Artist: Toï Doï

DeathPosture

Made on 08-16-01 with Gilles By Anoebis

1) So where, why and when did you start to make music ?

I have started music when I was 8 years old, playing classic piano, (thanks to my parent) then at 13 years, the electric guitar to make rock then at 25 years the jazz my most and I finished in a music school the CNCM in Nancy, at 30 years (better late than never) because during I had to work to earn my life till then. Today I am 37 years old and dedicate myself exclusively for 7 years to electronic music. Because I really love music. I really lived something intense 8 years ago : it was a musical revolution in the same way as the psychedelic rock of the 70's.

2) Why do you make Psychedelic Trance ?

For the journey and the rise that this trance can bring.

3) Which other music styles do you like ?

Trip Hop and Pervading whom I make as well.

4) Your album "Technologic" is extremely full on, and that's something refreshing those days ... Were you never caught by that minimalistic wave ?

Yes one day I shall manage to do some minimalism, but at the moment I should say that I look for my way in it (not easy to make it sound good)

5) Which of your own tracks do you like the most ?

Replicant and Nuage d'Encens for the old tracks and I can't really say you about the numerous new ones I made.

6) What do you think about the evolution of Psy-Trance ?

I had many difficulties to stop using melodies. In Paris, all DJ's play the same psytrance. I think it's possible to improve this music more in the fusion than the goa trance. I think that trance can go even further because a well-dosed mixing can give even more explosive and elevator sounds.

7) What are your favourite Trance artists & albums ?

Cosmosis, Hallucinogen, Astral projection, Doof, Koxbox, Prana, Space Cat, Tim Schuldt and many others that made me travel on the dance floor …

8) What do you think about the MP3-revolution... is it a good or a bad thing ?

It's a very good thing, not a dangerous one for the music like many people say, because we represent only 10% of the world population to user computers, MP3 pirates are 10% of these 10%, which makes 1% of the world population, so I don't see the problem. The music circulates, is appreciated, then tbought by quite a big number of people. CD is matter, MP3 is impalpable, so people want to touch it, as we're in a society of consumption.

9) What do you do for a living except making music ?

Nobody I lost my work for the music, for a health reason. Music is best medicine I know. I overcame difficulties thanks to my head and the help of the state, which give me a pension, which allows me to eat and make lot of music (such a pleasure).

10) You're also a DJ... What kinda stuff do you play on parties ?

My music!

11) What was your best and worst party ?

The party best I made was in Portugal, they have the power. The worst are the recent ones in Paris.

12) What will the future bring ? More albums releases ?

Future will bring a numeric technology that is only beginning. Computers will permit us to do many more things in the future and that's a really good thing.

13) Thanks Gilles for doing the interview and we hope to hear more stuff from you soon !

Thank you too, I have many new tracks, which I'd like to be released on 2 albums, maybe soon if I find a good label, a real one …