Is Androcell worth the money?

Shaft

you are such a f*(&%&^ psy-Snob you know that?  :P

Andrcoel is personally worth the dough for the aes dana RMX ( which is better than the original), spectral processor that is awsome and the last two dub-bie tracks... that is imo

535502[/snapback]

Aes Dana, there's another generic act :P

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, the latest Androcell album is absolutely worth the money! In my opinion, this album is much better than his first one. So many beautiful sounds! I wonder how someone can find this boring..? Listen to it on headphones or on a good soundsystem, and I'm sure you will have a pleasant ride...

534306[/snapback]

100% true.

Some people may not like it, i can understand that.

Personally I have both albuns and take great pleasure in listenning to them. It's far far away from being boring, actually it's very rich chill music.

Buy them, you won't regret it. I assure you ;)

Ordered:

1. Sandspider - Music for an imaginary film

2. Shulman - Random Thoughts

3. Shulman - Soundscapes and Modern Tales

4. V/A - Elucidations

5. V/A - Oxycanta

6. V/A - Backroom Beats 2

7. V/A - Wider Horizons

8. V/A - The Mystery of the Thirteen Crystal Skulls

9. Younger Brother - A Flock Of Bleeps

10. Mystery Of The Yeti And Mystical Experiences (2CD special edition)

11. Talpa - The Art Of Being Non

12. Mysert Of The Yeti 2

13. Androcell - Emotivision

Androcell 2 was sold out... And now I just realised that I forgot to add V/A Talisman to my cart!! :(

So if that's available when I do my Saikosounds order (Entheogenic 4, Androcell 2, Talisman), that's what I'll do.. :)

What chill do you like?

536090[/snapback]

He replied above with

"Angel tears, Asura, Downhill, Emou, Entheogenic, Fuzzion, J.Viewz, Kaya Project, Violet Vision.."

It's even alphabetical, like when you browse your MP3 collection. :ph34r:

Guest Astro Cortex

To be honest, all this "psychill/psy-ambient" coming out these days is no more than generic chill to my ears. Whether it's Androcell, Tripswitch, Bluetech, Entheogenic,........it all sounds to me like a lame copycat of the first Shpongle album - and I don't even like that one anymore. All in all, psychill is to "real" ambient what fool-on is to "real" psytrance, IMO.

Feel free to call me an ignorant dickhead now, but it was high time for me to let it out. :)

edit: fuck, was that full of typos! Beh I'm tired :rolleyes:

To be honest, all this "psychill/psy-ambient" coming out these days is no more than generic chill to my ears. Whether it's Androcell, Tripswitch, Bluetch, Entheogenic,........it all sounds to me like lame copycat of the first Shpongle album - and I don't even like that one anymore. All in all, psychill is to "real" ambient what fool-on is ro "real" psytrance, IMO.

Feel free to call me an ignorant dickhead now, but it was high time for me to let it out. :)

536131[/snapback]

You can't take an entire genre and compress it into that first Shpongle album. True, it was the album that started all this - but most of the artists do have their own unique style (yes some are copycats - but not all are)

I suppose you could say the same about any genre... :rolleyes:

To be honest, all this "psychill/psy-ambient" coming out these days is no more than generic chill to my ears. Whether it's Androcell, Tripswitch, Bluetech, Entheogenic,........it all sounds to me like a lame copycat of the first Shpongle album - and I don't even like that one anymore. All in all, psychill is to "real" ambient what fool-on is to "real" psytrance, IMO.

536131[/snapback]

amen! I've been listening through every known psychill album from 2006 and they are all pretty lame, but hey we got another 6 month to go so keep your fingers crossed. true, most of it sounds very uninspired/generic. last year there were atleast a new ishq album and the gaudi/testa album on emit that held some quality.

