Darkest Album ?

seraph

I voted Xenomorph - Cassandra's Nightmare because it was most accessible to my mind when I thought of most evil-DARK goa/psy. Whenever you have samples from horror films like Hellraiser and In the Mouth of Madness...coupled with the already dark background music, atmosphere and occasionally screams of pain and torture) it sounds really evil.

I could see why The Delta and BotFB are popular choices. They don't use samples as chaotic or evil sounding as Xenomorph has IMO, but the music in itself is very brooding and heavily dark. Xenomorph is more shock value (evil voice samples and sounds) mixed in with good dark goatrance. I don't know if it would feel as evil-dark as Sandman's WC and The Delta without those samples.

Cydonia is more great wicked melodies goatrance with a dark tone throughout. The tone is dark and it doesn't have sounds of actual people in agony or terror. It's different. All of these are psychological in different ways.

Anno Domini is more dreamy/fantasy, not fully dark IMHO. Certain tracks such as Pathfinder and one other (for starters) are heavily dark, definitely... but as a whole?

The Delta debut seems to have been generally favored a bit more than BofFB so I can see why it would appear that much higher.

Other super dark albums I would have added to the poll maybe:

- Penta: Pentafiles (!)

- Dark Soho: Combustion

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DELTA - SCIZZOEFFECTIVE  [ 18 ]  ** [32.14%]

This says it all for me!

:D

Definetly Cydonia for me

that album doesnt need screaming people or horror movie effects to create the mood and it s also very intense

close second BotFB

still remember tripping on cydonia and stomping the ground heavy so I felt safe and powerful to stand through it... i loved every bit of it

I have to say that I am really sad seeing how BOTFB is underestimated. :(

So, here are the Top 5 Darkest Albums according to you :

1. DELTA - SCIZZOEFFECTIVE

2. XENOMORPH - CASSANDRA'S NIGHTMARE

3. SANDMAN - WITCHCRAFT

4. CYDONIA - IN FEAR OF RED PLANET

5. BOTFB - TWIN SHARKFINS / X - DREAM - RADIO

Bring some more votes... :D

I'd chose Scizoeffective because it was more varied... you had other tracks than just techtrance. With Send In... they just used the same formula for all the tracks (doesn't mean it's bad though ;) )

536748[/snapback]

I totally agree.

Toi Doi - Technologic seems underestimated as well..

btw I thibk BotfB - Demonoizer is darker than Twin Sharkfins, but i suppose you chose Twin Sharkfins because it's their first one hile Demonoizer was released in 2002.

614385[/snapback]

I didn't like the Toi Doi album. I really liked their aggressive sound, but it was way too repetetive. And I also like Twin Sharkfins way more than Demonoizer, the latter being an almost complete miss for me.

I totally agree.

I didn't like the Toi Doi album. I really liked their aggressive sound, but it was way too repetetive. And I also like Twin Sharkfins way more than Demonoizer, the latter being an almost complete miss for me.

614389[/snapback]

I woyld say I prefer Demonoizer.

i chose cop-urban alien cause every single track of this album is darker than black...

614416[/snapback]

Ouuu...I like how that sounds. Very badass. I'll have to release this album from my collection and hear it again. It's only been 5-6 years.

Ouuu...I like how that sounds. Very badass. I'll have to release this album from my collection and hear it again. It's only been 5-6 years.

614455[/snapback]

Do it! It's a great album :)

lol you talk about dark albums but don't mention a SINGLE dark trance artist... Also some of the albums you mentioned in there are anything but dark (MOS - Drive, Chi AD - Anno Domini, Toi Doi - Technologic,...). Might as well put Skazi up there while you're at it...

anyway, I voted for Xenomorph :)

536266[/snapback]

I totally agree ...

It's a mystery to me how someone in 2006 still thinks the delta : Scizoeffective or x-dream : radio is dark music :blink:

It's like they are stuck in 1999 ...

I totally agree ...

It's a mystery to me how someone in 2006 still thinks  the delta : Scizoeffective or x-dream : radio  is dark music  :blink:

614493[/snapback]

I think dark psy is a different kind of dark. The albums listed are really dark. The atmosphere is dark without the need for evil or scary elements/samples. Dark psy often sounds to me like an amateur trying to create a proper dark atmosphere. But that's just me :)

I think dark psy is a different kind of dark. The albums listed are really dark. The atmosphere is dark without the need for evil or scary elements/samples. Dark psy often sounds to me like an amateur trying to create a proper dark atmosphere. But that's just me  :)

614496[/snapback]

I somehow understand what you mean ...

I can agreee for the battle of the future buddhas

but honestley saying that x dream radio or the delta is the darkest is just nonsence ...

listen to alienated and the orichalcum that's what I call dark atmosphere ....

Toi Doi - Technologic seems underestimated as well..

btw I thibk BotfB - Demonoizer is darker than Twin Sharkfins, but i suppose you chose Twin Sharkfins because it's their first one hile Demonoizer was released in 2002.

614385[/snapback]

Euhm, it has darker name of the album, and more minimalistic sound, which doesn't mean it is more darker... plus twin Sharkfins has one positive track Lord Of The Dance where Demonoizer has none, but I still find Twin Sharkfins darker than the second one...more primal in any case... ;)

I totally agree ...

It's a mystery to me how someone in 2006 still thinks  the delta : Scizoeffective or x-dream : radio  is dark music  :blink:

614493[/snapback]

:huh::blink::lol:

Delta is not dark ? Euhm, ok. :rolleyes:

I think M-Sphere - Electronic Relaxation is one of the darkest albums I've heard.

537241[/snapback]

Really? I find it kind of seductive, even passionate at times, and definatly cheerful in some moments... maybe I see what you mean though.

I voted for Cydonia... gotta pay tribute to my industrial roots :) I'll be playing something from that album at a party this weekend for sure.

Euhm, it has darker name of the album, and more minimalistic sound, which doesn't mean it is more darker... plus twin Sharkfins has one positive track Lord Of The Dance where Demonoizer has none, but I still find Twin Sharkfins darker than the second one...more primal in any case... ;)

614723[/snapback]

Twin Sharkfins is probably more primal and energetic , but I believe that Demonoizer creates a darker atmosphere in my opinion , maybe it's because of the absence of that many melodies as in Twin Sharkfins...

Really? I find it kind of seductive, even passionate at times, and definatly cheerful in some moments... maybe I see what you mean though.

614730[/snapback]

I think I just get a different picture in my head of what dark is. For me dark music has a dark mood. Melancholy or sadness! Evil scary sounds to me don't sound dark so much as they sound funny (which isn't dark at all).

I think I just get a different picture in my head of what dark is. For me dark music has a dark mood. Melancholy or sadness! Evil scary sounds to me don't sound dark so much as they sound funny (which isn't dark at all).

614736[/snapback]

Melancholic or sad I wouldn't say is necessarily dark.

Dark is dark, not necessarily evil either. Scary, yes, less or more.