Pic of your workarea?

Some nice studios :)

Nemo, you should buy a Alpha juno-1 instead of sampling one, it cost 100 euro in sweden (and i know you are swedish) :)

Anyway, this is my studio:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The last pic however is abit different nowdys. Its OSCar instead of a Jupiter-6

598525[/snapback]

Hey Jannis, I have one :D I bought it for 75 euros here in Amsterdam :) I was asking for some presets, not samples :)

Nice studio!! :) But I would like to come and build you something really nice hehe. I am going to take a woodwork class very soon, because I figured out that I want to build custom studio setups (I have helped building many), and I think it would be THE job for me. I love building custom rackmounts :)

Anyways again, very nice Jannis :)

OT: You are greek?

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Jannis, I have one :D I bought it for 75 euros here in Amsterdam :) I was asking for some presets, not samples :)

Nice studio!! :) But I would like to come and build you something really nice hehe. I am going to take a woodwork class very soon, because I figured out that I want to build custom studio setups (I have helped building many), and I think it would be THE job for me. I love building custom rackmounts :)

Anyways again, very nice Jannis :)

OT: You are greek?

598566[/snapback]

Thanx about the studio :) I think its really cozy :)

What do you have in mind about rackmounts? :) And good luck with that bussiness

My parents are from Greece, but i was born and raised and sweden, and still live there. So i feel like a swed actually...

smug: looking or feeling too pleased about sth you have done or achieve: a smug expression/smile/face. What are you looking so smug about? according to Oxford Dict.

Right on  B)  !

598578[/snapback]

:lol:

I don't know if Mr Collin was ironic or not :P But anyway, i am proud of that studio (it took 10 years to build it)

:lol:

I don't know if Mr Collin was ironic or not  :P  But anyway, i am proud of that studio (it took 10 years to build it)

598580[/snapback]

Dude if my studio looked like that I'd have a very similar expression on my face. It's just not the same playing back a track in the dark when the only light is two computer monitors, rather than a thousand LEDs all blinking in sync with various internal aspects of the track you're listening to.

Thanx about the studio :) I think its really cozy :)

What do you have in mind about rackmounts? :) And good luck with that bussiness

My parents are from Greece, but i was born and raised and sweden, and still live there. So i feel like a swed actually...

598577[/snapback]

Nah, i made some custom ones for my desk, well, I made my desk in the size I neeed it, and then i built wooden rack mounts to fit my needs. I love wooden stuff :)

What im saying is, when I see what you have, and the room, I get a vision on how I would build it, in order for you to reach everyhting nice and smooth :) thats all :) Of course, your order is your order, and I didnt mean to invade that (just had an idea :))

:)

Dude if my studio looked like that I'd have a very similar expression on my face.  It's just not the same playing back a track in the dark when the only light is two computer monitors, rather than a thousand LEDs all blinking in sync with various internal aspects of the track you're listening to.

598586[/snapback]

I agree :) I find inspiration by just looking at the stuff sometimes.

And btw: will you be at the twsited party?

Nemo: I will soon move to a new appartment, once i do, i would be really intressted in your services :) . I will most probably not have the same space, so i will defenetly get back to you. I wil move within a year. How often are you in sweden?

Edit: typos

:)

I agree :) I find inspiration by just looking at the stuff sometimes.

And btw: will you be at the twsited party?

Nemo: I will soon move to a new appartment, once i do, i would be really intressted in your services  :) . I will most probably not have the same space, so i will defenetly get back to you. I wil move within a year.  How often are you in sweden?

