best Atmos tracks?

Drew05

Hello all,

after loving Headcleaner for some years, I recently got Second Brigade and was sucked right back into the Atmos-universe. I really enjoy the vibe of Atmos' tracks, and especially the slick percussion and 'growing/building' nature of his trance. I was wondering if you guys could recommend some of his better tracks/remixes which are not on his 2 albums.

Also, I haven't yet heard the album Atmos released on on Flying Rhino with Echolab. How many tracks are by Atmos, and is it worth getting?

Thanks in advance for suggestions!

:D

FILL THE HAT

538915[/snapback]

:lol:

yes! this is the track which got me first into Atmos' sound, and the progressive style in general. this track is filled with magic for me.

Get your hands on the Haldolium RMX of "The Only Process" it's one the few cases where a RMX is even better than the original.

"Catch from Scratch" is also pretty different from the rest & can be found on the Spiral Trax-compilation from last year.

The Echolab-album has some cool chillout/downtempo tracks too, so get it if you can, but it took me quite a while to get my hands on it. He only made that 1 album for Flying Rhino, but there are several exclusive tracks of his on mix & compilation albums on that label.

When GSH reads this he'll probably bring up the first Atmos 12" " The rebirth of Cavanough" but I've never heard that one myself.

He will be releasing a new album ("Royale") & also a RMX album ("Deluxe") this year on Spiral Trax.

If all goes well, I'll be checking my first Atmos-dj set this weekend in Germany, but only if the wheather allows openair-partying :)

Get your hands on the Haldolium RMX of "The Only Process" it's one the few cases where a RMX is even better than the original.

"Catch from Scratch" is also pretty different from the rest & can be found on the Spiral Trax-compilation from last year.

The Echolab-album has some cool chillout/downtempo tracks too, so get it if you can, but it took me quite a while to get my hands on it. He only made that 1 album for Flying Rhino, but there are several exclusive tracks of his on mix & compilation albums on that label.

When GSH reads this he'll probably bring up the first Atmos 12" " The rebirth of Cavanough" but I've never heard that one myself.

He will be releasing a new album ("Royale") & also a RMX album ("Deluxe")  this year on Spiral Trax.

If all goes well, I'll be checking my first Atmos-dj set this weekend in Germany, but only if the wheather allows openair-partying :)

539010[/snapback]

Did anyoneone mntion "Rebirth of Cavanough" yet :P The best track of all time. Period. No more discussion.

Other than that, Klein aber Doctor and the Only Process have been mentioned, but Im surprised no one has brought up "Drums Dont Stop", also an all-time classic. And also "Bad Lieutenant" is a really amazing track.

Also, the Atmos Remix of SUN Project "Statistic" kicks major ass, especially the creeking door sounds.

Headcleaner, or whatever it was called, was a snorefest from hell.

538907[/snapback]

You calling Headcleaner a snorefest??? :o It's a classic!! A classic I tell thee. Well I enjoyed it anyways...

You calling Headcleaner a snorefest???  :o  It's a classic!!  A classic I tell thee.  Well I enjoyed it anyways...

539359[/snapback]

It came at a bad time for me. I was into the minimal thing for about a month, and liked maybe one or two things, like Noma. But around the same time Spirallianz came out and made the whole minimal thing seem sorta silly to me.

It came at a bad time for me. I was into the minimal thing for about a month, and liked maybe one or two things, like Noma. But around the same time Spirallianz came out and made the whole minimal thing seem sorta silly to me.

539437[/snapback]

what you saying about spirallianz? You dissing them too?? ooh la laaaaaaaaa.........

:P

I love whole Atmos work and HEADCLEANER is one my favourite progressive trance albums ever...

I also like OVERLAP and 2ND BRIGADE but his previous singles, from before the official album are also great : DRUMS DON'T STOP, THE ONLY PROCESS, SO NICE YOU NAME IT TWICE, A.PRO.X, MEDICAL TRAUMA, BAD LIEUTENANT, MENTAL LUGGAGE

Atmos rulez ! :D

what you saying about spirallianz?  You dissing them too?? ooh la laaaaaaaaa.........

:P

539442[/snapback]

No, shweetie. :D I meant that the Spirallianz/Midimiliz boys made Atmos seem silly to me. Blast Food has been and probably will always be one of my favorite psy albums.

I meant that the Spirallianz/Midimiliz boys made Atmos seem silly to me.

Blast Food has been and probably will always be one of my favorite psy albums.

539468[/snapback]

Shame on you. :P

539010[/snapback]

He plays here tonight. Couldn't care less though. After his amazing debut his recent output was really dull.

My favorite is of course the first tune of the debut, still gives me the chills when i hear it.

539176[/snapback]

wow so he´s a travelling man heh? belgium, israel, and next weekend he comes to brazil !

gonna hear him and thomas penton.. hope its nice

atmos´ live in voov 2004 was sort of boring, but I generally like his releases.... so lets see whats up next weekend

and if he doesnt do anything good, there will still be chance for him to show us in sonica :D

wow so he´s a travelling man heh?  belgium, israel, and next weekend he comes to brazil ! 

539560[/snapback]

No man :) He's not playing in Belgium, the festival is in Germany, but now it's not 100% sure we're going there. Probably gonna see Mapusa Mapusa at Klang der Essenzen...

Atmos only played in Belgium once or twice, but that's both >5yrs ago I think...