Pic of your workarea?

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holly hell, el brujo, I'm jealous of that setup :)

Its so hard to find a sturdy long desk too

Make your own, I did, I started with a massive IKEA one, Extended it, and bough some plywood to make it even bigger :) If you want, I can make a drawing plan for you for a nice desk, and you just do it yourself. :)

Hello, yeah I play the santur, the setup has changed a little more, as I ahve given up the sh201, got a futureretro revolution, but mostly the same.

The desk is a hotel desk, as I work at a hotel I got it from there. They re known to be really long :)

If you dig the santur, altough it is a short repetetive riff you can hear it in a track of mine at

www.myspace.com/taurusbabas

the tracks name is vadi means valley :)

if you re wondering what I am doing with these synths check out my other stuff

www.myspace.com/enlightenmentunderground

• 2 weeks later...

yes but where are the pingles?

on the other side of the desk, not in the photo

lol, your windows are EXACTLY the same as my kitchen windows, and they are CREPP! :D

maybe this is your kitchen? do you cook pringles?

cool little setup you have there, mike.

-d

wow, i managed to impress the gear lord of pienews :D i feel proud :rolleyes:

on the other side of the desk, not in the photo

maybe this is your kitchen? do you cook pringles?

surely you meant gay-lord, not gear.... :lol: (you know I live you A! :)

No no no no no! I am not gear lord! I have to say, I have hardly any gear! Really! After next week, I will have two polyphonic synthesizers and one monophonic and a 909 drum machine and a good set of monitors and an eventide harmonizer :)

I really don't have much. I buy, fix, play with, sell..profit, buy higher end stuff, being that I've been unemployed since last July! So please don't think when I take a picture of my setup that I am hiding stuff. I *really* don't have that much gear. It comes, it goes. I have two keyboards sitting waiting to mail out right now....my final setup is going to be surprisingly thin next week. Now, don't think I won't add to it. I will! :)~ But money's tight and I need to take care of other priorities like feeding me and my boy heehee [we just spent 400 USD on groceries, so we should be good for a month] but... yeah, I like to buy lifes necessities first!

So you *will not* be impressed with my *very simple* little setup when you see it hahaha! Even I'm not, but...I am very happy with what it is and what it will be in the end [next week] hehe! I say [next week] because I will take a picture then :) right now, everybody will LAUGH at me!@# It really isn't much :)

-d

Hey devious,

Speaking of eventide harmonizers, i want to get a Eventide H8000FW for a producer friend of mine. Can you recommend any dealers that do international shipments.

*shits pants* well, you can order it to me, and i can inspect it and test it out and make sure everything is fully functional :-D and then ship it on it's merry way to you. I do know of some. I have to jet out the door, I will get back to you later on this afternoon [afternoon here that is] I have to zip to work...more info to come!

-d

ATTENTION GETAFIX:

You can order it through NovaMusik.Com - they're awesome. I was going to say them earlier except I had no time to check if they had any available. I called, they're there, and they will ship internationally. They sell a lot on ebay and through their store. In fact, I've been to their store once. Walk in and there's plenty of gear to play with hands on, great place. It's right next door to my state :) in Wisconsin.

They will represent in a manner that's similar to Dave Smith and his customer support, except on the retail side of all things. So if you want service like DSI gives their customers [which is absolutely outstanding from what I've heard], NovaMusik is your place!

There again, just have it shipped to me. Like the 303 I received and had fun playing with it before it went off to Germany :( I was quite sad...

Aaron

Hey Aaron,

I just got into touch with www.audiolot.com & though they're willing to ship internationally they won't mark down the value of the harmonizer to save us from import taxes. It will also take them a few days to have it in their store.

I'll order from novamusik instead since you say they have them in stock. Could you let me know if its possible to have it shipped to you? This way you can play around with it then ship it on to me here in pakistan.

I guess we should continue this conversation in p.m.

• 2 weeks later...

Posted Image

If you look real hard about halfway up the pic you can just see the laptop screen peeking over the garbage.

:P

• 2 weeks later...

I like to keep my setup simple & effective, i'd rather have less stuff cluttering my studio but the absolute best quality possible.

The eventide is really amazing, i don't think anything can come near it in the software world. I just got it so i'm still learning but it has endless possibilities to mangle audio with.

I did a lot of research on what the best nearfield monitors were & the K+H O300 were the one's that were most often recommended. They're pretty expensive ($4000) but they are really amazing and worth every penny. I used to have Dynaudio BM6A before this & these just blow the BM6A away.

• 5 weeks later...

It is.

I bought it because it's a good (for its price) and cheap all-purpose mic. But I think you can afford more, considering you had enough money for K&H :P

Gonna build some acoustic diffusers for it though. Right now it's positioned on the mix position which is quite dead because of all the massive basstraps I made. Gonna move it to the back I think.