How many percent of the music you listen

RTP

Never the less I still think it's good to listen to as many styles as possible to keep the diversity.

526474[/snapback]

Are you listening to bad music for the sake of diversity?

I'm pretty sure you didn't mean it like that hehe

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you listening to bad music for the sake of diversity?

I'm pretty sure you didn't mean it like that hehe

526479[/snapback]

Of course I didn't mean it in that way. :rolleyes:

I just wanted to say that it wouldn't hurt for some people to check out different styles withtout the attitued "it will suck anyway". But I don't mean anybody in particular, it was more of a general comment. :)

Of course I didn't mean it in that way. :rolleyes:

I just wanted to say that it wouldn't hurt for some people to check out different styles withtout the attitued "it will suck anyway". But I don't mean anybody in particular, it was more of a general comment. :)

526484[/snapback]

hehe, yes ofcourse :)

I can have a hard time give other styles a chance (if it's not electronic). But I'm working on it.

If you lhear a good track don´t you repeat it 5/6 times or so? I do it

526473[/snapback]

No, I'll sometimes play it twice, maybe 3 times in a row but that's my limit. After that I begin disliking it. Familiarity breeds contempt, as they say.

hehe, yes ofcourse :)

I can have a hard time give other styles a chance (if it's not electronic). But I'm working on it.

526486[/snapback]

At least you try it, that's all I ask from people. I just know too much people that only listen to one style without thinking and that's a thing I have a very hard time to accept. But to each his own. Maybe electronica is enough to keep you happy, so enjoy it.

70% goa

30% ambient

i used to listen to all sorts of electronic music but as i removed them from my hard drive for space reasons,i only listen to psy and ambient.

this goes for when i can choose my music,if i cant choose it,there isnt a style that bothers me,except rnb and rap and all that shit.

Guest Astro Cortex

By the way, AC, I noticed you've been listening to HIA and Namlook. Do you have the original(s), or is that some online dealio? Also, do you by any chance have HIA and Deep Space Network?

526142[/snapback]

You asked me that same question (about S.H.A.D.O) a couple of weeks ago. :blink::lol:

Yeah, I do have the original discs. I don't have HIA & DSN, why are you asking?

Another monster classic HIA album is their first one (Colorform) btw.

You asked me that same question (about S.H.A.D.O) a couple of weeks ago. :blink:  :lol:

Yeah, I do have the original discs. I don't have HIA & DSN, why are you asking?

Another monster classic HIA album is their first one (Colorform) btw.

526571[/snapback]

A couple weeks ago??? :blink::lol: No I didn't. I swear. :lol: I do now recollect perhaps asking several months ago, and have since forgotten, and it wasn't quite the same context if I recall. I just get sort of geeked out when I see those specific albums because I honestly don't know how to listen to them without spending $500 at eBay. I'm a huge HIA fan, and really enjoy Moufang and Namlook's stuff, too. Have they rereleased these albums anywhere yet, like they did with Polar Sequences?

Sorry for being repetetive. :ph34r:

Guest Astro Cortex

A couple weeks ago???  :blink:  :lol:  No I didn't. I swear.  :lol:  I do now recollect perhaps asking several months ago, and have since forgotten, and it wasn't quite the same context if I recall. I just get sort of geeked out when I see those specific albums because I honestly don't know how to listen to them without spending $500 at eBay. I'm a huge HIA fan, and really enjoy Moufang and Namlook's stuff, too. Have they rereleased these albums anywhere yet, like they did with Polar Sequences?

Sorry for being repetetive.  :ph34r:

526609[/snapback]

Haha, no problem, I wasn't annoyed or anything. Weeks, months, what the hell :rolleyes:

You know, I like discussing such stuff, no matter how repetitive ;)

To answer your question (again! :ph34r: ) , they're neither re-released nor have I heard about plans of doing so. Unfortunately eBay seems to be about the only way to get hold of the discs. Still, S.H.A.D.O 1&2 are far from being the priciest Fax items. 500$ is a bit exaggerated, I'd never pay that much for a CD. The most I ever paid for a single disc was about 70$ for Music to Films, whereas the S.H.A.D.Os normally go for 30-40$ I suppose. Or even less, if you're patient enough....

What other HIA releases would you recommend? I don't have anything apart from Colourform and the S.H.A.D.O's. Polar Sequences is said to be great. Is Freefloater any good (i.e. how does it compare to Colourform)?

//sorry for getting OT

Haha, no problem, I wasn't annoyed or anything. Weeks, months, what the hell :rolleyes:

You know, I like discussing such stuff, no matter how repetitive ;)

To answer your question (again! :ph34r: ) , they're neither re-released nor have I heard about plans of doing so. Unfortunately eBay seems to be about the only way to get hold of the discs. Still, S.H.A.D.O 1&2 are far from being the priciest Fax items. 500$ is a bit exaggerated, I'd never pay that much for a CD. The most I ever paid for a single disc was about 70$ for Music to Films, whereas the S.H.A.D.Os normally go for 30-40$ I suppose. Or even less, if you're patient enough....

What other HIA releases would you recommend? I don't have anything apart from Colourform and the S.H.A.D.O's. Polar Sequences is said to be great. Is Freefloater any good (i.e. how does it compare to Colourform)?

//sorry for getting OT

526630[/snapback]

I know that some people are impartial to Colourform, but I find Freefloater to be by far the better and more sophisticated of the two. The track Skank is what turned me on to IDM initially. Then again, it's probably a case of which you hear first is the one you prefer.

Birmingham Frequencies is nice ambient stuff, more chilled than previous albums. And Polar Sequences is totally chilled, but of course much of that is Biosphere's influence.

Oh hey, by the way, AC, do you have the original S.H.A.D.O. and DSN disks? :P

Guest Astro Cortex

I know that some people are impartial to Colourform, but I find Freefloater to be by far the better and more sophisticated of the two. The track Skank is what turned me on to IDM initially. Then again, it's probably a case of which you hear first is the one you prefer.

Birmingham Frequencies is nice ambient stuff, more chilled than previous albums. And Polar Sequences is totally chilled, but of course much of that is Biosphere's influence.

Cool, gonna put those albums on my to-buy-some-time list then :)

Oh hey, by the way, AC, do you have the original S.H.A.D.O. and DSN disks?  :P

526667[/snapback]

Same goes for the DSN albums Earth II Infinity and Big Rooms - classics I've yet to hear.

But on the other hand there's the I.F. project (DSN & Dr. Atmo) with two albums on Fax, the 2nd one of which is farking excellent, though pretty rare. I'm still hoping to hunt down the first one some day, but it's a bitch on eBay :rolleyes:

And then Move D's brilliant Solitaire album has to be mentioned too, and it's also quite easy to get hold of....

*Oldschool Goa Trance, Suomisaundi & Nitzhonot: 40%

*Reggae, Ska, Ragga & Dancehall: 15%

*Ragga Jungle & Drum 'n' Bass: 10%

*Mainstream Hardcore (Holland Style): 10%

*UK Happy Hardcore & Makina: 10%

*Breakcore & other obscure, rude Industrial music: 5%

*IDM & Dark Ambient: 5%

*Belgian Jump, German Hardtrance & other miserable genres: 5%

Eat this (:

Okay maybe it is a bit too much but 1 to 2 hours at once for sure, in some cases i just play some positions of a track and repeat them because i like them so much.

526472[/snapback]

that just ruins the track (for me) :)

If I hear a very good track I might play it even 5-6 times a day for many days in a row, but still not repeatedly.

radi even you know with that tactic you have you just get bored to the track.

Mmm....

60% Chill/Ambient

10% Electro House

15% Old rnb/blues/soul music (marvin gaye, otis redding, ray charles, stevie wonder, etc)

5% Psytrance Classics

5% Hip-hop (not when im home tho)

5% random stuff like classical, brazilian pop music, bossa, jazz, blues (which also count as old music lol)

Guest Astro Cortex

It should be exactly like that man, i´am the same with music, i can´t understnad how someone for example can listen 20% to psy and 30 to Fclassic for example, it somehow don´t goes well IMO, if i find a new psytrack i like i listen to it 2 or 3 hours at once.

526453[/snapback]

Okay maybe it is a bit too much but 1 to 2 hours at once for sure, in some cases i just play some positions of a track and repeat them because i like them so much.

526472[/snapback]

I have to agree with Charlie and Oopie, especially the repeating of single track sections is just sick :rolleyes:

I normally avoid listening to a track more than once a day, and I don't play the same CD on two consecutive days.

But again, to each their own. I've heard of people who listen to the same CD 10+ times a day, but even with beatless ambient it wouldn't make any sense to me.

that just ruins the track (for me) :)

If I hear a very good track I might play it even 5-6 times a day for many days in a row, but still not repeatedly.

radi even you know with that tactic you have you just get bored to the track.

526734[/snapback]

If i hear good tracks i feel the feeling that i can´t get enough of them, it sometimes happens that i hear a track 5 days very often and than let it for one month or so because i can´t listen to it anymore.

depends on the time of my life.. now its something like:

50% electro house, prog house, prog trance, tech house, electro

40% chill

10% hendrix, doors, pink floyd etc

50 % rock/grunge/alternative

20 % Goa/Progressive

20 % Ambient/Chill/jazz/dub/Reggae/elecro

10 % other

The Doors alone takes atleast 30 % of my listening time :lol:

This is just a guess, and im probably completely wrong but here goes:

Psy/Goa - 15%

Chill - 20%

Metal - 15%

60's/70's rock (mostly psychedlic stuff) - 20%

Punk (mostly dead kennedys) - 5%

Popish music (bands people have heard of ;)) - 5%

Rap - 5%

Classical/Sound tracks - 10% (this includes classic middle-eastern/indian stuff)

Other stuff 5% (mostly really old jazz from the 30s/40s and some instrumental guitar)

60 % psytrance

5 % psychill

5 % ambient

10 % miscellaneous electronic music

5 % Pink Floyd

15 % others (pop, rock, funny music etc.)

Counting the music i listen to at friends houses and such... Otherwise "others" would be smaller and the rest a bit larger.

I don't know why I listen so much to psytrance... It feels a bit unintelligent.