Summer

abasio

Yeah, summer is coming.

I've already changed to shorts and T-shirts. The weathers hot and the girls' outfits are getting skimpier and skimpier :D

I love summer and I love summery music. How about the rest of you guys? What Psy or Chillout reminds you of summer or which do you think is perfect for a summer's day outside?

For me

Trance

Flying Rhino's Seventh Flight - Elevation

Technossomy - Synthetic Flesh

Astral Projection - Dancing Galaxy

Son Kite - Perspectives of...

V/A - Time - Re:evolution II (CD3)

Chillout

Abakus - That Much Closer to the Sun

V/A - Time - Re:evolution II (CD1)

Shpongle - Tales of the Inexpressible

V/A - Butterfly Dawn

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny you should say it. Some of the tunes in my vast psymusic-library sound better during summertime :) . Here´s my list:

By the way. Today is my 27th birthday ;) . I´m at home celebrating now with coffee, a huge breakfast-table and a healthy dose of ambient and psychedelic dub - just to spoil myself B)

Trance:

Triptych - Lost Paradises

TIP.WORLD - Mystery of the 13 Crystal Skulls

Imagi:Nations pt. 1 - Night

Raja Ram´s Stash Bag vol. 2

Chill:

Ott - Blumenkraft

Backroom Beats vol. 1

Triptych - Lost Paradises

TIP.WORLD - Mystery of the 13 Crystal Skulls

Imagi:Nations pt. 1 - Night

Ozric Tentacles - Arborescence

Ooze - Where the Fields Never End

Shpongle - Tales of the Inexpressible (for some reason I never listen to this one during winter. That´s usually when I listen to Are You Shpongled? instead)

Saafi Brothers - Mystic Cigarettes (the best summer-chill ever produced :) )

Entheogenic - Spontaneous Illumination

power source album "cosmic waves" gives me a nice warm summer feeling when listening too it,so does green house effect "global warming" and electric universe "unify" ,last couple of days when the sun has been shining ive been listening alot to vibrasphere´s new album,perfect for a sunny spring morning.

Yeah, happy birthday! :) Enjoy your day with good music!

Absolutely Feuerhake and Klangstrahler Projekt ... it can't get more summer for me than that :)

Matenda is also somewhat summerish to me in general. I mean, there are some tracks which are an exception, but overall it's rather summer stuff - no matter if it's his chill music or the more psy material. Maybe this is the case because I always used to listen to that stuff on nice summer evenings...

Atmos too ... this stuff I don't listen much to in winter. Many tunes from Headcleaner remind me of running through the park in summer :)

Also Etnoscope is rather summerish to me. But I listen to that in winter too.

And hehe ... Ticon - The Cozy Cactus, that piece also reminds me of summer evenings...

Oh and BTW, Son Kite - Colours is ideal spring music for me :)

Very suitable for summer are astral projection and MFG, you feel feelings that you don´t feel on winter while listening to stuff from them, Green nuns of the revolution works also well with summer. I can say anything that is uplifting works well with summer.

Heh, I would agree with MFG and AP (especially Dancing Galaxy).

Also, Jupiter 8000 - Twisted Bliss is reminiscent of summertimes, for me.

Same goes for Steve Baltes - Cologne Summer (on the Guitars on Mushroom Vol. 1 compilation) as well as

Electric Universe - Moonchild.

Psy trance has never reminded me of summer or the sun.

For the first 5 years I was into psy, it was usually accompanied with lsd or mushrooms, dark forests, abandoned cottages, caves, sitting beside lakes in the moonlight, that sort of thing. As a result psy music usually reminds me of the night, of mythical beings, of space, of time, of extreme horrors and extreme beauties, of the depths of imagination. Definately not summer.

Immortal - At the heart of winter

For the first 5 years I was into psy, it was usually accompanied with lsd or mushrooms, dark forests, abandoned cottages, caves, sitting beside lakes in the moonlight, that sort of thing. As a result psy music usually reminds me of the night, of mythical beings, of space, of time, of extreme horrors and extreme beauties, of the depths of imagination. Definately not summer.

521537[/snapback]

Maybe a lot of it is down to your experiences. I went to a lot of summer beach parties playing the sort of trance on Time Re:evolution 2 CD3 and froever more this style has reminded me of summer and sun!

How about chill out? Some of that must make you feel summery?

California Sunshine is for me pure summer music, pure simple trance with great melodies :)

521630[/snapback]

Just the name sounds so summery :D I'm glad the music does too, I'll have to check out more of their stuff. I have only sinking sand & I can't remember how it was.

Just the name sounds so summery  :D  I'm glad the music does too, I'll have to check out more of their stuff. I have only sinking sand & I can't remember how it was.

521635[/snapback]

It sucks! Check one of their good albums! Imperia, Nasha...

GOA Trance, I have pulled out most of my CD's and started to listen to them...

last night I had it playing in my garden, while doing Poi...it was a beautiful sunny night with a nice cold breeze, I got all hyper lol and excited for summer! :D

Filteria - Heliopolis

V/A:Goa Beach Vol 2

V/A:Pressure

Guest Cosmogenesis

It sucks! Check one of their good albums! Imperia, Nasha...

521638[/snapback]

To tell about "Sinking Sand" that "it sucks" is maybe a little excessive IMO :P

Ok, the other albums are better and for sure less boring than this one. But if you compare it with some today full-on craps, I can't imagine which expression you will choose to define them...

Maybe a lot of it is down to your experiences. I went to a lot of summer beach parties playing the sort of trance on Time Re:evolution 2 CD3 and froever more this style has reminded me of summer and sun!

How about chill out? Some of that must make you feel summery?

521583[/snapback]

Yeah, it's definately down to experience and also depends on what style of music one listens to. The dark, twisted stuff is best played at night while the more euphoric stuff is best played during the day.

521537[/snapback]

I don´t know what the first albums wee, but if that were some compilations with hallucinogen i´am wondering why it don´t remind you of summer, his old stuff even before twisted and some remixes have riffs and melodieleads with the SH101 playing over a flanger and it sounds for me definetly like summer, it also reminds me of old buildings but it definetly sounds like summer for me. Anyway i think that almost every psytrance track that has synthlines with highfrequenzies and not much dark reverb inside can be listened well on summerdays, especially when there are much melodielines and uplifting melodies.

• 8 months later...

I want to create a summer mix (chill)

obviously Abakus is going on it

I'm also thinking of Kaya Project, Kuba, Jaia, Adham Shaikh, Androcell, Gaudi, Solarquest

anymore suggestions of summer chillout?

I'm thinking sat on the beach sort of stuff leading into warm wet (rainy season) music

What the fucking fuck you lacy sukres! Why don't you guys help me out for my very serious question? :angry: You guys obviously aren't into music in the same way I am! I can't believe no one is answering me. ME!! People obviously don't listen to music with a summer vibe anymore! I am the onlyone who listens to this style here all you others are stuck listening to your boring winter music with winter feel not fucking emotional summer stuff like me.

FUCK!!

:P