your fav non psy?

technosomy

i know this isn't exactly relevant directly,but i know alot of you have diverse music tastes like myself,and i would like to share my favorites this year so far.

and please share yours

tool - 10000 days

red hot chillipeppers - stadium arcadium - absolutely fantastic their best ever imo

gnarles barkley - saint elswhere

placebo - meds

yeah yeah yeahs

the grates

wolfmother (late last year but still a fav, as is fuzzy breaks 2 and system of a down)

mclusky - mcluskyism

nin - with teet (another late last year)

:D

526784[/snapback]

Here's some of my this years alternative jewels...

Antony and the Johnsons - I am a bird now

http://www.discogs.com/release/390473

yea, I know it was released 2005 but I discovered it in 2006 :lol: and I must say, it's a beauty.

In Flames - come clarity

http://www.discogs.com/release/619274

love it... hehe

Tool - 10,000 days

http://www.discogs.com/release/682769

:wub: grrrrreat album

Matisyahu - youth

http://www.discogs.com/release/637869

this is a very good album. saw him live about a month ago, and it was one of the best gigs I have seen. I recommend this one very much...

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why?

What´s wrong with the ones i mentioned?

530144[/snapback]

you are saved

have been let out of the slammer

given money and a girl

and sent on your way!!!!!!!!!!!!!

any one who mentions bathory is god

(except for quorthon he is the only god R.I.P)

Currently:

Posted Image

(especially the title song)

But it varies :)

Generally it's some viking metal, some folk metal and some dark medieval ambient that I like very much besides the psytrance/ambient stuff.

And ... oh yeah, how could I forget that! THIS one will be one of my forever non psy favourites:

Posted Image

(don't bother checking out his recent stuff though ... it's no good <_< ... this was his best album (besides the medieval ambient he did before) ... and there will never follow another masterpiece like that :( )

The Cure

Joy Division

Ballet Mecanique

The Doors

Einstürzende Neubauten

The Smiths

Siouxie and the Banshees

The Knife

Smashing Pumpkins

Mayhem

Dark Throne

Lush

Isengard

Kraftwerk

Soft cell

Visage

Depeche Mode

Mercyful Fate

Radiohead

Bauhaus

Pink floyd

The Clash

...and the list could go on and on... But if you add some punk (also a lot o' mid-60s garage), some indierock, some new romantics and some more metal it should be a bit more complete...

What, on the other hand, makes puke is 99% of the soul and rap shit on Mtv, on the radio and... feels like it's everywhere.. The musical crap seems to be centered about the vocals and lyrics but at the same time the lyrics are mostly some lame shallow shit about how cool an attitude they got or about the tough streetlife in the gettho, while they actually sit in their 2 million$ mansions, cut away from anything that has to do with the lives of people in ghettos... And then there is all the usual pre-teen crap like timberlake, britney and boybands and so on and on and on...

uuuh. yeah. doesn't quite match the caliber of the other artists.

lets drop primus and then add led zeppelin and ozzy osbourne's solo work with randy rhoads.

I still enjoy some primus now and then tho...  ;)

529968[/snapback]

Wtf? Drop primus because some guy like Overdose doesn't like it? You don't feel fully accepted in this shitty scene now or something?

Fuck it!

PRIMUS are great! Best bassguitarist in this goddamn shit world... Also they are more "psychedelic" than any psy/goa trance artist could ever imagine.. (just look at their acidic videoclips and listen to that great fat acidic slapping bassguitar)... Bizarro stuff to the max!.

Eminem

Celine dion

Mariah carey

Black eyed peas

The streets

skazi

Ramones

Thin lizzy

Bathory

Caniball corpse

Opeth

infected mushroom

Bon jovi

missy elliot

Shakira

Franz ferdinand

Oasis

Blur

This list can go on for ever,but these artists are the ones worth mention.

530119[/snapback]

Worth mentioning ? :huh:

User Banned.

530124[/snapback]

Somehow agree... :D Sorry Detect... ;)

Wtf? Drop primus because some guy like Overdose doesn't like it? You don't feel fully accepted in this shitty scene now or something?

