Electric Universe - Silence in Action

abasio

saw their liveset on Boom festival and it sounded very good!

off course their were lots of songs from Cosmis Experience n other albums too

589553[/snapback]

I only heard 2 tracks of Cosmic Experience and NONE of their earlier albums, and I think the live was really bad, the guy with the guitar, what was het thinking? It's not a hardcore metal performance, damned... The best part of the live was the beginning, then it went downhill pretty soon imo :(

• 1 month later...

And here we have the best psytrance release of 2006. I thought Bori's collaboration with space tirbe may beat his selfmade "Silent In Action" album but i was wrong. This is up to date the most innovative, refreshing and mindblowing album releases in "fullon" cattegory. Excelent acid lines, pure energy and chaos that makes as a matter of fact sense :) 10/10

If you thhink its too fast and boring etc. then this album isnt just dedicated to you. I would say its for "hardcore" psytrancers :)

Keep it up Boris! Thats an evolution.

589176[/snapback]

if hardcore means gay

589264[/snapback]

No it doesn't mean gay, you have some experience in that subject Gutty ?

589388[/snapback]

no i don't listen to electric universe.

589411[/snapback]

saw their liveset on Boom festival and it sounded very good!

off course their were lots of songs from Cosmis Experience n other albums too

589553[/snapback]

how high were you though?

589692[/snapback]

:lol: gutty for president :lol:!!!!!!!

anyway, "borrowing" this album from a "friend", im sure this will suck bigtime, if cosmic experience at some points was in my opinion good album then this one judging by samples is indeed horrible cosmic experience ripp-off :D

:lol:  gutty for president :lol:!!!!!!!

anyway, "borrowing" this album from a "friend", im sure this will suck bigtime, if cosmic experience at some points was in my opinion good album then this one judging by samples is indeed horrible cosmic experience ripp-off  :D

624964[/snapback]

It has electric guitars Posted Image

I recommend skipping Science Posted Image & I implore you to skip the Bomb Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

I only heard 2 tracks of Cosmic Experience and NONE of their earlier albums, and I think the live was really bad, the guy with the guitar, what was het thinking? It's not a hardcore metal performance, damned... The best part of the live was the beginning, then it went downhill pretty soon imo :(

589732[/snapback]

the beginning was the best indeed, i didn't stay the whole set, but not because i didn't like it, especially because I was alone there at that point and also because it was getting fucking hot!

i'm not very fond of the guitars too, but they didn't disturb me there and i didn't hear a song that made me roll my eyes..

I don't know if i would like the album for listening though, a good soundsystem like the oen on boom can make a big difference then listening to plain headphones

how high were you though?

I was 100% sober, I was awake for an hour at that point :rolleyes:

If you dont listen to him, then dont judge his music.

____

It's hard to find harmony in chaos. Seems like any of you managed to achieve this :(

626224[/snapback]

Seems like people that've been listening to psytrance and found harmony in this music for 10 years can't enjoy this album.

its subjective and easy to say the "eu" spirit is gone ........... and if? to where? .... north ,east,west,south??..or south-west?! .... still its there!!!!  :P

again,........all a question of taste. fact is that this album is produced in high quality! and people on the dancefloor confirm it every time.

583321[/snapback]

The spirit IS gone in the sense this artists' generally great style from previous E.U. albums has changed, it isn't here. The statement was self-explanatory and I'd imagine anyone (including those with a biasd and slant) are aware of this.

Really?, people on the dancefloor confirm it every time?? I'm sure they confirm every song everytime on the dancefloor, thanks to the DJ's doing their job.

Seems like people that've been listening to psytrance and found harmony in this music for 10 years can't enjoy this album.

626278[/snapback]

I second that and I agree. And for whatever reason someone will always like something and try to get others to see their point of view. And there are opportunities at doing this, but after a while it becomes old and stale.

And I have listened to all his albums. I own 4 or 5 of them and I agree that Cosmic Experience was a gem. It was very good and I would have loved to see a great new E.U. album like that one -- both to and released after that one.

Not this.

MONEY and no respect to the fanbase seems to be the main reason why the record label contributed in turning Electric Universe into a generic clubtrance dance album. Boris in some way or another was encouraged to dissociate from his beloeved goa-influenced psytrance (add: highly danceable) albums and make commercial psy club trance. As an artist, you don't just flip after creating great music in a totally different style which we love for over 10 years. Now fans all over the world are disappointed.

Who ever the person representing PLANET B.E.N. Records was on this thread (before they stopped posting and suddanly someone else appeared to continue the argument) seems to disagree with every body who doesn't like this album. This is more proof to me something isn't right. Regardless, it's downright unprofessional to argue or debate about an album if you are THE artist or A PERSON backed or behind the company and/or record label. The label obviously wants whatever they release to do good, regardless if it's of good or not good quality...and I'm NOT talking about the production here.

The album should speak for itself, and it has. The overall consensus here is that Electric Universe - Silence in Action is very disappointing, and this comes on forums which include a general handful of psytrancers from all over the world.

The album should speak for itself, and it has. The overall consensus here is that Electric Universe - Silence in Action is very disappointing, and this comes on forums which include a general handful of psytrancers from all over the world.

626290[/snapback]

Everyone has his own taste of course. If 99 poeple say something is bad and 1 say its good, does it judge anything ? I wouldnt say so! I still consider silence in action as one of the best releases in 2006. It's definately in my top5.

The power, kick and strenght that emanate from every single treack on "silence in action" is incredible. If some cannot notice it, it means such an agressive music isn;t made for their ears. As simple as it is. :D

Different point of views heheh...

Ohh one more thing. For those of you who think planet ben records destroyed bori's talent are wrong. Try to find a moment when electric universe changed style to what we have now. It's been at least 1.5 year ago when he wasnt singed to planet ben :)

A little bit earlier if you check better

space tribe music, track "fully awake" was the moment he switched to agressive-fullon as i call it.

626420[/snapback]

That was released 6 months (half a year!) after VA - Planetary Nation 001 @ PlanetBEN.

http://www.discogs.com/release/370945 - VA - Planetary Nation 001

http://www.discogs.com/release/476511 - VA - A Pinch Of Psychedelic

Everyone has his own taste of course. If 99 poeple say something is bad and 1 say its good, does it judge anything ? I wouldnt say so! I still consider silence in action as one of the best releases in 2006. It's definately in my top5.

The power, kick and strenght that emanate from every single treack on "silence in action" is incredible. If some cannot notice it, it means such an agressive music isn;t made for their ears. As simple as it is.  :D

626406[/snapback]

Seriously mate, did you like the Bomb?