Dimension 5

snowball

My god this is the real thing!True psychedelia,melodies that make your mind change dimensions on every octave

Trance used to be sooooo good!

why has everything gone so wrong lately?

if i played this on a festival dont you think people would appreciate it more than a boring skazi - accelera?

:(

like every genre, psytrance is always evolving, and sadly not to a good direction.

we'll see better days (:

527141[/snapback]

Let's hope so. Let's hope it rises, phoenix-like, from the ashes and amazes and delights us once more.

My god this is the real thing!True psychedelia,melodies that make your mind change dimensions on every octave

if i played this on a festival dont you think people would appreciate it more than a boring skazi - accelera?

527058[/snapback]

You are so right and i´am angry about that every day but i can´t do anything, dimension 5 rocked also and they had a very good production quality for that time but now psytrance which is fullon today is one of the worst musicgenres i know, i´am listening to the very old butterfly trip from astral projection which is so dman good that i cna´t believe todays astral is the same than astral on that time, sorry it wasn´t exactly about this topic.

you can always listen the old stuff. no need to complain.  :)

527142[/snapback]

i have no prob listening to my favorite cds at home,BUT all of the new psytrance fans(excluding me) that werent present when the scene started dont even know what goa is all about.a friend of mine gave some psy with killargh rolling basslines and fx all over the place and told me its goa!

its ridiculus!

they just listen to what everybody is listening,and dont even care to look for older stuff!

i really doubt it that they would be displeased if they went to a festival where old-school artists played!and i dont understand why there arent any festivals like this?

is it cz the artists stopped producing?then why not just play a dj set?or maybe people will not go if their favorite artists will not appear?

we need fresh blood! ;)

Guest Astro Cortex

i really doubt it that they would be displeased if they went to a festival where old-school artists played!and i dont understand why there arent any festivals like this?

is it cz the artists stopped producing?then why not just play a dj set?or maybe people will not go if their favorite artists will not appear?

527212[/snapback]

I guess the simple reason is that of commercial profit. The more new music gets played at parties, the higher the chance that people will buy the new releases afterwards. I know it's a sad thing, but these days oldschool psy, if at all, is only played at smaller/private events I suppose.

If you ask me, there should always be some of the old classics played at bigger festivals, if only for the sake of chronological variety. :)

If you ask me, there should always be some of the old classics played at bigger festivals, if only for the sake of chronological variety. :)

527218[/snapback]

exactly.we need more diversity. ;):)

i have no prob listening to my favorite cds at home,BUT all of the new psytrance fans(excluding me) that werent present when the scene started dont even know what goa is all about.a friend of mine gave some psy with killargh rolling basslines and fx all over the place and told me its goa!

its ridiculus!

they just listen to what everybody is listening,and dont even care to look for older stuff!

we need fresh blood! ;)

527212[/snapback]

well I'm not sure if other people's taste in music is a thing to be conserned about.

what sort of feelings does fullon offer to those people who listen to it? I'm sure same sort of euphoric emotions as some get from goa. So is it really a big thing what a person listens to? No.

the problem number two. fullon dominates the psy genre and very little goa is being produced. but goa has been produced lots. just dig through the old stuff. even if not much goa is produced these days, there's plenty of it! (like I formerly announced)

the problem number three. there's no parties where goa is played. well, look at me. look at my sig. I noticed the same thing and did something about it. You don't even need an artist to organize a goa party. just a dj who knows his/her business.

well I'm not sure if other people's taste in music is a thing to be conserned about.

what sort of feelings does fullon offer to those people who listen to it? I'm sure same sort of euphoric emotions as some get from goa. So is it really a big thing what a person listens to? No.

the problem number two. fullon dominates the psy genre and very little goa is being produced. but goa has been produced lots. just dig through the old stuff. even if not much goa is produced these days, there's plenty of it! (like I formerly announced)

the problem number three. there's no parties where goa is played. well, look at me. look at my sig. I noticed the same thing and did something about it. You don't even need an artist to organize a goa party. just a dj who knows his/her business.

527258[/snapback]

i see your point,but it requires a lot of digging to find those albums. ;)

from what i can understand from your sig you are organizing an oldschool party?

good!

i think that if we are to start doing festivals,we are going to rely on DJ's not on artists,but i fear that a lot of people are "attached" to the artists!

we have been pushed underground!(again)

:mellow:

527058[/snapback]

it has not gone wrong ;)! that is just whyning IMO.

oldschool goa trance would suck today, because all artists would simply copy eachother just like fullon do it right now. thats how it happens when something goes into masses, it all gets diluted. i prefer to see scene [musically] the way it is now [approximately] instead of one style dominating, it would go boring and shitty, worn out, all this "magic" would be lost anyway.

you can always listen the old stuff. no need to complain.  :)

527142[/snapback]

yes :)!

it has not gone wrong ;)! that is just whyning IMO.

oldschool goa trance would suck today, because all artists would simply copy eachother just like fullon do it right now. thats how it happens when something goes into masses, it all gets diluted. i prefer to see scene [musically] the way it is now [approximately] instead of one style dominating, it would go boring and shitty, worn out, all this "magic" would be lost anyway.

yes :)!

527420[/snapback]

but there is absolutely no goa made these days,its only fullon

To be honest I can't take most Old Goa. Too wishy washy :(

527488[/snapback]

I would almost say I'm not seeing you 10.6. :D

ps. sorry to say this, but your sound system really takes a lot of edge off from goa. :(

really? :)

tell me tell me!

527489[/snapback]

www.aavepyora.net

full on is rarely psychedelic. :huh:

527445[/snapback]

Fullon isn´t psychedelic at all and has nothing to do with psychedelic, some industrial metal like rammstein and korn and linkin park and some apocalyptica have way more to do with psychedelic trance than fullon, even bulgarian or greek folkmusic have more to do with psychedelic trance than fullon, it is a very different genre that has nothing to do at all with psychedelic or goa trance except the new mfg album because it is not exactly fullon and the bassline isn´t exactly fullonish, the classical fullon bassline is used for example by electronic universe and all the other artists which i don´t know and which aren´t worth mentioning.

Fullon isn´t psychedelic at all and has nothing to do with psychedelic, some industrial metal like rammstein and korn and linkin park and some apocalyptica have way more to do with psychedelic trance than fullon, even bulgarian or greek folkmusic have more to do with psychedelic trance than fullon, it is a very different genre that has nothing to do at all with psychedelic or goa trance except the new mfg album because it is not exactly fullon and the bassline isn´t exactly fullonish, the classical fullon bassline is used for example by electronic universe and all the other artists which i don´t know and which aren´t worth mentioning.

527521[/snapback]

HA HA HA!