Fuck it!

PRIMUS are great! Best bassguitarist in this goddamn shit world... Also they are more "psychedelic" than any psy/goa trance artist could ever imagine.. (just look at their acidic videoclips and listen to that great fat acidic slapping bassguitar)... Bizarro stuff to the max!.

535561[/snapback]

oh yeah, you used the psychedelia-meter again.. :rolleyes:

;)

Fuck it!

535561[/snapback]

I used to like Primus until I found all their music sounds the same. It's been a while, but I'm sure I'd still enjoy My Name is Mud and Hamburger Train if I heard them again.

I used to like Primus until I found all their music sounds the same. It's been a while, but I'm sure I'd still enjoy My Name is Mud and Hamburger Train if I heard them again.

535667[/snapback]

I like the South Park intro tune they did :)

Fuck it!

535561[/snapback]

You can't fool all of the people all of the time and you're right - I shouldn't let others sway my opinions so easily. Screw acceptance - this is about debate.

I dig Primus's first album, the Brown album and Antipop. Really wacky lyrics and wacky music. I like them for being bizarro to the max. They belong in a class of their own really.

So therefore - this post is dedicated to Primus - my favourite bizarro side of the moon band.

Tool

Gorillaz

Björk

Ozrics

Finntroll

Looptroop/Promoe

Mobbade Barn med Automatvapen/PstQ/Organism12

Timbuktu

The Kristet Utseende

The prodigy

Enya

Edward Shearmur

Chords

Maiden

Metallica

Rage Against the Machine

B)

• 9 months later...

Erm... Ill go by artist, its easier..

Ray Charles

Stevie Wonder

The Beatles

Marvin Gaye

Aretha Franklin

Gladys Knight

Ray Lamontagne

Sam Cooke

Taylor Hicks (the dude from american idol)

Anyways, me loves some soul/old rnb...

My girlfriend recently introduced me to his work. It's beautiful.

i could fill a book with non-psy stuff i like to listen. i listen more non-psy stuff than psystuff actually. because i like making lists, stuff i love includes...

The Mars Volta

Portugal. The Man (album of the year 2006 i dare say)

Christ

Godspeed You Black Emperor

Queen Adreena / KJ Garside...i'd marry her!

Placebo

Cat Power

Dream Theater

Héroes Del Silencio

Death Cab For Cutie

Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds

Trentemoller

Porcupine Tree

At The Drive-In

Opeth

Moby

Bjork

Joanna Newsom

D. Diggler

Ellen Allien

etc.

no use, really :D but it was fun.

No matter how cliched or average it may sound, I thouroughly enjoy listening to the U2 sound prior to the "Zooropa" album. Their 1991 release "Achtung baby" is IMO one of the nicest, most well accomplished musical pieces of all times, both sonically and lirically. While I still consider "The joshua tree" in the all time top 5 albums- it is a unique clash of superb, highly intelligent and emotional text writting, with wonderful production by Brian Eno and Daniel Lanois, topped of by the "infinite guitar", courtesy of The Edge...

I enjoy the leaders of the conscious hip hop movement, Public Enemy.

I like the californian multi talented instrumental DJ/producer DJ Shadow.

I simply adore the debut album by a once great, Queensbridge based lirycist Nasir Jones AKA Nas. The album was released in 1994, and it's called "Illmatic"! It is superb. The beats are some of the nicestto ever come out of the big apple.

And my all time favorite hip hop act of all times- Organized Konfusion. They released only three albums before parting, but all three are classics. No doubt.

As for my favorite electronic music performers (non psy ones) they would be the manysided Laurent Garnier and Sven Vath, especially because of his first two classic albums, "Accident in paradise" and "The Harlequin, the beauty and the beast"!!!

