God Save The Machine

Charlie

http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/tip/tip1cd047.html

Does anyone have this? Is it any good?

I'm tempted to get it, if only for the new Hallucinogen and Prometheus tracks, but I've regularly been disappointed with 'blind' psy buys of late so would appreciate those who have it (or have heard it) share their opinions. :)

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that english flag as a cover bothers me in strange way :huh:

522972[/snapback]

Well, most of the guys on this compilation come from UK - Hallucinogen, Tristan, Prometheus and Eat Static, dunno about the rest but I assume it relates... and the title.

that english flag as a cover bothers me in strange way :huh:

522972[/snapback]

It's a take on the Sex Pistols' legendary God Save The Queen LP that features the Union Jack on the cover. God Save the Queen, God Save the Machine. See?

Guest The Journey Man Project

yes but it seems to have some kind of neo-nationalist fascist feel to it... I think I cannot buy it simply for this reason...

Guest The Journey Man Project

might be the big racist riots back in Australia late last year, but using a countries flag just makes me feel like the people behind it must have some kinda weird nationalist pride thing which often contains some form of racism...

I dunno, I get where you're coming from and it's an admiral stand but I think you've gotten hold of the wrong end of the stick. I'm sure Raja Ram isn't particularly nationalistic and it's just an innocent take on the Sex Pistols album title and cover.

I dunno, I get where you're coming from and it's an admiral stand but I think you've gotten hold of the wrong end of the stick. I'm sure Raja Ram isn't particularly nationalistic and it's just an innocent take on the Sex Pistols album title and cover.

523009[/snapback]

yep... also if you do a bit of digging in you'll see that the Sex Pistols' track was sarcastic and was in fact an open criticism to Queen Elisabeth II and the monarchy... Also it was released around the Queen's silver jubilee date (27th may which is more or less when the TIP comp is released as well) to further provoke and an attempt was made to play it out loud from a boat sailing on the river Thames in front of the Palace of Westminster during the celebration day of the Jubilee resulting in the band getting arested for it. Hehe that's British anarchism for you :) anyway, as you can see, the idea behind the concept is the exact opposite as to racism and shit...

might be the big racist riots back in Australia late last year, but using a countries flag just makes me feel like the people behind it must have some kinda weird nationalist pride thing which often contains some form of racism...

523006[/snapback]

how bad were they!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Cosmogenesis

Listening now to the Hallucinogen tune and it's his best since the Bubble'n'Tweak.

Absolutely mind bending. Sounds so digital and alienated.

523038[/snapback]

What have Hallucinogen produced else between the Bubble'n' Tweak and the Lucas track? Only "Karahana remix", no? :blink:

nah i wasnt thinking about racism,it just bothers me a little having a cd with the eglish flag on it

like having banner of a football team that i dont support.

beh,its just my closed mind talking,i will get over it! :D

Guest Cosmogenesis

he also took part on joti sidhu´s album "punktuator"but that was as the "Audio Chemistry"project,with the track "long long arms".

523216[/snapback]

It was before "Bubble'n tweak". But after this track, there is a lack of productions from the Hallucinogen project.

It was before "Bubble'n tweak". But after this track, there is a lack of productions from the Hallucinogen project.

523221[/snapback]

ok,i didnt know that.