Those albums that you can play to your non

traveller

My non-psy listening friends like old(er) Texas Faggot tracks, Juno Reactor, Hallucinogen and some random songs like Eat Static´s "City of Sin"

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sunswoop is the best track off of Muse Breaks.

For me, I play:

Magic Sound Fabric - Uplift Drift - just some chill groovy shit, everyone loves it

Oliver Jones - Picking Up the Pieces

Ott - Blumenkraft - especially when stoned, oh man is his stuff good

Shakatura - Galactivation - I've gotten some great comments when I play that one

Squarepusher - either people hate him or are obsessed with him, I'm actually in the middle. :) I love his stuff, but not all the time.

One other issue my friends have with my music is "It's too fucking long".

They all seem to have the attention span of a small child.

I guess that's what listening to the radio all day does to you.

my friends that only listens too reggae cant stand psy/goa too fast and stressful for them they say,but my friends that listens to rock(atleast two of them) can sometimes dig it,but only when drunk and stoned.

nah, no way... just put them to the test when they are hung-over... they'll love it ;)

524189[/snapback]

that's exactly what I meant

Make them really stoned and then put on ambient stuff! They'll dig it!

Anything from Thievery Corporation.

Impossible not to like it.

524466[/snapback]

that's true, I have yet to meet somebody who does not at least partly like it ... but Thievery Corporation is not psy :)

a few albums everyone seems to like when I play it:

Nova Natura (Unicorn)

Solar Quest - Orgship

Younger brother

Khetzal - Corolle (I even sold 2 to people from my non-pie-loving class!)

and the most funny situation ever for me was a friend of me that is really into jazz, she doesn't like normal goa trance at all, but some day she was at my door while I was playing Shizm awfully loud, and she absolutely LOVED it, and she even bought it, héhé :)

This thread is full of bad suggestions. You guys failed miserably! :(

Shpongle is "too weird" for them. Thievery Corporation has nothing to do with "this" scene. Juno Reactor, Texas Faggott.. yeah right

beh

Who needs non-psy-loving friends anyway? Dig a hole in the woods, take them there at night (tell them you left your wallet there or something), quick smack over the back of the head with a spade, push 'em in, cover them up, and Bob's your uncle. No more friends moaning about the music you play.

Who needs non-psy-loving friends anyway? Dig a hole in the woods, take them there at night (tell them you left your wallet there or something), quick smack over the back of the head with a spade, push 'em in, cover them up, and Bob's your uncle. No more friends moaning about the music you play.

525837[/snapback]

:lol::lol::lol: Ahahah ! Pretty constructive plan Charles... ;)

Shpongle is "too weird" for them. Thievery Corporation has nothing to do with "this" scene. Juno Reactor, Texas Faggott.. yeah right

beh

525833[/snapback]

What are you moaning about :D It´s just that some of those artists` tracks are the ones that have gotten a positive response from my non-psy listening friends.

That´s true though that Thievery Corp have nothing to do with psy.

tho im glad i dont know anybody who listens psy only thank god

525853[/snapback]

*high five*

beh

525833[/snapback]

Maybe it's your friends. Most of my friends, while not into psy have good taste in music and enjoy quality. Therefore they can listen to and enjoy the psy and chill I make them listen to :P and even comment on how good it is, asking for recommendations.

It sounds like your friends have crappy taste and you're not going to find much that'll please them. Perhaps you could do a psy remix of britney spears and they might like that :blink::huh:

Most of my friends, while not into psy have good taste in music and enjoy quality. Therefore they can listen to and enjoy the psy and chill I make them listen to  :P and even comment on how good it is, asking for recommendations.

526219[/snapback]

Yeah, I am also a very good corrupter of my friends and some of them I even rape with intelligent psychedelic music, and they are even turned on it, asking me why I haven't played that stuff before...yeah, people are pretty persuasive... :D