hurt if the threadstarter checks it out, if he doesn't like it, just dump it.

540170[/snapback]

Sure sure *hides behind a rock*

Sure sure *hides behind a rock*

540173[/snapback]

Ok I give up, you're right, I'm wrong. Your taste is good, mine is bad. ;):rolleyes::D

Rinkadink's Rabbit from darkside I really like. And I would call that intelligent, because I think it's so damn well put together. But, yeah, perhaps not groundbreaking new. He just does it right.

Other good classic full-on's not on the cheesy side could be

Quadra - Serotonia,

Phi - Phinalizer,

Altöm - Groove Control

But what is intelligent full-on? Pleiadians? Then go for Filteria.

I guess you know Astrix and Alien Project. Some of it I like. Eye to eye and Aztechno Dream. The definition of full on.

Artifakts is perhaps a must. I guess that would fall into the category intelligent, ie somewhat experimental.

Full-On is not a bad music. I like it too.

But in the last time I hear some other styles, because I had listened too much Full-On and the new stuff sounds recycled for me.

orion-artificial frequencies

Mr.Peculiar-Mind dala

Jocid-sonic addiction

Earthling-patterns

Kluster-extended oversized system

Electric universe-cosmic experience

Space tribe-hartbeat

Talamasca-beyond the mask

Audialize-wanted

maybe one of these,all good full on albums imo.....

Hujaboy is probably the last Israeli full on producer that invokes some interest in me. Not much of a home listening anyway, pure dancefloor material.

I found the Pitch Hikers album very dull to tell the truth.

540171[/snapback]

Haven't heard Hujaboy's album on the dancefloor so I wouldn't know. It has some similiarites with E-Jekt's album which I dig. Don't you play what you call "dancefloor" stuff at home?

Well maybe the word intelligent is an overshoot here :)

The term is used to describe not boring, not too repetitive music.

Voice of Cod is tasty, Artifact is digestible too. Both partially.

That's the spirit!  :lol:

540185[/snapback]

*smiles nicely at FP and secretly takes out the shotgun*

:lol::lol: j/k

Well maybe the word intelligent is an overshoot here :)

The term is used to describe not boring, not too repetitive music.

Voice of Cod is tasty, Artifact is digestible too. Both partially.

540192[/snapback]

Don't forget Broken Toy's album :)

Haven't heard Hujaboy's album on the dancefloor so I wouldn't know. It has some similiarites with E-Jekt's album which I dig. Don't you play what you call "dancefloor" stuff at home?

540189[/snapback]

Not much. Hujaboy for instance can bore me to death at home, but it should go well on the dancefloor.