Artist: Future Prophecy

Insejn

Artist: Future Prophecy

Date: 09-17-00

By: Chaitu

Q: Ok, to start off with, who are Future Prophecy and when did you start producing music?

A: We are Hagay (25), software engineering student, and Itay (23), a student and a manger of a production company. Two brothers leaving in the capital of the Negev desert, Be'er-Sheva.

We both started our musical way in the Forum club in Be'er Sheva, Hagay was a DJ (first 80s' music, electronic stuff, and then trance), and Itay was working with lights and also DJing from time to time. Our development is part of the general development in music in general. We don't have a very electronic background. We arrived at trance when a friend brought us a tape, and we listened to it in the car. At first we were not too enthusiastic about it, but what drew us to it immediately was the bass. We always loved music and we have tons of stuff at home of all kinds and genres. We like most Pink Floyd, Aviv Geffen, and a lot of alternative rock.

Our first album (Future Prophecy) was released about six months after we signed up with Helicon, and seven months after we first touched this kind of equipment. It was actually an album in which we first felt the electronic experience. The second album (Seeds of Rage) didn't take long to come (about 8 months after the first), and had our big hit "Indra" that was heavily played all over the world. In this album we really connected more to the scene, and started to get better understanding in the technical aspect, about errors we've made, and also generally speaking. At that point we understood better where we're heading in trance and in general. A year later Shadows was released. We got real good reviews about it, and we feel that in this album we made a deep change in production and concept. We first remixed a famous act (X-Dream) in this album. The fourth album, the last so far, took a year and a half more to come out, after hard work and searching and looking inside ourselves.

We refrain from judging ourselves musically and leave that to the experts, but technically and emotionally, we feel a development in the present and also for the near future. A lot of work was put into this project, we sealed ourselves to music for six months, went into ourselves, and worked on our music- we can say that every sound in this one is the fruit of our own work and labor.

Q: Can you name a few artists that have influenced and inspired you, and your current top 5 favourite tracks?

A: Alternative rock ,X-Dream, Pink Floyd, Suede, it might not manifest itself in the studio, but it's somewhere there in the background, and might be more felt in the future, actually i dont have top favourite from the reason that I love evreything.

Q: Which is your favourite 'Future Prophecy' track?

A: My favourites are the 2room, freak, keep the frequency{L,S,D}, picture of the universe

Q: Do you play a lot of parties?

A: No i dont play a lot It was probably a matter of marketing. Probably the way in which we were marketed till this album didn't match our needs. We are now working with our label manager and the label's P&R to change that. but we enjoy at love prade.

Q: Are there any artists out there you would like to collaborate with?

A: It can be interesting to work with variety of my style artist

Q: And lastly, how do you feel about the scene in Israel and worldwide? And will you be releasing more music soon?

A: I feel the scene return to be whate she was before 3 or 4 years ago more underground, In isreal is quit difficult to the scene but im optimist.