The new trend

Klato

for me, the fact there are still parties with that music every 2 weeks here mean there IS a point in making that style... because people want new, and more...

Point taken. I guess if enough people feel that more old school needs to be made then some of them will start making it.

PS Nice avatar

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I the only person here who actually likes the dark style you're all bitching about? Sure, there's probably too much of it being produced that sounds similar, but I'd much rather go to a party and hear loads of samey dark stuff than loads of samey fullon, or worse, cheesy Israeli shit with IM-style vocals over the top. By the way I got the new Devil's Mind comp. "Durdom" the other day and if you do like dark stuff you should get it while it's still in stock, it's great. Why the hell do labels feel the need to make cds limited edition?

536973[/snapback]

thats what i am bitching about. ;)

dark is good,but i need my dose of sunlight in the morning,or i go insane. :)

Am I the only person here who actually likes the dark style you're all bitching about?

By the way I got the new Devil's Mind comp. "Durdom" the other day and if you do like dark stuff you should get it while it's still in stock, it's great. Why the hell do labels feel the need to make cds limited edition?

536973[/snapback]

No you're not. :) There's a lot of people on this forum that likes the dark stuff (including me), but the people who don't often speak out louder.

And regarding limited editions. A lot of the dark compilations that are released these days are printed in 500 copies, and therefore limited. "Why?" you might ask. The question is quite simple, most of those cds don't sell much more than 500 copies. Not point in spending a lot of money printing up cd's that'll never sell. Also "limited edition" is cool :)

I hope to hear more powerful singing like Duvdev and nuclear holocaust basslines like Skazi and beautiful melodies like Alien Project!!

None of that confusing wishy washy fake psytrance for me like Prometheus or Hallucinogen

experimental psy/goa has been darkhappy.

current releases are just automatically and most are just plain to my ears.

but people get older more angry see more doors go trough them and don't want to describe em!

the current ammount of releases in our community may show something.

i think the corruption will lead to a dead psycommunity!

cya

daybrain

i think trishula, parvati, deja vu mistress of evil and the like ought to start a secession movement, like, you know, officially declare their independence from psytrance and invent a whole new name for their music (how about "neuro beat"?) then people won't have to worry anymore about any corrupting influences on the goascene ^_^

That's basically where we stand today ... in a nutshell:

PSYTRANCE
                        |
                        |
          -------------------------------
          |             |               |
        DARK           PROG           FULLON

And that's also the genres where evolution will happen.

Dark will become the new fullon concerning people bitching about it (because soon it will get too stereotypical ... many say it already is ... what's missing yet are the big commercial motherfunkers - just wait, they will come ;) ). Prog will morph even more with club and house music making the hippies bitch about it because it will get too clubby and scene-ish and "hi society-ish". And Fullon will go even more in the guitar-and-singing direction so that one day there will be "fullon" on MTV and kids will rock off to it and everybody will shake their heads.

As you see, Oldschool is not on there. Although I think there will happen some development in that sector I still don't believe it will be possible to start another Oldschool avalanche where it gets a global acclaimed presence (and recognisation of the big labels) as a genre where evolution still happens.

i think trishula, parvati, deja vu mistress of evil and the like ought to start a secession movement, like, you know, officially declare their independence from psytrance and invent a whole new name for their music (how about "neuro beat"?) then people won't have to worry anymore about any corrupting influences on the goascene  ^_^

537642[/snapback]

neurobeat sounds great but i would call them bassline fetishists.

In my experience, "dark" can be one of two things: 1. deep, or 2. scary. Can't be both. And I prefer the deep kind.

540879[/snapback]

but most of all it must be KILLLAAARRRGH!!!

:P