Artist: Blue Planet Corporation

Insejn

Artist: Blue Planet Corporation

Date: 02-08-00

By: Children

Q: Hi Gabriel ! Can we ask you a few questions about your group ?

A: Hi ! I’m sorry for the language and the write, but I’m french ! To answer to your first question : it’s a pleasure for me, it’s only my second interview since I started to produce trance music in 1993 !

Q: Ok, so let's start the interview : First of all, how would you describe Goa music in few words ?

A: I don’t want to describe any music because you enclose it in a style and it stops the natural evolution of this music. It’s what happened when people started to speak about Goa in 1994/1995. Before, at the end of 80’s, when I started to discover techno music, there were no style but a fucking every day changing music. There was no limit, no structure, but only the same kick moving your body with strange noise. And today, you have trance, techno, house, jungle… What does it mean ? Nothing, because every style needs another one, electronic or not, to exist. You can see the trance music is changing today with the last album of Koxbox, or the Shpongle album. The most important thing is to feel emotion with electronic and sample sounds. After you can say « this is techno, breakbeat or this is Goa », but it doesn't mean that it’s good. But if you want that I describe Goa Music, I just can say that it’s a Psychedelic music for dancing !

Q: Is Goa your favourite music style ?Or do you prefer Trance ?

A: Like I said before, I just like music that gives me emotion and dream. It’s like a drug : you can travel with. And I don’t know exactly the difference between Goa and Trance. Goa is a trance music. Astral Projection has remixed a title of Trilithon in their last album called Trance Dance, an old trance track.

Q: How and when did you start to make Trance/Goa ?

A: I released a first maxi in 1993 on a french label called U.F.K. I was making music since 1989 with few equipment. I was listening to 80’s electronic stuff.

Q: Are you currently preparing a new album ?When do you project to release it ?

A: I will certainly make another album for Flying-Rhino. I’m waiting to buy more equipment like a big computer to change my sound and have a better production.

Q: Your favourite Blue Planet Corporation Track ?

A: Perhaps Alidade.

Q: Your favourite Goa Group, Album, Top 5 Goa Tracks ?

A: My favourite album is Shpongle. It’s an incredible fucking sounds album. The most imagination, beauty and emotion I have ever heard. My favourite groups list is very long : Sven Väth, The Infinity Project, Juno Reactor, Koxbox, Atmos, Slinky Wizard, X-Dream… Favourite Tracks :

« sentences to heaven » Jaïa, « Tribute » Etnica, « Green sky » Earth Nation, « Clone 3 » The Pollinator, « Angelic Particles » Hallucinogen.

Q: Where does your inspiration come from ?

A: It comes from the music I heard. I always need to hear something that make me feel good vibe, and try to reproduce this feeling with my sound, my vision.

Q: Future projects ?

A: I want to make a more trance dancefloor project, something more hard for the party, with my brother Sebastien will call « Red Planet ». I begin to work too with a friend something more commercial with a singer… we like Chemical Brother, Underworld and British pop !

Q: More generally : what do you think of the future of Psychedelic Trance music style ?

A: I don’t see the future of psychedelic trance music, but I see the future of electronic music and I think it’s very good. We can today produce an album at home ! It’s a big revolution ! Thanks to a computer, more and more people can express with music, video, internet…It’s the future !

Thanks a lot from all the Goa people community, and ... give us more great stuff as soon as you can ;-)