juno reactor: transmissions

SpaceTime2012

it was weird the other day i was in my local record store and found juno reactor transmissions in the used section for 8 dollars in mint condition, no scratches or anything. to any of your knowledge how rare is this cd? and is it out of print?

it was weird the other day i was in my local record store and found juno reactor transmissions in the used section for 8 dollars in mint condition, no scratches or anything. to any of your knowledge how rare is this cd? and is it out of print?

534880[/snapback]

DAMn....

You lucky Bastard!

I ... LOVE that album...

... Thats a pretty rare disc indeed.... I bought mine in 98... It's pretty scratched ulgy now... but it still plays...

DAMn....

You lucky Bastard!

I ... LOVE that album...

...  Thats a pretty rare disc indeed.... I bought mine in 98... It's pretty scratched ulgy now... but it still plays...

534882[/snapback]

yeah, it is and amazzing cd, and at that same record store i found beyond the infinite in perfect condition also, idk if its the same person giving up their old juno reactor cds, but as they say one mans trash is another mans treasure!! :)

All juno reactor CDs are readily available in Japan at HMV or Tower Records. Not Virgin. Virgin doesn't have anything! It's shit. Good planes though!

yeah, it is and amazzing cd, and at that same record store i found beyond the infinite in perfect condition also, idk if its the same person giving up their old juno reactor cds, but as they say one mans trash is another mans treasure!!  :)

534887[/snapback]

[off topic]

"One man's trash may be another man's treasure, but that's no reason why you should wear that dead kitten as a crown." (Onion horoscope)

[/off topic] :D

Guest antic

534880[/snapback]

yeah, it's a great album, even though some of the tracks sound a little dated (doh!), especially the one with a guitar ("10.000 miles" I think?)... anyway, getting it for 8$ is really cheap IMO, as you'd have to pay something around 20$ on eBay...

yeah, it's a great album, even though some of the tracks sound a little dated (doh!), especially the one with a guitar ("10.000 miles" I think?)... anyway, getting it for 8$ is really cheap IMO, as you'd have to pay something around 20$ on eBay...

534914[/snapback]

I actually like that old guitar sound. Total Eclipse use it, too, on Violent Relaxation.

Guest antic

I actually like that old guitar sound. Total Eclipse use it, too, on Violent Relaxation.

534921[/snapback]

I didn't said it's bad, just dated! I like the track, though the "guitar" sounds very artificial and unnatural, because at the time there were no advanced sample-editing tools we have today, not to mention VSTi-s that emulate all those real instruments in more or less realistic way - that's what I meant :)

I didn't said it's bad, just dated! I like the track, though the "guitar" sounds very artificial and unnatural, because at the time there were no advanced sample-editing tools we have today, not to mention VSTi-s that emulate all those real instruments in more or less realistic way - that's what I meant :)

534936[/snapback]

Oh, I know. :D I didn't get an "I hate it" impression from your post. Just wanted to say I liked the "dated guitar" you mentioned. I think he did a good job of making it so over-the-top that when one hears it one doesn't get the feeling it was supposed to sound like a real guitar. Same with Total Eclipse. It's probably my favorite track on the album.

Guest antic

Oh, I know. :D I didn't get an "I hate it" impression from your post. Just wanted to say I liked the "dated guitar" you mentioned. I think he did a good job of making it so over-the-top that when one hears it one doesn't get the feeling it was supposed to sound like a real guitar. Same with Total Eclipse. It's probably my favorite track on the album.

534941[/snapback]

:)

I like Luna-tic, Contact & Laughing Gas best, though there are at least couple more great tracks there.

Guest Cosmogenesis

The "Transmission" album is awesome! Please don't compare it with their last more cinematic than psychedelic, "Labyrinth"! Don't make this mistake! B)

Disagree

Beyond the infinite is somehow boring IMO

535487[/snapback]

You wanna say that GUARDIAN ANGEL, MAGNETIC, ICE CUBE, FEEL THE UNIVERSE, SILVER & MARS are boring trax ? :huh:

You wanna say that GUARDIAN ANGEL, MAGNETIC, ICE CUBE, FEEL THE UNIVERSE, SILVER & MARS are boring trax ?  :huh:

535533[/snapback]

I wouldn't really call them boring, per se, just uninspired. Guardian Angel is a pretty cool track. And Rotorblade is the best track on the album, IMHO.

Guest Astro Cortex

Transmissions is their best album IMO. The tracks on Beyond the Infinite may be a bit more powerful, and with a cleaner production, but still Transmissions is a bit more of a classic to me than BTI is. Contact, 10,000 Miles and Laughing Gas are my favourites. :)

BTW: I never understood what's all the fuss about Feel the Universe. First 2-3 minutes are excellent, but from there on it's all uninspired banging and noodling. Similar thing applies for Mars too, but not nearly as disgusting as in FTU.

BTW: I never understood what's all the fuss about Feel the Universe. First 2-3 minutes are excellent, but from there on it's all uninspired banging and noodling. Similar thing applies for Mars too, but not nearly as disgusting as in FTU.

535779[/snapback]

Exactly!

535779[/snapback]

:o

Disgusting ? From you ? :huh: