RTP

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is hardcore about it ?  :rolleyes:  :unsure:

526162[/snapback]

yeah... where's the hardcore?

I don't think anyone listed hardcore yet!!!

I used to be more varied and I would listen to rock and hip hop, blues, jazz and even a bit of pop. But over the last few years I only intentionally listen to

Psy Trance - 55%

Chillout - 40%

Classical - 5%

They are the only genres I really want to listen to :wub:

What's hardcore about it is it's all electronic music. That's dedication.

526202[/snapback]

Ummm, yeah, you are quite right, but I've only listed music I mostly listen to, I do listen to some classical, ethno and alternative on its way, just much much less these years cause you are right, I entirely dedicated myself to electronic music, there is just too much of it, you never seem to listen quite enough... :D:rolleyes:

What's hardcore about it is it's all electronic music. That's dedication.

526202[/snapback]

I was referring the genre of electronic music...

hardcore here...go to the audio and listen to a set... I'd give that a 1 % of my listening... but enjoy it when the mood hits me...

You're all a bunch of electro-heads.

526104[/snapback]

Comes es a surprise, he?

It's a bit difficult to say in percentages but if you don't count the radio (because I'm forced to listen to it if I wanna listen to music during office hours) it might be something like this:

70% psy/goa/full-on and so on

10% rock/metal/hard rock/punk and everything else with guitar

10% trance and other electronical music (sometimes it's more and I listen to less psy)

1% ambient

9% pop, hip-hop, charts and the rest in general

Dificult to quantify into a % but I'd say...

Chill-ambient-downbeat (non-"dance"-electronica): 35%

Prog/psy: 35%

House/Techno/Electro/D'n'B/...: 20%

Non Electronica (Hiphop, Metal, New wave, Hardcore,...) : 10%

I was like that once, more fanatical maybe. For two, maybe three years, betwen 1995 and 1998, 90% of what I listened to was psy trance.

526139[/snapback]

I once listened to 99% trance music. DJ Tiesto and his companions. Was pretty fanatic back then as well and damned every other music genre to hell without even knowing it.

Luckily one day I got the bigger picture :)

Now I hate trance for it reminds me of that phase back then :P

Guest Astro Cortex

I was like that once, more fanatical maybe. For two, maybe three years, betwen 1995 and 1998, 90% of what I listened to was psy trance.

526139[/snapback]

Of course I was like that too when I first discovered psy, but after a few years I also ODed on it in some way, and began to explore other genres, step by step.

I entirely dedicated myself to electronic music, there is just too much of it, you never seem to listen quite enough... :D  :rolleyes:

526211[/snapback]

You're soo damn right, there's more than enough to sink your teeth in.

Yeah, that is a lot. It would all start to blur together for me after that much listening.

526142[/snapback]

Well, the thing is, after listening to psychedelic music for so long, it all sounds very different for me! :) I could put my cds into 50 subcategories if I want, all good enough for a certain mood :)

goa trance: 80%

ambient: 15%

rest: 5% (some folk and classical mainly)

pretty boring huh  :blink:  :huh:

526116[/snapback]

It should be exactly like that man, i´am the same with music, i can´t understnad how someone for example can listen 20% to psy and 30 to Fclassic for example, it somehow don´t goes well IMO, if i find a new psytrack i like i listen to it 2 or 3 hours at once.

It should be exactly like that man, i´am the same with music, i can´t understnad how someone for example can listen 20% to psy and 30 to Fclassic for example, it somehow don´t goes well IMO, if i find a new psytrack i like i listen to it 2 or 3 hours at once.

526453[/snapback]

2-3 hours in a row? :lol:

526453[/snapback]

Radi, you're fucking nuts. I could never play the same track repeatedly for 2 or 3 hours. No matter how good a tune it was I'd end up hating it for ever.

2-3 hours in a row? :lol:

526465[/snapback]

Okay maybe it is a bit too much but 1 to 2 hours at once for sure, in some cases i just play some positions of a track and repeat them because i like them so much.

Radi, you're fucking nuts. I could never play the same track repeatedly for 2 or 3 hours. No matter how good a tune it was I'd end up hating it for ever.

526470[/snapback]

If you lhear a good track don´t you repeat it 5/6 times or so? I do it

Okay maybe it is a bit too much but 1 to 2 hours at once for sure, in some cases i just play some positions of a track and repeat them because i like them so much.

526472[/snapback]

I also can isely listen to the same tune over and over again, sometimes more than two hours. So don't worry...

Never the less I still think it's good to listen to as many styles as possible to keep the diversity.