To all Transwave fans

Templar

Hah! I've talked to a lot of people , both old ones [entering the scene before 2000] and people getting into the scene after 2000 and almost all of them would love some oldskool psychedelic/goa trance party taking place... ;)

As Anoebis said in belgium these parties have very good attendance, so why not in greece too?

But no, let's bring Astrix, Gms, Alien Project ,SkaziĀ  for the 54394th time and charge something like 30-40 euros... :D

586197[/snapback]

its business dude, why bother taking risk and invite goa trance acts/djs when fullon formula still rocks and bring lots of cash anyway :D

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Rezwalker

so.....On topic...imo (after anoebis description) the upcoming cd probably will be sounded like the track "free motherfuckers" from Deeedrah..this track has a weird intro, then @ 1:00 :o an incredible old school sound, then in the middle has some damn full on elements and finished again melodic and almost old school elements.

will c.

unfortunately psy has gone really immature the last years.i prefer progressive much much more->it has personality at least...

most full-on and dark acts from their productions i guess, might 'cook' at least 3 tracks a day...

Ā 

especially dark trance of the last years at least for me is the evolution of nitz style...even worse i must add...

Ā 

goa is still not dead!it's just that it doesn't have the skill and quality it once had...

Ā 

let's see what the future beholds... :unsure:

Ā 

P.S dave young once said maybe he'll go for the super hit of 7 mins of kick drum... ;):lol:

Guest Rezwalker

no good news and from another one guy who visit boom fest. he said to me their new tracks sounds dark technotrance... something between x-dream-synthetic. plus 2 tracks on absolum style.

Ā 

the most bad of all for me is the fact(?) that the duo from france it seems they doesn't show respect to all the ppl who long time now on various forums asking new tracks in old formula...

Ā 

at least there is the "backfire" cd..

new tracks soundsĀ  dark technotrance... something between x-dream-synthetic. plus 2 tracks on absolum style.

591022[/snapback]

If a band wants to take a new direction in their music why don't they go for a new bandname aswell then? What's the point in keeping the old name when doing completely different music..

If a band wants to take a new direction in their music why don't they go for a new bandname aswell then? What's the point in keeping the old name when doing completely different music..

591192[/snapback]

Err i disagree. Artists like David Bowie for example explored pretty wide array of musical genres but they never changed their names, if anything really annoys me in Electronic music and especially in Psy Trance is the amount of different aliases for every new direction or collaboration the artists take. Just check Simon Posford or Peter Kuhlmann and the huge amount of aliases they assumed throughout the "not so long career" they had so far.

no good news and from another one guy who visit boom fest. he said to me their new tracks soundsĀ  dark technotrance... something between x-dream-synthetic. plus 2 tracks on absolum style.

Ā 

the most bad of all for me is the fact(?) that the duo from france it seems they doesn't show respect to all the ppl who long time now on various forums asking new tracks in old formula...

Ā 

at least there is the "backfire" cd..

591022[/snapback]

I would also prefere to hear some new tracks in the old Transwave style but just because an artist doesn't follow my needs, doesn't mean I feel disrespected. I mean there are a lot of people who want something new so there will always be some people that would feel left. In the end it's up to the artist what kind of music they make and I also understand that if you make music for a long time you want to change your style a bit and not use the old formula again and again.

Ā 

Err i disagree. Artists like David Bowie for example explored pretty wide array of musical genres but they never changed their names, if anything really annoys me in Electronic music and especially in Psy Trance is the amount of different aliases for every new direction or collaboration the artists take. Just check Simon Posford or Peter Kuhlmann and the huge amount of aliases they assumed throughout the "not so long career" they had so far.

591195[/snapback]

IMHO it depends a bit. It makes some sense that you change your name when you work with different collaborations. So people know Hallucinogen is Simon P. alone and Younger Brother is Simon P. and Tristan. But if you always work alone and change your style with every album and because of that also change your artist name, it's a bit silly imho (the name changing, not the style changing...).