I listen more to non psy then psy,

lot's of ragga, reggea, dub, ska, psychedelic rock, rock, hip hop, old skool rap, elektro, funk, house and etc...

but to give an artist,

shoot: the cure voila ;)

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh thanks guys for dragging this back out of the gutter!!

sssssssssooooooooooooooooooo whats happening this year

well for me i am still in mourning for quorthons death.

but besides that

i have been enjoying listening to the old school again and awaiting so eagerly for releases this year including....

new guns n roses (which was scheduled for march 6 but alas delayed again

new danzig, nine inch nails, pj harvey, pendulum,and so many more i am forgetting

but at the moment listening to some songs by the most talented singer and peformer ever...

groucho marx (in fact all the brothers should be included)

and enjoying some good old fashioned punk rock the queen of punk...

wendy orlean williams and the plasmatics, and in the same sentence on the next track is....

taika kim off goddess guerilla falsobordone.

fuck i am so messed up (but happy)

(and still messed up)

so lets rock

:P

SWORDFISH!! :ph34r:

Jimi hendrix , the doors , led zeplin , pink floyd , Grateful dead , Jethro tull , DAft Punk , Duran duran Simon and garfunkel , some mettalica , boards of canada , jamaroqui , Korn , pearl jam , nirvana , santana , Rob zombie , maryln manson , some madonna , the rolling stones , moby , crash test dummies , bob marley , eric clapton , roxette , the eagles and loads of Sufi and Indian Folk music.

:)

Trivium

Stone Sour

The Killers

Kyuss

Rammstein

Hayseed Dixie

Prince

Pig Iron

Gorillaz

Lou Rhodes

Martha Wainwright

Lily Allen

Mika

Snow patrol

Zutons

and lots more besides!!!

FRONT LINE ASSEMBLY

VELVET ACID CHRIST

NINE INCH NAILS

RADIOHEAD

FRONT 242

DELERIUM

LAIBACH

SPEEDY J

BIOSPHERE

KRAFTWERK

NOISE UNIT

THE ORBITAL

THE PRODIGY

UNDERWORLD

SOURCE EXPERIENCE

CHEMICAL BROTHERS

2 LONE SWORDSMEN

SQUAREPUSHER

PLASTIKMAN

APHEX TWIN

AMON TOBIN

RONI SIZE

COLDCUT

THE ORB

FLUKE

BJORK

YELLO

TOOL

FSOL

LSG

Dude. I don't understand why you compare 'psychedelicness' and the statement 'more psychedelic than any psy/goa trance artist could ever imagine' seems a bit too absolute to me, since psychedelia in art is subjective enough... I have found various music to be very psychedelic & trippy , ranging from goa trance to dark psychedelic trance, to ambient ,to techno, IDM or even Rhytmic Noise or Krautrock. I haven't heard to Primus , what style is he? Any album to recommend me?

okay, I have a very diverse taste, I dont care what style or box it fits in..

Tool

FSOL

Prodigy

Cold Cut

Richie Hawtin/Plastikman

Floyd

Zeppelin

Deicide

Morbid Angel

Dimmu Borgir (earlier stuff)

Amon Amarth ( :D )

Pantera

Metallica (anything before Load)

Megadeth

Anthrax

Daft Punk

Vivaldi

DeBussey

Jean Michel Jarre

the Doors

most cheesy 80s synthpop

most cheesy club/eurotrance

NiN

Filter (first album, then *plop*)

Placebo, to an extent

Front 242

Chemical Brothers

Dust Brothers (fight club soundtrack!)

Orbital

Frankie Bones

Black Sabbath

Rhapsody (to an extent)

Portishead

Bjork

Nirvana

Smashing Pumpkins (Gish, Siamese Dream :wub: )

Cyprus Hill (to an extent )

NOFX

Anti Flag

Dead Kennedys (probably my all time favorite non-electronic group, Frankenchrist :wub: )

the Vandals (funny motherfuckers, too bad they suck now)

the Specials

Fishbone

Reel Big Fish

(they had some great, and fun as hell, ska parties in Honolulu...)

Doc Watson (bluegrass, which apparently is pretty popular in Germany. My dad's band CLICK played gigs in Bavaria around the end of 04)

I like what I like.