Guest Astro Cortex

You can't take an entire genre and compress it into that first Shpongle album. True, it was the album that started all this - but most of the artists do have their own unique style (yes some are copycats - but not all are)

I suppose you could say the same about any genre...  :rolleyes:

536133[/snapback]

Yeah, I know it's a bit harsh of me to say such a thing. That statement was mostly based on online listening (saikosounds, mixes, radio stations etc.), but that way I just found out that it isn't exactly my style. Mind you, I did like that kind of psychill when it was new (Shpongle et al.), it's just that I gradually discovered way better (IMO) stuff. Tastes evolve, that's all. :)

Guest Astro Cortex

amen! I've been listening through every known psychill album from 2006 and they are all pretty lame, but hey we got another 6 month to go so keep your fingers crossed. true, most of it sounds very uninspired/generic. last year there were atleast a new ishq album and the gaudi/testa album on emit that held some quality.

536134[/snapback]

It also depends how you define psychill exactly, and I know it's not easy to decide where to draw the line. Ishq didn't really impress me either upon sampling (but perhaps I'm a little biased :unsure: ), and the latest em:t releases I haven't checked out yet. But em:t is a quality label, and it's not psychill to me.

Ignorant Dickhead would be a fun band name. :lol:

536135[/snapback]

:lol:

i think the message stands here, the androcell is album is not something to skimp over and declare unfit, you need to sit down and listen... the rest arguably boring, or neo-hindu crap (which to my tastes is just unbearable). point of the matter, this is mostly electronic dub infuzed so you like genre or not, but i don't find many points of comparison with say sphongle and his take on electronic world music or whatever the hell is up today... apples and oranges too me...

536131[/snapback]

Wow, now couldnt you be more wrong! You're naming some of the best and most inventive chill acts of these last eeeeh, whatever timeperiods it is.

I think I can agree only to this: I wouldn't play Shpongle because it's been overplayed, same as goes for Entheogenic, Ott and maybe even Bluetech. But how can you compare Bluetech to Shpongle? Nice melodic and emotional dubby tunes, heavily influenced by idm-bient and other electronic genres. Really good, soothing and trippy stuff. And the Tripswith album also seems to grow more and more on me: it's full of outstanding tracks. Same goes for Androcell.

Don't listen to traveller, listen to abasio! Or listen to Shaft! ;) Or Basilisk! Or listen to me, I have a very good taste in chillout too! :lol:

Guest Astro Cortex

Wow, now couldnt you be more wrong! You're naming some of the best and most inventive chill acts of these last eeeeh, whatever timeperiods it is.

I think I can agree only to this: I wouldn't play Shpongle because it's been overplayed, same as goes for Entheogenic, Ott and maybe even Bluetech. But how can you compare Bluetech to Shpongle? Nice melodic and emotional dubby tunes, heavily influenced by idm-bient and other electronic genres. Really good, soothing and trippy stuff. And the Tripswith album also seems to grow more and more on me: it's full of outstanding tracks. Same goes for Androcell.

Don't listen to traveller, listen to abasio! Or listen to Shaft! ;) Or Basilisk! Or listen to me, I have a very good taste in chillout too!  :lol:

536384[/snapback]

They don't seem to be overly inventive to me. Bluetech to Shpongle? They may be different beat-wise (dubby, IDM-ish, what the hell) but in most, if not all, of that chillout mentioned I keep hearing the same kind of shpongle-ish sounds and samples, and loads of the same kind of cheesy melodies that make me shudder with embarrassment.

Now I don't wanna ruin anyone's enjoyment of that stuff with my opinion here, and I'm not saying all that cause I'm listening to traveller or anyone else. I just listen to my own taste, and the guy keeps saying "no" to that kind of chillout, I can't help it. ;)

loads of the same kind of cheesy melodies that make me shudder with embarrassment.

536411[/snapback]

Listen to "Behind Closed Eyelids", say "cheesy" and get killed by me! :angry:

Guest Astro Cortex

Listen to "Behind Closed Eyelids", say "cheesy" and get killed by me!  :angry:

536420[/snapback]

No, I won't listen to it! :)

I wouldn't call that track cheesy, except for the flute. I'm sick of flutes!