IMHO it depends a bit. It makes some sense that you change your name when you work with different collaborations. So people know Hallucinogen is Simon P. alone and Younger Brother is Simon P.Ā  and Tristan. But if you always work alone and change your style with every album and because of that also change your artist name, it's a bit silly imho (the name changing, not the style changing...).

591199[/snapback]

Actually even if you work solo,it makes sense to change your projects name when doing different styles of music. It helps the audience choose accordingly to the music ,not who made it. ;):)

Regarding the "Change Your Name" thing....

Ā 

And what if an artist WANTS to be known as someone who explores a wide range of musical territory. I fall in the camp of the less names the better. I work in one side-project with a different name already, but imo that is one too many. The million different names doesn't help anyone but the manic-type fans who explore every little detail of every artist. The regular fans it just confuses more I think.

Guest Elysium

591192[/snapback]

The point is that an artist or a band should do whatever they like. There is no idea in changing a bandname. The ones that like the new direction will follow and those who dont wont. It is as simple as that. And personally I got 10 times more respect for those who progress rather than doing the same formula over and over again for years. A true artists evolve.

Actually even if you work solo,it makes sense to change your projects name when doing different styles of music. It helps the audience choose accordingly to the music ,not who made it.Ā  ;)Ā  :)

591211[/snapback]

To me it depends a bit how often you change the style. If you change it with every album, then it doesn't make much sense. People should allready know that every album is something new. But if you have a certain style and then change it to something completely different, then it does make sense. To me at last... ;)

591195[/snapback]

Ā 

but with electronic music it's not the same as with pop... The pop audience just looks at the name and doesn't care if it's pop-rock or pop-industrial or whatever. HOWEVER in the electronic music scene, people look first at the genre, then at the artist behind it so the people who bought oldschool by Transwave probably wouldn't want to buy full-on by Transwave...

but with electronic music it's not the same as with pop... The pop audience just looks at the name and doesn't care if it's pop-rock or pop-industrial or whatever. HOWEVER in the electronic music scene, people look first at the genre, then at the artist behind it so the people who bought oldschool by Transwave probably wouldn't want to buy full-on by Transwave...

591223[/snapback]

Wouldn't be too bad for the scene if people start look beyond the name of an artist... ;)

Ā 

Besides that also in pop/rock music people care about genres and dislike certain albums of their stars. Take for example Billy Idol's trip to the cyberspace with his Shock To The Sysetm album and got a lot of bad comments because he changed his style. Pop is not as simple as some people here think it is...

Guest Elysium

591223[/snapback]

Come on now let's be real. Why should artists care so much what certain people want. Artists should do exactly what they want to do without thinking about a small group of "sour grapes" that refuse to le go of the past (not pointing fingers at you).

Ā 

And I still doubt their next release will be anything similar to their past music. They have been caught up so long in the full on formular that i expect nothing but full on music from them. Just as everybody else of the Old-Scholl artist turned out with their recent comebacks. Yes they say that they will do melodic trance again. The question is how the music will sound. I am scheptic because I never expect anyone making a comeback to sound as they did x years ago. So I dont expect anything at all and by that I do not get frustrated because they did not live up to my expectations.

Come on now let's be real.Ā  Why should artists care so much what certain people want. Artists should do exactly what they want to do without thinking about a small group of "sour grapes" that refuse to le go of the past (not pointing fingers at you).

591229[/snapback]

Ā 

so true ... this appeals to all forms of art ....

Come on now let's be real.Ā  Why should artists care so much what certain people want. Artists should do exactly what they want to do without thinking about a small group of "sour grapes" that refuse to le go of the past (not pointing fingers at you).

