God Save The Machine

Charlie

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I received this the other day. Listened to it fully through twice so far. LOVELY! Heck, even the CD insert SMELLS good. Very interesting scent from the ink they used I guess...anyway I digress...

I am really enjoying this CD. I like every track, but so far my favs are 3, 4, 6, 9, and 10.

It just pulses with energy the entire time, all the way through to the end.

I was actually upset that I made the drive home quicker than usual today and didn't get to finish listening to the CD again. Usually I cannot wait to get out of the car. :lol:

Looking forward to many more listens. Heck, I think I'll take another listen right now. B)

that's what I already said on page 2...

01. Raja Ram & Lucas - Intro

I love it, trippy...

02. Eat Static & Lucas - Primitive Earthlings

Eat Static style is still apparent here,at some parts it sounds a bit cheesy track but gets better after the middle or so...

03. Tristan & Lucas - Porcupine

Stompy full-on kick&bass..Very good production. No melodies. Not bad for the dancefloor.

04. Dickster & Lucas - Living Dangerously

some more full of breaks full-on... nothing interesting.

05. Laughing Buddha & Lucas - Binary Bonanza

Laughing Buddha and i can't hear any acid lines... better track than the previous one , still dissapointing.. The continuous samey full-on bassline[since the tristan track] has already succeded in causing headache. Crying Buddha.

06. Aphid Moon & Lucas - We Are Your Friend

booooring

07. Hallucinogen & Lucas - Pipeworm

A more decent intro and the track seems to be a bit more original than the previous ones. As the track progresses we can listen to the synthplay, fx and a few melodic pinches of Simon P. Best track of the compilation so far.

08. Queens Park Derangers - Create a Hippy

Some more full-on... until 6.25 where the sample gets in not much happens..

09. Prometheus & Lucas - Nerve Centre

Time for something a bit more moodlifting.. Relaxing,calm melodies all over the track drive you through a more ethereal atmosphere...

10. Sybarite - Liquid Lunched

Final track of the compilation is characterizedl,l by a lower tempo, still 4/4 beat, full-on/uk-fullon structure and sounds, and few melodic traces now and then, well put together.. Listenable.

All in all..

Boring and not innovative for the most part, uninspiring... 3,5 decent/average tracks and a nice intro...

Rating : No more than 6/10

I liked the Prometheus track very much! Beautiful music

530048[/snapback]

Yeah, it's easily my favourite track on the album. Can't wait for his 2 new albums, one trance, one downbeat. :)

Even that. *God have mercy on my soul*

530226[/snapback]

But but it was so good a couple of days ago?

Dont tell me that you guys allready are tired of this realese.

HeHe,...That´s what happens when you listen to the same cd over and over again. :lol:

Especially the Hallucinogen track.

I bet people tell simon he's a genious when he farts!

530233[/snapback]

That would be a dream come true for me. :blink:

Imagine having simon in you´re presence,and Farting too!!

What a bliss to my ears.

But but it was so good a couple of days ago?

Dont tell me that you guys allready are tired of this realese.

HeHe,...That´s what happens when you listen to the same cd over and over again. :lol:

530232[/snapback]

It is a good track, and I'm in no way tired of playing it, but the man's capable of so much more that I can't help but feel mildly disappointed.

Maybe it was Lucas' fault it fell just short, yes, that'll be it. :P

charlie charlie,...are you comparing with "twisted" and "the lone derenger" again.(shame on you :P )

Nothing he will ever do these days,will ever be as his first albums.

Even who hard we want,but comparing will only make you feel dissapointed in simon,and its not his fault he gave us two very good albums,but that was when he was on top of his musical peak,let him be remembered for that.

...Long Live Simon...

charlie charlie,...are you comparing with "twisted" and "the lone derenger" again.(shame on you :P )

Nothing he will ever do these days,will ever be as his first albums.

Even who hard we want,but comparing will only make you feel dissapointed in simon,and its not his fault he gave us two very good albums,but that was when he was on top of his musical peak,let him be remembered for that.

...Long Live Simon...

530246[/snapback]

There's some truth in what you say.... but let's be honest, his last three tracks, Bubble 'N Tweak, Stretch Tastic and Pipeworm, despite being good tracks, have all fallen short of the singles he released post-The Lone Deranger.