Next Psyshop Order

Shaft

I'm just contemplating on what albums to buy on Thursday...

Last order (that I didn't get) I had these in:

[

1. Elve - Infinite Garden

2. Gabriel Le Mar - Reel Time

3. Oliver Jones - Picking Up The Pieces

]

But I'm not sure on whether I should drop those - the list is looking pretty big, 14 if Entheogenic 4 is released on or before Thursday when I make the order... If it's after, then I'll probably order that seperately. These are the other CDs I'm almost definitely going to get...

1. Sandspider - Music for an imaginary film

2. Shulman - Random Thoughts

3. Shulman - Soundscapes and Modern Tales

4. V/A - A Magical Journey

5. V/A - Elucidations

6. V/A - Oxycanta

7. V/A - Talisman

8. V/A - Backroom Beats 2

9. V/A - Wider Horizons

10. V/A - Crystal Skulls*1

11. Younger Brother - A Flock Of Bleeps

12. Mystery Of The Yeti And Mystical Experiences (2CD Special Edition)*2

13. Talpa - The Art Of Being Non*1

14. Entheogenic - Golden Cap (if it's released)

*1 - OMG, I'm ordering PSYTRANCE! :o

*2 - Was going to get just the Infinity Project - Mystical Experiences, but saw this double CD and it's only a couple of quid higher than IP on it's own - so why not? Oh, Yeti #2 is in stock as well in psyshop - can anyone recommend? :)

Damn that's a lot of discs... But I have to order this many because it will be a while before the next holiday! :D

I'm just contemplating on what albums to buy on Thursday...

Last order (that I didn't get) I had these in:

[

1. Elve - Infinite Garden

2. Gabriel Le Mar - Reel Time

3. Oliver Jones - Picking Up The Pieces

]

But I'm not sure on whether I should drop those - the list is looking pretty big, 14 if Entheogenic 4 is released on or before Thursday when I make the order... If it's after, then I'll probably order that seperately. These are the other CDs I'm almost definitely going to get...

1. Sandspider - Music for an imaginary film

2. Shulman - Random Thoughts

3. Shulman - Soundscapes and Modern Tales

4. V/A - A Magical Journey

5. V/A - Elucidations

6. V/A - Oxycanta

7. V/A - Talisman

8. V/A - Backroom Beats 2

9. V/A - Wider Horizons

10. V/A - Crystal Skulls*1

11. Younger Brother - A Flock Of Bleeps

12. Mystery Of The Yeti And Mystical Experiences (2CD Special Edition)*2

13. Talpa - The Art Of Being Non*1

14. Entheogenic - Golden Cap (if it's released)

*1 - OMG, I'm ordering PSYTRANCE!  :o

*2 - Was going to get just the Infinity Project - Mystical Experiences, but saw this double CD and it's only a couple of quid higher than IP on it's own - so why not? Oh, Yeti #2 is in stock as well in psyshop - can anyone recommend?  :)

Damn that's a lot of discs... But I have to order this many because it will be a while before the next holiday!  :D

532467[/snapback]

Really really good. Don't drop these.

Good

Yeti #2 is even better than the 1st IMO. I'd add that and drop your jaw!

As for the psytrance, those are some pretty good examples of good psy.

Enjoy

I assume you already have Shulman's second CD? Better than the first one I think.

532482[/snapback]

I have his second CD, yes. :)

About Elve - I don't know really - I do have a lot of beatless (especially with the Ishq moniker on it) - and for the most part I like beatless, but not in excess.. So I'm still not sure about this one.

Although I guess I could really, you know, go for it and buy all those and Yeti 2 as well - meaning that my next order would be some months away :lol:

haha i was just thinking: X-scream made you listen to Talpa? :P

532552[/snapback]

:lol::lol:

Hey, the downtempo on it is really good! :) Plus #6 sounds like an absolute stormer! It sounds melodic enough for me. ;)

:lol:  :lol:

Hey, the downtempo on it is really good!  :)  Plus #6 sounds like an absolute stormer! It sounds melodic enough for me.  ;)

532554[/snapback]

it's ok, you don't have to explain yourself .. i like Talpa too :)

:lol:

Great :)

Whatever you do, don't drop these:

(In order!)

Talpa - The Art Of Being Non :lol:

Younger Brother - A Flock Of Bleeps

Mystery Of The Yeti And Mystical Experiences

V/A - Oxycanta

V/A - Crystal Skulls

Talpa - The Art Of Being Non :lol:

Younger Brother - A Flock Of Bleeps

Mystery Of The Yeti And Mystical Experiences

V/A - Oxycanta

V/A - Crystal Skulls

532578[/snapback]

I'm not thinking of dropping any of those - just the first three in the square brackets.. :)

Interesting choice there, Shaft.

I think A Flock of Bleeps is superb and probably one of my favourite modern psy albums. If Crystal Skulls is the Tipworld release then that's also a fantastic collection of tunes. Mystery of the Yeti is very good but the sequel's even better, and Mystical Experiences remains one of the finest examples of ambient trance ever written.

A word of warning about Soundscapes and Modern Tales and Random Thoughts; neither, in my opinion, are as good as In Search Of A Meaningful Moment. I was particularly disappointed with Random Thoughts as it's the least musical of all Shulman's album. It's not a bad album as such, but it came as a bit of a surprise considering how breathtaking In Search Of A Meaningful Moment was. Probably still worth getting though, especially for an ambient trance fan like yourself.

I think A Flock of Bleeps is superb and probably one of my favourite modern psy albums. If Crystal Skulls is the Tipworld release then that's also a fantastic collection of tunes. Mystery of the Yeti is very good but the sequel's even better, and Mystical Experiences remains one of the finest examples of ambient trance ever written.

532859[/snapback]

A Flock of Bleeps sounds really interesting - a lot of downtempo as well as a few psytrance tracks too - Crumblenaut sounds really really good... Crystal Skulls is the Tipworld release :) Well Mystery of the Yeti + Mystical Experiences is just 2 quid cheaper than just Mystical Experiences - so from that perspective then I'm inclined just to take the double CD - it's not the original album I would care about, just the music! And now I think about it, I'll probably buy Yeti 2 while I'm at it... :)

A word of warning about Soundscapes and Modern Tales and Random Thoughts; neither, in my opinion, are as good as In Search Of A Meaningful Moment. I was particularly disappointed with Random Thoughts as it's the least musical of all Shulman's album. It's not a bad album as such, but it came as a bit of a surprise considering how breathtaking In Search Of A Meaningful Moment was. Probably still worth getting though, especially for an ambient trance fan like yourself.

532859[/snapback]

Well I personally love Shulman #2 - so I wanted to at least have #1 to go with it. And hell, I had all the Aleph Zero releases up until now, why not collect the label? It's a really decent label, and instead of buying one of their previous releases to support them, why not buy this? OMG sounds like an amazing track though (judging on samples) - so even if the whole album is a piece of poo, I'll still have that track. :)

I'm also thinking of getting Dub Trees... This is turning into a serious Posford order.. :lol:

I'm also thinking of getting Dub Trees... This is turning into a serious Posford order..  :lol:

533105[/snapback]

Perhaps I won't get these.. list has gone up to 17 (the two Androcell albums :D )

Still not sure about Elve (this would be number 18 if I ordered it)

Perhaps I won't get these.. list has gone up to 17 (the two Androcell albums  :D )

Still not sure about Elve (this would be number 18 if I ordered it)

534684[/snapback]

You hear that radi? 18!