To all Transwave fans

Templar

I don't know the actual figures of the record sales since I don't have contacts with labels and stuff so I can only guess. But just because Suntrip was voted best label, doesn't mean they've automatically also sold the most CDs... (sadly)

591468[/snapback]

Exactly.

Suntrip was voted best label here on Psynews, right? I wonder how many total sales Psynews members accounted for.....100? 150? 200?

Holy shit, somebody call TIPWorld and Chemical Crew right now and tell them about the shocking sales figures so they can stop selling their horrible-selling full-on albums and harnass the truly awesome buying power that inevitebly comes with being voted the the best label on the mighty psynews.org!!! :blink::blink:

:ph34r:

Anyways, it's simple....50 or 100 or even 500 people bitching on forums about wanting to hear more old-skool goa stuff doesn't translate into the sales figures that would be necessary to support a lot of labels releasing the style. The majority of the "psytrance" DJs out there are spinning full-on/dark/forest/psy-prog.....not old-skool sounds. I doubt the tiny psy-trance market could support a large number of labels releasing true goa sounds (whether they be new labels or established labels switching to the style). Why hasn't Tranceform Records released anything since 2004? Why haven't other new goa labels popped up? Because the demand is small.

Internet forums - especially psynews - don't have a huge correlation with the market demand. Don't be deceived into thinking that.

Regarding this Transwave new album issue - it's been almost 10 years since their last album. Both Dado & Christof have been producing completely different music for years. How anybody could expect them to pick up where they left off so long ago is just beyond me. :blink: I am personally looking forward to hearing what the two of them produce together. Not because I expect them to return to their old sound that I loved so much (I've got the old albums for that), but because I know that their two heads working together have turned out some really cool sounds in the past and have the potential to do so now - whatever style it might be.

Sure, maybe the album will suck. Then I won't buy it. End of story. €15 I'll spend elsewhere.

But these guys used to produce magic together, so I am interested to see what they can do together now, even if it doesn't sound a thing like their old material.

And about the name...it's the stupidest fucking thing for people to get their panties in a wad that I've ever heard. I don't hear people complaining that Electrypnose released both an uptempo and downtempo album under the same name. I don't hear people bitching about Human Blue planning to do the same thing. I've heard a lot of artists that have completely different styles under the same name. Who cares? Does it somehow tarnish the old albums if they produce something under the same name 10 years later that completely blows? No. Listen to it before you buy it, and you'll be safe.

That's my afternoon rant. :P

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly.

Suntrip was voted best label here on Psynews, right?  I wonder how many total sales Psynews members accounted for.....100?  150?  200?

Holy shit, somebody call TIPWorld and Chemical Crew right now and tell them about the shocking sales figures so they can stop selling their horrible-selling full-on albums and harnass the truly awesome buying power that inevitebly comes with being voted the the best label on the mighty psynews.org!!!  :blink:  :blink:

:ph34r:

Anyways, it's simple....50 or 100 or even 500 people bitching on forums about wanting to hear more old-skool goa stuff doesn't translate into the sales figures that would be necessary to support a lot of labels releasing the style.  The majority of the "psytrance" DJs out there are spinning full-on/dark/forest/psy-prog.....not old-skool sounds.  I doubt the tiny psy-trance market could support a large number of labels releasing true goa sounds (whether they be new labels or established labels switching to the style).  Why hasn't Tranceform Records released anything since 2004?  Why haven't other new goa labels popped up?  Because the demand is small. 

Internet forums - especially psynews - don't have a huge correlation with the market demand.  Don't be deceived into thinking that.

Regarding this Transwave new album issue - it's been almost 10 years since their last album.  Both Dado & Christof have been producing completely different music for years.  How anybody could expect them to pick up where they left off so long ago is just beyond me. :blink: I am personally looking forward to hearing what the two of them produce together.  Not because I expect them to return to their old sound that I loved so much (I've got the old albums for that), but because I know that their two heads working together have turned out some really cool sounds in the past and have the potential to do so now - whatever style it might be.

Sure, maybe the album will suck.  Then I won't buy it.  End of story.  €15 I'll spend elsewhere.

But these guys used to produce magic together, so I am interested to see what they can do together now, even if it doesn't sound a thing like their old material.

And about the name...it's the stupidest fucking thing for people to get their panties in a wad that I've ever heard.  I don't hear people complaining that Electrypnose released both an uptempo and downtempo album under the same name.  I don't hear people bitching about Human Blue planning to do the same thing.  I've heard a lot of artists that have completely different styles under the same name.  Who cares?  Does it somehow tarnish the old albums if they produce something under the same name 10 years later that completely blows?  No.  Listen to it before you buy it, and you'll be safe.

That's my afternoon rant.  :P

591518[/snapback]

This reply is sooooo right!

Guest Rezwalker

really I never knew that...