Edit: typos

598596[/snapback]

Im not that often in Sweden, but let me know when you are going to move, then I will have a think about things :) What you could do in the meantime, is to give me how much rackspace you are using in U's and the dimensions of your Mixer :) Lets continue with PM's or emails :) My MSN is: nemo (at) esknetlabs dot com (for anyone that feels that want to add me for that matter :))

Yeah, presets.... but its not important, I was just thinking since you also have one, that you might have some laying arounds :) I havent found anything on the net, but then again, I havent really looked so... :)

Im the same as you... use it and lose it :)

598520[/snapback]

I dug around on my harddrive and found these. I haven't tried most of them (I'm possibly running the world's longest working midi daisy chain and usually can't be bothered to tear it apart for things like data dumps and such... lol), but I'm pretty sure most of them came from the Yahoo Alpha Juno users' group.

http://www.par-2.com/choons/AlphaJuno.zip

No just kidding heres the REAL THING:

Posted Image

me vork vit snowball

sankiu

580994[/snapback]

It's amazing that your real thing looks EXACTLY like my partner in PAR-2 Productions' old studio picture on our site. Even more amazing that the url for the picture of your real studio is even hosted on our server ( http://www.par-2.com/studio/pics/par2west.jpg ). The similarity boggles the mind! :ph34r:

:P:P:P

It's amazing that your real thing looks EXACTLY like my partner in PAR-2 Productions' old studio picture on our site. Even more amazing that the url for the picture of your real studio is even hosted on our server ( http://www.par-2.com/studio/pics/par2west.jpg ). The similarity boggles the mind!  :ph34r:

:P  :P  :P

600132[/snapback]

LOL, I Guess someone got busted :D

It's amazing that your real thing looks EXACTLY like my partner in PAR-2 Productions' old studio picture on our site. Even more amazing that the url for the picture of your real studio is even hosted on our server ( http://www.par-2.com/studio/pics/par2west.jpg ). The similarity boggles the mind!  :ph34r:

:P  :P  :P

600132[/snapback]

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

there,and he puts my name on such things.tsk tsk tsk

Posted Image

Nord modular, my absolute favourite outboard component

Posted Image

Mic, Roland Juno-106 and a crappy guitar

Posted Image

Amp, my MOTU 24io interface and some retired outboard fx.

Posted Image

Alesis X2 mixer

Posted Image

J u n k. One day I will have to go thru these discs. Sorry if the pics are too big.

602216[/snapback]

*drops jaw to the floor and drools like a dog :blink::ph34r::wub:

• 1 year later...

Posted Image

Just changed places because of acoustical reasons and I'm quite happy with my new setup. The only problem is you don't have enough space... you never have.

Posted Image

Trying to get some order into chaos, sometimes multicores are a blessing

edit:

Access Virus TI

Access Virus C

Waldorf Q+

Clavia Nord Lead 2X (maybe has to go for an Alesis Andromeda soon)

Futureretro Revolution

Sherman Filterbank 2

RME Fireface 400

M-Audio Midisport 4x4 Midi Interface

Genelec BPM 7060, 2x 8040 APM

Mackie Onyx 1640 (on the picture there's still the Onyx 24/4)

Cubase Studio 4

Computer :Mac Pro Quad 3.0ghz 4gb ram 250gb internal disk

Display : Apple 24" Cinematic Display

Sound Card : Motu Ultralite

Midi : Motu 128 Midi XT 8*8

Monitor : Adam A7

Daw : Ableton Live 6

Mixer: Yamaha 16ch 4buss

Synthesizer : Access Virus B - Nord Lead 2 - Roland SH-201

Soft Synth : Guitar Rig 2 - Battery 3 - Lucifer 2.01

Outboard : T.C. Fireworx - Alesis Quadraverb

Midi Controller : Evolution UC-33e - E-MU X-Board 49 - Korg PadKontrol

Field Recording : M-Audio MicroTrack 24/96

Microphones : Rode NT1a - Shure SM57 - AudiaTechinca Drum Kit Pack

Acoustic Instruments : Santoor (I love this) - Fretless Bass (cheap but nice)

These are the stuff I am actively trying to learn and use. These photos are a little old, so my rack, my padkontrol, santoor and such is not seen, also the mixer is not there, I am planning to incorporate my analog mixer to use in mixdown situation, but its still not clear, if I am going to do or not. I promise I ll update it, its hell to keep things organized, and it drives me crazy, and I am kind a guy who dismounts every gear in once a week, change it to a better more suiting organization. Need some bass traps too...

Posted Image

Posted Image