Goa in 6/8 Time Signiture?

lukethedj

Guest Astro Cortex

Hallucinogen - Snakey Shaker

is partly in 3/4, or maybe indeed 6/8, I say it depends on the listener.

There's more like it of course....

Guest antic

here's some:

Juno Reactor - Konga Fury

Juno Reactor - Swamp Thing

Hallucinogen - Mi-Loony-Um! (some parts)

Hallucinogen - Fluoro Neuro Sponge (beginning)

Hallucinogen - Jiggle of Shinx

Hallucinogen - Deranger (some parts)

Hallucinogen - Horrorgram (beginning)

Children of Paradise - Z's Y

Cosmosis - Down At The Crossroads (some parts)

Quirk - Glam Slam

Quirk - Mystic Linguisic

Tromesa - Laksmana (first half)

:)

*awaits the triplets recommendations*

534070[/snapback]

here's some:

Juno Reactor - Konga Fury

Juno Reactor - Swamp Thing

Hallucinogen - Mi-Loony-Um! (some parts)

Hallucinogen - Fluoro Neuro Sponge (beginning)

Hallucinogen - Jiggle of Shinx

Hallucinogen - Deranger (some parts)

Hallucinogen - Horrorgram (beginning)

Children of Paradise - Z's Y

Cosmosis - Down At The Crossroads (some parts)

Quirk - Glam Slam

Quirk - Mystic Linguisic

Tromesa - Laksmana (first half)

:)

534134[/snapback]

:rolleyes::lol::ph34r:

As was discussed in another thread where I posted audio examples. 3/4 (alternatively 6/8) and triplets are NOT the same thing. Several of those tracks are 4/4 triplets (Disco Mushroom for example). Snakey Shaker is 3/4 in the middle.

Guest antic

As was discussed in another thread where I posted audio examples. 3/4 (alternatively 6/8) and triplets are NOT the same thing. Several of those tracks are 4/4 triplets (Disco Mushroom for example). Snakey Shaker is 3/4 in the middle.

534445[/snapback]

could you please post a link to this thread or explain in few words what's the difference between 3/4 and triplets? :rolleyes:

Guest antic

so, according to the link:

1) 4 notes in 4 blocks is "4/4"

2) 4 notes in 3 blocks is "3/4"

3) 4 notes (some of which are delayed / swinged) in 4 blocks is "swing 4/4"

4) 3 notes in 4 blocks are "triplets"

I always thought that 2) is called "4/3" and 4) is called "3/4", hence it's the same as triplets :unsure:

so, according to the link:

2) 4 notes in 3 blocks is "3/4"

I have always thought it's the other way around.. i.e. 3 (quarter) notes in 4 'blocks' (one block = one measure = one bar = one 1/1-note... so with notes your propably mean 1/4-notes?). But I could be wrong... hmm... actually now that I think of it i'm pretty sure I'm wrong... :P ...so somebody who knows please tell me/us how it really is.

3) 4 notes (some of which are delayed / swinged) in 4 blocks is "swing 4/4"

The swing is in between the (quarter) notes... for example in trance the kick drums stay tightly in their place but the bits between them could be delayed to get that swing feeling.

4) 3 notes in 4 blocks are "triplets"

I always thought that 2) is called "4/3" and 4) is called "3/4", hence it's the same as triplets  :unsure:

534520[/snapback]

Nope... in most trance tracks the space between kick drums is divided to 4 equal parts (4 x 1/16 notes)... but in case of triplets the space is divided to 3 equal parts.

Thanks for finding the link for me. As per the other thread....

Straight normal 4/4

http://www.par-2.com/choons/timesig/straight%20fourfour.mp3

Swing 4/4

http://www.par-2.com/choons/timesig/Swing%20fourfour.mp3

Triplet 4/4

http://www.par-2.com/choons/timesig/tripletfourfour.mp3

Straight 3/4

http://www.par-2.com/choons/timesig/straightthreefour.mp3

Leaving swing out of this, you can explain it like this. Numbers=Kick drum (on the beats you count to establish the time sig, one kick is worth a 16th note in duration). b=bass notes at 16th notes (i.e. in standard 4/4 there are 16 16th notes in one measure or 1 16th note is 1 quarter worth of a full beat count)

Standard: 4/4 1bbb2bbb3bbb4bbb(repeat)

3/4: 1bbb2bbb3bbb(repeat)

4/4 with 16th note triplets: 1bb2bb3bb4bb(repeat)

in a time sig, the bottom number indicated the note value considered 1 "beat" so x/4 means a quarter note is counted as one full beat. The top number is the number of beats in one measure so 4/4 has four quarter notes as one measure(1234 repeat). 3/4 has three quarter notes in one measure (123 repeat), 5/4 has five, etc.....

Triplets don't change the beats your count, rather how you count between the beats. Usually in English fine we are going to verbally count out down to 16th notes we say the follow (for standard 16th notes, not triplets)...

"One" "e" "and "ah" "Two" "e" "and" "ah" "Three" "e" "and" "ah" "Four" "e" "and" "ah"(repeat)

With triplets you usually count by saying...

"One" "and" "ah" "Two" "and" "ah" "Three" "and" "ah" "Four" "and" "ah" (repeat)

or more comment we just say "Tri" "pu" "let" "Tri" "pu" "let" "Tri" "pu" "let" with the "tri"'s equaling your 1234 beats

Clear as mud? :P

Guest antic

guys, the missunderstanding comes from this, that in my understanding:

baaa baaa baaa (repeat) was called "4/3"

so logically:

baa baa baa baa (repeat) was "3/4", and therefore the same as "triplets"

now it's lots more clearer... I think... :)

Guest antic

I think it's safe to say that triplets is really 12/16 and 4/4. Although 12/16 could also be 3/4.

Am i correct?

534626[/snapback]

umm... 12/16 is 3/4 just with a greater resolution, but I don't think triplets can be 12/16 and 4/4 at the same time? :unsure:

Guys! Just listen the samples that Jikkenteki posted. All he said is just CORRECT!

And for training try on measure 4/4 put ritmo 3/4, it looks like this:

1 --- 2 --- 3 --- 4 --- 1 --- 2 --- 3 --- 4

1 - 2 - 3 - 1 - 2 - 3 - 1 - 2 - 3 - 1 - 2 - 3 :P

First and third parts are always contemporizing.

It better make by hand-clapping. ;)

4/4 and 3/4 are called time signatures. The first number means how many beats in a measure. The second number means which note gets the beat.

In 4/4's case, there are four beats to a measure (or "bar"), and quarter notes get the beat.

Each beat can be either lengthened or divided, but each measure must always add up to 1. For instance, in each measure you can have one whole note, or two half notes, or 4 quarter notes, or 8 eighth notes, etc. Or you can have one half note and 4 eighth notes.

Triplets are just a way of dividing up quarter notes (in a 4/4 time signature).

To call trance music 4/4 is accurate, but is usually used for the wrong reason. Almost all Western pop and electronic music uses a 4/4 time signature, even with breakbeats or even no beat at all. That's why I like to use "4x4" instead to denote "four-on-the-floor" music like trance, techno and house, as a quick way of saying that each of the four quarter notes in a measure gets a bass drum beat.

EDIT: There is such a thing as a 6/8 time signature, and it is different from 3/4. Again, in 6/8, there are 6 beats to a measure, and eighth-notes get the beat. In 3/4, there are 3 beats to a measure, and quarter-notes get the beat.