Ka-Sol - Fairytale

SkeletonMan

Unfortunately most of the tracks here are just some random bleeping and scraping noises with mediocre arrangement and very simplistic music otherwise. There's a few brilliant moments in the latter half the album though.

I give it 4/10.

Oh, and there's not really anything uplifting about this... it's dark psytrance just like the Ghost Story and would probably fit better with the Schlab label.

• 4 years later...
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel the album has a nice sound to it but has no real purpose and no direction. I liken it to a pretty horse gone mad, running around aimlessly, sometimes looking elegant, but ultimately needing to be put down.

It's interesting that Deathposture says "Forget about boring, lengthy and pretentious intros… Ka-Sol is grinding teeth right from the first second…" as it highlights how different aspects of a song are interpreted in different ways. My personal opinion on the lack of intros is that it stinks of lazyness. I love slow-building and lengthy intros, they're easily one of my favourite parts to a track, they set the atmosphere and lead you, by the hand, down the garden path and through the hole in the wall.

To conclude, whilst I initially thought Fairytale deserving of a 7/10, repeated play has revealed it only worthy of a 6/10.

Average at best.

:D:D:lol::lol:

While i understand all those sentiments , this release is pure GOLD. i have not heard better 'psychedelic' in the purest sense of the term, manifesting the mind in ways you never expect music to. sickness ... :wub:

• 3 weeks later...