Ā 

591229[/snapback]

:lol::lol::lol:

Ā 

Hehe, you are right, but the way I see it is that artists are exactly NOT doing something they want to do especially if they are applying their new sound to the crowd that are mostly longing for new 'modernised' music. I don't think that Transwave made full on album cause they want to, I think they deliberately made the album that many of other NON SOURED GRAPES THAT REFUSE TO LET GO THE PAST would want, so your argument doesn't make sense... ;):D

Guest Elysium

I don't think that Transwave made full on album cause they want to, I think they deliberately made the album that many of other NON SOURED GRAPES THAT REFUSE TO LET GO THE PAST would want, so your argument doesn't make sense... ;):D

Ā 

Ā 

Ehhh? :blink:

Ā 

Transwave did not yet make a new Album so how can you say what style it is? ;)

Ā 

Second. Dado has done Fullon'ish music for years now and so have Christof for a long time. So that is why I do not expect them to release something even close to the old Transwave. If they do it will maybe be very good or maybe it wil be a storm in a glass of water and totally boring and outdated.

One can only tell whenever their CD will be out. But it's stupid to expect something mindblowing or similar to the old Transwave when you dont know what you get yet.

Ā 

I think my points (arguments) makes a lot of sense and I do see a lot of people living in the past. That's their right of course. But in my opinion they cheat themself expecting miracles from Old-School artists that try to re-invent themself releasing CD's trying to sound as they once did. Just look at MFG ;)

Edited by Elysium

Ehhh?Ā  :blink:

Ā 

Transwave did not yet make a new Album so how can you say what style it is?Ā  ;)

Ā 

Second. Dado has done Fullon'ish music for years now and so have Christof for a long time. So that is why I do not expect them to release something even close to the old Transwave.Ā  If they do it will maybe be very good or maybe it wil be a storm in a glass of water and totally boring and outdated.

One can only tell whenever their CD will be out.Ā  But it's stupid to expect something mindblowing or similar to the old Transwave when you dont know what you get yet.

Ā 

I think my points makes a lot of sense.

591250[/snapback]

:P

I have no expectations it will be oldschool Transwave but if it will be in the line of new MFG then it's totally meaningless. I can see nothing of MFG in their latest album.

Ā 

If I want to buy milk I buy the package that says letters "MILK" on it. If I want to buy a Transwave album I buy the CD that says that. If Transwave wants to make a comeback, then the music is hopefully more related to that project then MFG latest is related to their earlier stuff. If it sounds like Rezwalker described it ("dark technotrance... something between x-dream-synthetic. plus 2 tracks on absolum style.") then they could have made this music under a new name instead because it's like starting a project from square one again.

Ā 

Let's just hope it still has something of old Transwave to it. But if it is like new MFG or dark technotrance.. Pointless labelling it as a Transwave release..

Ā 

Ā 

591229[/snapback]

Ā 

first off, I'm amazed that YOU are defending oldschool artists that release tracks in a different style under the same name... why aren't you releasing progressive stuff under your old name Elysium then?

Ā 

second of all, like Seraph said, IMO musicians VERY rarely make the stuff that they want without trying to please the crowd, and eventually trying to make some $$$ while they're at it... It's not a question of pleasing the old "sour grapes", but more like which is the bigger crowd to please IMO.

Ā 

as for the upcomming Transwave album... it has been "in the works" for like 5 years now, I highly doubt it will one day actually be released, it's just one of those news that people talk about every now and then like the upcoming Hallucinogen or Pleiadians... just accept the fact that the past is the past...

Ā 

Ā 

PS: the initial topic was about re-releasing OLD Transwave tracks...

Guest Elysium

first off, I'm amazed that YOU are defending oldschool artists that release tracks in a different style under the same name... why aren't you releasing progressive stuff under your old name Elysium then?

Ā 

Sometimes I wish you would get your facts straight before you respond ;)

Ā 

First of all I do not defend anyone. And also not old-school artists. My point was that it's totally up to each artist to do what he/she please. No one have the right to tell any artist what name he/she should use to release the music under. As I have said all along. That's up to the artist to decide. And no one else.

Ā 

2nd (and this is where your lack the facts) I have indeed released progressive under the Elysium name (with "project" at the end).

Ā 

The reason why I do not use Elysium anymore for progressive (or anything else) is because I have another project Holm & Andersen. So why bother use Elysium when Holm & Andersen is the project that I choose to use my time on?