The rude sonica staff

I went to Sonica festival last year and although the staff and service disgusted me, the music was awesome, I decided to return this year because the lineup is something out of a dream.

In keeping with last years tradition, the ticket purchase system is confusing and doesnt make much sense to people who are not italian (likewise for the so-called "how to get there" directions). Appearently once you ordered the ticket you get a very vague email and a barcode. I was confused and replied asking kindly whether actual tickets would be mailed to me later. Here's what the friendly and service-minded italian sonica people replied:

"hallo! wake up!!

you won't receive any ticket!!

You just have the bar code you have to show at the entrance gate together

with your ID...

thank you!!"

:D

I was laughing so hard. Appearently the Sonica customers are stupid for asking questions! It seems that Sonica has decided to uphold its tradition of rude staff and common italian concept of "customerservice". One asks a very legitimate question and a sour italian with what looks to be excessive stomach acid and a drug problem responds in this childish manner :rolleyes:

Although amusing I am not discouraged by it. Im definetely going for the music but I will not support Sonica festival by purchasing their bad, expensive food from their lazy staff. Just goes to show you how Italian customerservice works. Cya at sonica but don't expect to be treated well.

Forza Italia :D

• 2 weeks later...

I went to Sonica festival last year and although the staff and service disgusted me, the music was awesome, I decided to return this year because the lineup is something out of a dream.

In keeping with last years tradition, the ticket purchase system is confusing and doesnt make much sense to people who are not italian (likewise for the so-called "how to get there" directions). Appearently once you ordered the ticket you get a very vague email and a barcode. I was confused and replied asking kindly whether actual tickets would be mailed to me later. Here's what the friendly and service-minded italian sonica people replied:

"hallo! wake up!!

you won't receive any ticket!!

You just have the bar code you have to show at the entrance gate together

with your ID...

thank you!!"

:D

I was laughing so hard. Appearently the Sonica customers are stupid for asking questions! It seems that Sonica has decided to uphold its tradition of rude staff and common italian concept of "customerservice". One asks a very legitimate question and a sour italian with what looks to be excessive stomach acid and a drug problem responds in this childish manner :rolleyes:

Although amusing I am not discouraged by it. Im definetely going for the music but I will not support Sonica festival by purchasing their bad, expensive food from their lazy staff. Just goes to show you how Italian customerservice works. Cya at sonica but don't expect to be treated well.

Forza Italia  :D

526805[/snapback]

that sucks man!

I hate these type of organizers

and yeah I thought the ticket buying system was very confusing too

im also goign there, and hopefully wont have a problem with them

Not very good service, I agree, but I think you're unfair concerning Italians in general. I've been in Italy 5 times so far, one time as an exchange-student, and my impression of the Italians is very positive.

See you at Sonica, can't wait!

well, actually the code bar should be enough to get you inside Sonica.

it sucks when you have to put up with that kind of attitude, banjankri. <_<

so .. the Sonica organisers are actually italians?

anyway, hallo, wake up! :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

Hey hallo wake up! :D

Well, first sorry for the rude reply... Was actually not supposed to be rude, maybe just funny!! Anyway sorry, don't know who answered that mail, buti apologize for him.

About restaurants, they are not owned by Sonica at all, if people working there are lazy, and, mostly, they are not italians!! People from all over the world are renting spots in Sonica to set up a restaurant, so you are wrong in what you are saying.

I can tell you that this is the first complain we receive from customers about they have been treated at sonica. We know about the dust, and we are solving that problem, but no one told us we have been rude or with bad attitudes... And you can check if there was any complain on other forums about this issue...

I wouldn't defend myself and my festival if you were right, I am sorry for that wrong email, but from there to say that italians are lazy and you will not support the festival gives me a bad feeling, since we are truly doing our best to satisfy people.

Anyway since you are coming, please come to meet me if you have time and I would love to hear from you what you think of Sonica.

Respect,

Edoardo

Hey hallo wake up!  :D

Well, first sorry for the rude reply... Was actually not supposed to be rude, maybe just funny!! Anyway sorry, don't know who answered that mail, buti apologize for him.

551098[/snapback]

When people's money are the subject of a contact, it's best that you show a serious attitude rather than a "funny" one. You are the organisers of a big festival, you have big responsibilities, so you should act serious .. that's what people that buy your tickets expect. Seriousity.

Plus it's all international, different countries have different languages, different cultures, different minds and different sense of humour. What might be a good joke for you, might be a bad joke for another person.

Good luck with Sonica 2006 and hope to be there in 2007! Have fun! :D

You are right Moni, that's why I apologized.

I know was not the right way to answer that mail, but it was (wrongly) supposed to be a joke.

Anyway, hope, banjankri, you will change your mind this year!

551183[/snapback]

Well, showing up here and replying to his complaint shows a good attitude from your side. I've been an organiser myself and i know it's not easy to solve all details in the world, and to make everything perfect for everybody. Especially with the stress level and the sleepless nights and etc.

:)

Banjankri, i wouldn't be so upset on the food-shops at festivals. Food and hanging out at restaurants is not the main attraction of a festival. Take the money, give me the food and i'll go mind my own bussiness. Shops in festivals are independent from the organisers, as Neurobiotic said.

Aloha! Just thought I should add that I had a problem with my ticket for Sonica...I posted my problem on another psy forum and I got a response straight away from from Edoardo (neurobiotic) offering to sort out my problem! It's been all good on the service front from the Sonica staff as far as I'm concerned. Bravo :)