And about the sales, I can assure you we don't come even close to the sales of "half famous" full on/Dark artists in this scene... we sell enough to survive (which IS a succes these days) but that's about it... it's SUPER crisis in the music industry, and for sure in the trance-scene where the nr 1 medium is internet (which means people download even more as the usual music)

Don't forget, every cd that is sold originally now, has 10 copies floating around...  but ok, as said, we can't complain, we survive :)

591514[/snapback]

yeap the p2p programs its well known huge problem nowdays...but even if u sell as u said the half cd's compared with full on/dark artists, that means we cannot show respect to that ppl?

obvsiouly im not aksing YOU..cause i know u agree with that...that goes for the ppl who disagree and talking about some soured grape faces :)

And about the name...it's the stupidest fucking thing for people to get their panties in a wad that I've ever heard.  I don't hear people complaining that Electrypnose released both an uptempo and downtempo album under the same name.  I don't hear people bitching about Human Blue planning to do the same thing.  I've heard a lot of artists that have completely different styles under the same name.  Who cares?  Does it somehow tarnish the old albums if they produce something under the same name 10 years later that completely blows?  No.  Listen to it before you buy it, and you'll be safe.

591518[/snapback]

For example one good band and a good example of fair play is for instance the band I saw this weekend: Front Line Assembly. Everything they have done is in the line of their previous sound. Sure their sound has developed but still you can hear it's them. AND when they choose to do something else they do it under 12(!) different bandnames.

There's absolutely not a single good point in reviving an old musicproject if it's not somehow related to the origin of the group. If the only excuse is because it's them then it's completely pointless. I mean, couldn't theese two guys done something completely different working together? Just because it's the originated bandmembers doesn't automatically mean it will sound like Transwave.

I just hope it reminds someway of old Transwave. I could never had guessed the new MFG was MFG if I didn't already know.

Guest Rezwalker

You lie.

591565[/snapback]

ok i have read it somewhere else...i forgot where..what's yr problem? u miss the point and u just search "proves" just to attacking me.

what the hell? u have rezwalker sensor? u sit there and wait my posts? everytime u did the same shit..off topic and just personal attacks..

ok enough is enough with u..my patient is over from now and then u are in my ignore list. you can write about me whatever u want but that posts will be invisible.

A)The new Transwave album is not out yet so hold your horses and lets wait for it to get released and then we can all judge it accordingly.

B)Oldschool music is OLD as its name reveals so dont try to find it in new releases.Trying to discover a new Phototropic album in the upcoming Transwave release or trying to connect Panic In Paradise by X Dream with their latest album or comparing the latest MFG album with their Prophecy album WONT LEAD YOU ABSOLUTELY ANYWHERE.People change and so does music,sometimes evolution is good and sometimes not,unfortunately with psy trance the evolution is not so good musicwise at least.

C)Forget about cd sales,you cant even imagine on what a crisis the psy trance scene is at the moment,and everyday,and i mean EVERYDAY,the situation gets worst and worst.

D)Dont pay much attention to internet polls,they rarely reflect the situation in the real world.Suntrip (with all the respect) was voted as the best label in this forum but this has to do more with the fact that its owners are also the people who run this site (so they got a lot of friends here) rather with any objective criteria.Chemical Crew almost received no votes in last years Isratrance poll but they are one of the top 5 selling labels out there and although the internet community snubs them there are people out there who worship the label and its artists as gods.I mean Skazi is the joke of the day in every forum out there but he is one of the best selling artists worldwide in the psy trance scene,same with many other artists.

E)There is absolutely magnificent music out there for every person and for every taste,it just awaits to be discovered.Dont focus just on psy trance and its sub genres,try to experiment a little and trust me you will discover a whole new world of great music that will satisfy your need for good music.Use sites like Discogs and a simple search engine like Google,one link will lead you to another and in very short time you will have endless material for listening in your hands.

I mean Skazi is the joke of the day in every forum out there but he is one of the best selling artists worldwide in the psy trance scene,same with many other artists.

Skazi is not psytrance. He might play at some psy related parties and have some tracks on psy compilations and labels but it's not psytrance, same goes for Dali and related pop trance.

E)There is absolutely magnificent music out there for every person and for every taste,it just awaits to be discovered.Dont focus just on psy trance and its sub genres,try to experiment a little and trust me you will discover a whole new world of great music that will satisfy your need for good music.Use sites like Discogs and a simple search engine like Google,one link will lead you to another and in very short time you will have endless material for listening in your hands.

592691[/snapback]

Agreed, there are a lot of great non-psytrance related releases out there that are psychedelic. Personally I don't find progressive psytrance all that exciting or psychedelic for that matter, I do however feel that deep house can fill that gap. Listen to James Holden's Balance mix and I'm sure you'll understand what I mean.

I can count on my one hand all the psychedelic psy trance releases of 2006.

592833[/snapback]

I hear you, 2006 is crap so far. Let's hope that Twisted manages to release the Koxbox and Prometheus albums on time. Yeah, I know, it's not very likely that will happen...