Artist: Miraculix

mars

Artist: Miraculix (Thomas Hammarstrom)

Date: 09-27-02

By: Danger

Q: How did you get into the psyscene? How was it then ?

A: The first trance CD I bought was the Goa-Head1 compilation. Don't really know how the trance scene looked by then because I started going to parties years after that.

Q: How long have you been involved in making music and what was the inspiration and the idea when you started ?

A: Can't say what the actual idea was because I was so young when I started getting involved in music. My father was kind enough to give me a synth when I was only seven years old. We went into a music store to buy me one of those cool electric guitars, but we came home with a syntherziser instead...

I got the guitar a few years after that.

Q: Any collaborations with other artists in the future ?

A: It's impossible to say at the moment, but that might be cool..!

All I know now is that Jonas Bergvall (former member of Logic Bomb) wants to make a remix of one of my tracks named "Stop them!" We're close friends so I'm fine with that.

I used to work with a friend of mine named Daniel Hagenfeldt on a club trance project and mabe I might do something with him as a sideproject later. on.

Q: Where does the inspiration come from when building a track ?

A: Dancefloors... shouting-screaming-jumping... Dancefloors!

Q: What was your aim with your album, what's your opinion about it ?

A: I really wanted to do a full-on album for the dancers and I'm so glad with what I've acomplished so far with the 9 tracks on the Detonator album.

Q: What equipment are you using to make your music ?

A: I'm using a PC AMD 1500 running Cubase VST and a whole loads of software, Novation Supernova2, Roland Mc-505, Korg Poly6, Alesis Dm-5 drum machine, Alesis NanoBass, a Behringer Mx-8000 24 channel mixer, a Behringer compressor, a Alesis MidiVerb4 effect, Behringer Truth studio monitors, a Zoom Sampler wich is for sale cause I never use it.

Q: Whats your favourite Miraculix track and why?

A: Actually I'm so happy with how the album turned out, it feels like all the tracks on it are my favourites!

Q: Future plans, releases and a second album?

A: The plan after the album is to get some tracks out on various compilations and whenever I feel ready for it, produce another album for Alchemy Records.

Q: What do you think of the psy-scene nowadays?

A: Hard to say because I only visit other countries while I'm there doing gigs and I don't get to experience much more of the scene there then the parties I'm playing at.

The thing in Sweden is that we've got these really nice outdoor parties in the forests during the summers. The police on the other hand doesn't like these parties because most of the time there are a'lot of people doing drugs there. Most of the time they just drive out to the party location to make a great entrence with their big blue jackets to frighten people not to take drugs, but sometimes they even shut down the music and makes sure people go home.

Q: Best and worst party?

A: Best parties are when people show up and are really feeling up for dancing the night away. The worst parties are the opposit or when the police shows up.

Thanks for the interview !