Artist: Miranda

mars

Artist: Miranda (Miranda Silvergren)

Date: 12-14-00

By: Children

Q: You're one of the very few women producing psytrance music … how did you discover this style and what made you decide to produce Goa ? When did you start producing it ?

A: I started 7 years ago to produce serious music. Before that, I was only playing around. Why Trance? Well, I started go to underground clubs in Gothenburg 93 and I felt in love with the music.

Q: Do you project to release a new album ? When would you release it ? Could you describe us how it sounds ?

A: The new album "Asynja" is coming in the end of february on Goldhead music / Sweden. It is a little bit back to basics whith more riffs and touch of industrial influences.

Q: Which of your own tracks do you like the best ?

A: My personal best tracks are Gnocchi remix, Feel the effect, Enigma, Keep calm and Real rush.

Q: Your favourite psychedelic Groups & Tracks ?

A: Best tracks are Hallucinogen "LSD", Indoors "Atlantis", Man with no name "Teleport" and The delta "As a child..." Other very good groups are X-dream (The Delta), Astral projection, Transwawe and so on...

Q: Tell us your recipe to make a good Miranda Track ?

A:

1) A lot of nice smoke ;)

2) A lot of time

3) A big cup of tea

4) Really bad weather, like rain of snowfall

Q: Where does your inspiration come from ?

A: Don't know ...

Q: What kind of equipment do you use to make your Tracks ?

A: Cubase VST,synths,Kurzweiler 2000R sampler

Q: Future projects ?

A: Maybe a new Ominus album in 2002.

Q: Is there another artist you'd like to work with ?

A: There are many.... But With Simon Posford or Jean-Michel Jarre could be very nice. ;)

Q: When & where was your best party ? And your worst one ?

A: There are so many good parties in different ways. The worst one (one of them) are on "The Tube" in Copenhagen. Only one synth without power and leads and no stage so I had to stand on the Dancefloor so the people could see that the synth wasn't connected. Really embarrassing. :(

Q: As you're in psytrance for many years, what do you think about the evolution of psytrance in the last years on a musical point of view ? Have things gotten better/worse according to you ?

A: In Sweden it's going straight down because of the police. In the rest of the Europe it's more okay to listen to trance and have a party. The music starting as well to be a little bit boring, because everything has already been done. I think people has to be more open minded so the music can keep on developping.

You can know more about her at http://www.miranda.nu !