Pic of your workarea?

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's mine at the moment. I'm in the middle of upgrading my monitors so the ones currently in my studio are pretty small but they get the job done for the time being.

Posted Image

539092[/snapback]

nice!

what are those machines under the table?

they look interesting! :)

The full gear details can be seen HERE

The main stuff under the table are a Nord Lead rack, Virus B rack, and Eventide Harmonizer, TC Electronics M-One, plus a few other things that don't get used as much.

539115[/snapback]

they look awsome!

what do they do exactly? :)

Here is mine.... I built the table myself :D

539075[/snapback]

Those are Genelec monitors, right? I'm saving up for a pair. :)

Here's mine at the moment.

539092[/snapback]

Sweet! What monitors are you thinking of getting? :)

Those are Genelec monitors, right? I'm saving up for a pair.  :)

Jep it's a pair of genelec 8040A... And trust me you wont regret buying a pair of genelecs :D

Now im saving up for a sub to match them which is just as expensive as the monitors themselves :(

Here is mine:

539199[/snapback]

Sweet! I see you got a Korg PadKontrol, how're you finding it? :)

Jep it's a pair of genelec 8040A... And trust me you wont regret buying a pair of genelecs :D

539200[/snapback]

I know, I went into SoundControl months back and they have a pair - put on some music and it was mindblowing (or should I say earblowing? :P) - it's amazing how good quality technology really does make music sound better. :)

you cant be serious working with those speakers  :blink:

539654[/snapback]

yep,..this is all i got,..if i hand any money i would buy better,.. :P ,.

i wish someday i could get myself a home little studio :D ,..someday

And heres mine,.this is me,..

539604[/snapback]

Ah... I remember this kind of setup quite well - just like myself before I moved to mac and got some nice controllers. :)

Slightly distorted and out of date, but here you go:

542163[/snapback]

Very nice, a lot of hardware I see. I'd like an electric guitar myself - but I don't play that well. Someday...

great topic! ;)

542164[/snapback]

Thanks! If you have a setup, please share with us! :)

Guest The Journey Man Project

nice topic and nice pics... interesting just to see how much is done using computers now, seems very rare to have actual hard synths... some awesome set ups...

@ Colin: Is that a Yamaha Promix 01? Do you use it as some sort of midi controller for your mixer in Cubase (or...)? It's because I'm looking for an affordable controller or digital mixer and I don't know what to choose. Maybe that an old cock like you :blink::P can give me some advice?

@ Colin: Is that a Yamaha Promix 01? Do you use it as some sort of midi controller for your mixer in Cubase (or...)? It's because I'm looking for an affordable controller or digital mixer and I don't know what to choose. Maybe that an old cock like you  :blink:  :P can give me some advice?

542696[/snapback]

I see you have a Matrix 6R. Is it true that you can't program it?

@ Colin: Is that a Yamaha Promix 01? Do you use it as some sort of midi controller for your mixer in Cubase (or...)? It's because I'm looking for an affordable controller or digital mixer and I don't know what to choose. Maybe that an old cock like you  :blink:  :P can give me some advice?

542696[/snapback]

Yes, that's a Promix 01... I'm not using it as a control surface as it's too clumsy - there's no easy way of knowing which bank of faders it's controlling! I've used it as one before though, and to write automation for other things but nowadays I use the knobs on the Nord instead. I don't have much experience with control surfaces but anything that will emulate a Mackie Control should do most of what you need - and there are a few cheap examples out there if you look for them. And leave my old cock out of this.

To everyone

:lol:  :lol:

Absolutely amazing setups!

Makes me wanna be a wannabe musician!

haha - top marks all round!

;)

542752[/snapback]

Small is beautiful smith, small is beautiful. As your girlfriend no doubt keeps reassuring you.

;)

I see you have a Matrix 6R. Is it true that you can't program it?

542782[/snapback]

You can program it fine - it's the Matrix 1000 that you can't program from the front panel (although I think it'll take sysex). In a sense you're right though; you can't program the one in the photo. I switched it on yesterday to get some flashing lights for the photos above and it seems to be dead :( The power cable comes loose sometimes on that thing though so I'm hoping that's all it is.

good to see i'm not the only one who puts his speakers on bricks :D

542802[/snapback]

Bricks and Blutack :) It's all about getting the cone moving, not the cabinet. Anyway it's not how it looks, it's how it sounds, and my room does pretty fucking good - I'm very lucky indeed; I've had very flattering comments from People You Know And Respect about the acoustics in here, and I luuurve my speakers :DB)