Artist: Jaïa

Insejn

Artist: Jaïa

Date: 09-06-00

By: Tequila

Q: How why and when did you start making goa ?

A: I started in 95, when I met my partner jean-michel. We released our first EP on a french label called Fairway Records in 96. Before meeting Jean-Michel, I was playing keyboards in a rock band and also making trance tracks in the style of german progressive trance.

Q: How did you and jean michel met ?

A: We met in a keyboard shop.

Q: What are your top 5 goatrance albums and artists ?

A: I particulary like about trance is Spectral, Juno Reactor, X-Dream, Dado , Earth Nation, Der Dritte Raum, or Simon Posford… I love Shpongle, as an ambient one . I’m a fan of Lifeforms an old album of The Future Sound Of London too. The trance albums i like are Bible of Dreams and Shango of Juno Reactor, Terra Incognita of Earth Nation, and the last EPs of Koxbox , Blue Planet Corporation and Atmos .

Q: Your favorite jaia track ?

A: Maybe Sentences To Heaven, or the last ambient one, L’Ivresse Des Profondeurs.

Q: Is there a particular artist you like or you’d like to work with ?

A: Juno Reactor, but I don’t see what I could contribute to them ! But now, I would like to work with not goatrance artist (in other electronic or not electronic style)

Q: Could you explain us the paradox, everyone find Blue Energy great, but it remains hard to find, why?

A: Blue Energy was released on Cross Recods, a very small and not goatrance french label, and it was very bad distributed out of France. Cross Recods has ripped us off (they didn’t pay us), so Blue Energy will be re-released with a bonus 6 tracks CD on a Japanese label, Yellow Feather, witch is a sublabel of Dakini records. The release date is 15th of September.

Q: What equipment do you use ?

A: A old 486 PC + Cubase (with only midi), a A3000 Yamaha sampler, and some synths like the Nordlead, JV-1080, JV-800, juno-106… I’m using the mixing desk Berhinger Eurodesk MX8000. I will get soon audio stuff like a G3 or G4 Mac.

Q: How long did it take to make Blue Energy?

A: 2 years, but we have made a lot of other tracks in the same time.

Q: Where did you make your best live ever and why ?

A: This is difficult to answer, but maybe our best live was in Portugual, in Estoril in 97, and in Japan in Tokyo in fabruary 2000. Japaneese and Portuguese people was so full of energy, so positive ! In Japan it was the best sound we ever had ! So, we love people in Switzerland too, and Israeli, English and German one are so crazy :-)

Q: What are your future projects/releases ?

A: Now the next release will be the re-release of Blue Energy on Yellow Feather in September. It will be sold on line too. I ‘m working now on the next Jaia Album.

Q: What do you prefer : to make, to play, or to listen to the music ?

A: This is 3 different things, so pleasure is different. To play is the pleasure of sharing my music and meeting people, to make the music is the buzz of creating a new track ,and to listen is something else !

Thanks a lot from all the Goa people community, and give us more great stuff as soon as you can ;-)