Artist: BLT

Insejn

Artist: BLT

Date: 11-03-00

By: Children

Q: First of all, what does "BLT" mean ?

A: BLT stands for Bacon, Lettuce & Tomato ( preferrably untoasted with maio ) Club sandwich.

Q: How and when did you start to make Goa ?

A: I've been into trance music since 1992, when I have visited Goa first time. The great oneness of this music and it's influence on people made many other genres of music less interesting for me. Still, whilst listening to trance I would play some blues on my guitar till the first synth came into my house at my birthday in the beginning of 1997 - then the switch was made.. I started my way as electronic music producer..

Q: Do you project to release a new album after "Presence" ? When would it be released ?

A: Well.. hard to say for sure what will follow 'Presence'.. I think the interest in a sequel already exists, and I've been working really hard this summer to make quite a few trax which are unreleased material, and for now I enjoy playing them along with the album on gigs.. I can say that the BLT style stays, and I try to add a more 'freestyle' feeling to the trax, plus the production that improves from track to track.. So.. there is nothing exact I can tell u about at the mo. except of couple of ambient/chill-out/tekno/dub things that were written in a collaboration with a very special artist that goes by the name ' Realistic ' - are ought to come out in DJ Eyal's new comp. on BNE real soon.

Q: Let's talk about "Presence" … could you describe us its style compared to your previous album ?

A: 'Presence' in it's spirit is very much close to 'Alchemic Anecdote' as my eyes can see it.. ;o) The special attention was made to make this album very high quality soundwise and IDEAwise - as there are no weaker parts in this album. An individual can like or dislike any of the trax, but it's quite hard to say that - ' well, he didn't have enough quality music so he put this inside to fill in the 70 minutes.. '. The general concept of this album is trance both minimalistic and wall of sounds, dark and happy, emotional and cold - you can find any of these here and sometimes in one track ;o) and most of all for me - it's psychedelic dance music!!!

Q: Which of your own tracks do you like the best ?

A: That's a tough question coz I love most of them.. If I ought to choose though, I'll go for 'Golden Slumbers' from 'Presence' for it's magik and 'Six Feet Under' which hasn't been released yet for it's tribal darkness ( with a bit of hope.. ;o) )..

Q: Your favourite psychedelic Groups & Albums ?

A: There are many groups and individual artists that I like ( or liked ) during the years. The number one album that did ( and still does ) it for me is ofcourse Hallucinogen's ' Twisted '. Nowadays, my favourite acts are - KoxBox, Quirk, Spiralkind@/Spirallianz/Midi Miliz, Atmos, Domestic, Psycraft. As for the albums - KoxBox - ' The Great Unknown ', ManMadeMan - ' Lovetechnology ' and Juno Reactor's ' Shango ' would be my choice of heart at this moment.

Q: Where does your inspiration come from when building a Track ?

A: I guess it comes from all that I hear and see and generally happens in my life.. he he Sometimes there is NO inspiration and u just work and do the technical things till it appears again - or u just have a chillum.. ;o) But mostly.. as a non smoker - I just make up sequences till I get hooked on a groove that's original and catchy and try to develop it and then it just flows..

Q: What kind of equipment do you use to make your Tracks ?

A: I move more and more to the audio side of electronic music. I use a Pentium II 400 Mhz with 256 meg ram and a Wave/8*24 Gadget Labs digital recording interface - with VST 5.01 ( which is just great.. ) Plus couple of samplers ( ASR 10 from Ensoniq and ESI 4000 from EMU ) Plus couple of synths ( Roland's JP 8000 and Novation's Supernova ). Still have some effects and compressors ( Ensoniq's DP/4+, Alesis Midiverb 4, Behringer's Composer and DBX's Digital Dynamics Processor that DOES miracles to sound ;o) ). All that goes through Mackie 24*8 mixing board and Event 20*20p monitors.

Q: Future projects ?

A: Just started my third year as a future Acupuncturist, so the music will have to be shantier - though I still visit the studio from time to time he he..

Q: Is there another artist you'd like to work with ?

A: Well yep there are quite a few.. But the first on my list would be definitely the KoxBox dudes and Marcus 'The Delta' Maichel

Q: Do you play DJ sets ? If so, what kind of stuff do you play as DJ in parties ?

A: My basic look at the things is that I am no DJ though I bitmix... I am no. one promoter of what I do, and as such I DJ only stuff I have written or arranged the sound production for. My sets are good for night time as for early morning time ( altogether 2am to 7am ).

Q: When & where was your best party ? And your worst one ?

A: I am quite lucky to play on really good events last couple of years, and I do not have a standalone! But I'll mention all the parties made by the Nadi/Itzik/David crew - all of them were amazing - the best crowd in the most amazing nature spots u can find in Israel - U get there and u can't believe that this kind of spirit still exists in parties in Israel. One more is the OMA COMA Rosh Hashana ( Jewish New Year ) party in Tel Aviv harbour - left me completely speechless for quite a long time - brilliant rave with outstanding deco brought from overseas and some 2000 crazy people going absolutely mad...

Q: One question we never asked till then, but could interest some people (cause I suppose that's the same for all labels) … from an album costing 20$, how much come in your pocket ? And how much do you get when there is one Track from you on a 20$ compilation ?

A: I prefer really not to go into numbers.. I would say that one has to sell quite a lot of 20$ worth albums ( not to mention compilations ) to make a descent living* * When I say descent living I mean having food and paying the rent ;o) There is much more vibe in music making than money.. he he So, maybe it doesn't make your pockets full.. but it does fill your soul from time to time..

Thanks ;-)

Thank you too and good luck with this great site!