V/A - Broken

Otto Matta

V/A - Broken (Timecode)

I find this album to have some of the most refreshing, huge and tasty tracks I think I've ever heard. Lots of heavy-duty breaks, yet still very psychedelic and accessible.

Any leads on similar stuff? Did Timecode release anything similar after this? I know about the Artifakt stuff, but it doesn't seem as heavy-hitting (although I haven't heard it for real yet, with the exception of a couple tracks on random comps).

Thanks. :)

Oh this is one of those recommendation threads with answers like 'oh not that one but thanks'  :angry:  :lol:  :P .. no seriously check that one

539727[/snapback]

Well since you put it that way. Okay. :)

But my original question still stands, which is: Is there anything like Broken out there? Like, er, (don't hate me for this one) psychedelic big-beat?

Awesome comp indeed.. maybe va - pyrexia (exogenic breaks) is little same style but not as 'heavy'

539712[/snapback]

Yep, try that one. I don't know of any more similar releases.

Timecode hasn't released anything like Broken since then. They should do a Broken 2 imo :) One of the best comps I own for sure.

Well since you put it that way. Okay.  :)

But my original question still stands, which is: Is there anything like Broken out there? Like, er, (don't hate me for this one) psychedelic big-beat?

539729[/snapback]

If you are talking about merging psy and breaks try Iconoblast comp released on Symbiosis records. 3D compilation on TIP has some good psy breaks with a 4x4 beat backbone and very creative too. Also try Metal Spark - Corrosive album on Blue Room. Here are some samples click me.

If you are talking about merging psy and breaks try Iconoblast comp released on Symbiosis records. 3D compilation on TIP has some good psy breaks with a 4x4 beat backbone and very creative too. Also try Metal Spark - Corrosive album on Blue Room. Here are some samples click me.

540388[/snapback]

but they don"t sound like broken, broken heavier ... that's what he is looking for,...

all I can recommand you in this style is Zoneotura ( Z- neo from naked tourist)....

check the hidden track on the naked tourist album,....

he has got a few other tracks but the are not easy to find :

http://www.riskindust.de/mainnavi3.html

• 2 weeks later...